LA LA - Belle Chasse, WhtMale 16-17, UP88342, hanged, suicide note, Feb'75

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO - and I must reiterate this is 100% my opinion only - I am kind of shelving this case as closed in my mind. I don't think we will be likely to have confirmation about him being Charlie (although I pray we can), so no real closure in that aspect IMO, but I really do truly believe he is Charlie.

I wonder if there exist actual court documents declaring Charles Wallace deceased? Or Bayard Cousins for that matter?

The laws for “Presumed Death” changed in Tennessee in 2001.
Before then:

“Under the common law, a person missing for 7 years was presumed to be deceased. In 1941, however, the Legislature passed a law which did away with such “presumption of death.”
For 60 years, from 1941 until a new law was passed in 2001, family members of a missing-and-believed-to-be-deceased relative had a tough challenge. The 1941 law required the presentation of evidence to prove the death of the missing relative – even though in most cases there was not sufficient legal “proof” of their missing relative’s death.
In 2001, the Tennessee Legislature passed a law, set forth at Tennessee Code Annotated section 30-3-102, which allows the probate court to apply a “presumption of death” after a person has been missing for 7 years.”

IMO - and I must reiterate this is 100% my opinion only - I am kind of shelving this case as closed in my mind. I don't think we will be likely to have confirmation about him being Charlie (although I pray we can), so no real closure in that aspect IMO, but I really do truly believe he is Charlie.
Quoting my post from last month...
I still genuinely believe that BCJD is Charlie, 100%.

I'm not good at it but tried my best...

View attachment 359006
This comparison, plus matching dentals, the same unique scar inside the mouth, and his mother having reason to believe it was him really seals it for me. JMO. I really do wish there was a way to verify. I think Charlie was a highly intelligent young guy who faced his own issues and felt so much pain over it that it led to a suicide IMO. Sad turn of events, either way.

It's my understanding there is nothing left of this young man...remains, dental records, clothing, the note (?) If this is correct..and someone comes forward thinking this could be a long lost relative..how can this be determined?
Or am I incorrect...please tell me I'm wrong and there is something in existence.

It's my understanding there is nothing left of this young man...remains, dental records, clothing, the note (?) If this is correct..and someone comes forward thinking this could be a long lost relative..how can this be determined?
Or am I incorrect...please tell me I'm wrong and there is something in existence.
As far as we know, there is no way to currently identify him. :(

As far as we know, there is no way to currently identify him. :(

I thought there was some speculation that the cemetery knew the location of the grave or am I thinking about something else?

Quoting my post from last month...
I still genuinely believe that BCJD is Charlie, 100%.

This comparison, plus matching dentals, the same unique scar inside the mouth, and his mother having reason to believe it was him really seals it for me. JMO. I really do wish there was a way to verify. I think Charlie was a highly intelligent young guy who faced his own issues and felt so much pain over it that it led to a suicide IMO. Sad turn of events, either way.

I will admit that is compelling evidence, but doesn't the newspaper extract state that Charlie's mother identified the body and ruled it wasn't her son? It is hard to believe that his mother would not be able to recognise him. There is also the detail about the missing scar on his knee. It's possible she may have been misguided or in denial, but we shouldn't presume that to be true.

Sorry...because if Charles Wallace is missing he is neither in Namus nor in Doe Network? It should be included...but as if only family members can? I think this is the first thing to do in the meantime...

Thanks for bumping. I’ve never believed it was Mr Wallace for the simple fact of where this young man was found. Not a local, but near local. Naomi is far off the beaten path. I used to go to Belle Chasse every year to buy creole tomato plants..never heard of Naomi..it looks like a small market farming village. So there will always be the questions I have.. why Naomi and why a persimmon tree (there are many other trees.)

Thanks for bumping. I’ve never believed it was Mr Wallace for the simple fact of where this young man was found. Not a local, but near local. Naomi is far off the beaten path. I used to go to Belle Chasse every year to buy creole tomato plants..never heard of Naomi..it looks like a small market farming village. So there will always be the questions I have.. why Naomi and why a persimmon tree (there are many other trees.)

So you think it's from Louisiana or from a state bordering Louisiana anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay