LA LA - Belle Chasse, WhtMale 16-17, UP88342, hanged, suicide note, Feb'75

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Waaaaait….so is he …still alive or dead?

If someone is missing long enough, their family might choose to have them legally declared deceased, without a body having been located. Or I suppose may believe it to be true but not pursue a declaration formally.
If so, family obituaries could state the missing person preceeded their relatives in death. It doesn't mean they aren't a John Doe.

I hope I am making sense, and it answers your question?

If someone is missing long enough, their family might choose to have them legally declared deceased, without a body having been located. Or I suppose may believe it to be true but not pursue a declaration formally.
If so, family obituaries could state the missing person preceeded their relatives in death. It doesn't mean they aren't a John Doe.

I hope I am making sense, and it answers your question

I hope I am making sense, and it answers your question?
It answers my question. Thank you!

Did we ever see the note?
It’s in the section that I sent to CarlK because I’m an ancient Luddite and couldn’t figure out how to post the newspaper reports from NOLA.

Still, the young man has read Durkheim, so he’s had a solid liberal arts background, i.e., anthropology, sociology or philosophy. Then there’s Naomi, LA. Back of beyond. Still trying to get enough courage and time with MrTony in SNF in Baton Rouge, to go through arduous task of LSU Special Collections. And a US survey map that could give street details or photos from the 70s. I’m sure the tree is gone—I certainly would have cut it down.

Last edited:
I’m sure the tree is gone—I certainly would have cut it down.

A persimmon tree large enough to hang a person in is already close to the end of it's natural lifespan, as they only live about 75 years, and this was close to 50 years ago....so even if left undisturbed the tree would likely have run it's course by now.

I have three persimmon trees on my property and the oldest one is probably at or close to 60 years old. This land has been in my husband's family for 3 generations and the tree was already there when he was a kid, only smaller then of course, and he's in his mid-50s now. You can tell it's nearing the end of its life because each year it's getting more and more dead branches here and there that have to be removed. It's still bearing fruit but is looking pretty shabby. So I'd agree with pass-thru that if the persimmon tree where the UID hanged himself was not cut down it is probably dead by now.

Springrain...I have leaned towards Charlie as well.
With every piece of this case lost or missing, I rack my brain on how it could ever be solved. If Charlie's mom is still alive, she would be the key to this...admitting to whether or not it really was him..or, if she told immediate family members.
Bayard Cousins is on my radar too...but IMO, Charlie stands out.
I wish the handwriting of the suicide note and samples of Charlie's and Bayards writings could be analyzed for comparison.

It's also well known that coming off of LSD can make you feel quite low (and if you're already dealing with depression, it can be even worse)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
liiinebecc