LA LA - Belle Chasse, WhtMale 16-17, UP88342, hanged, suicide note, Feb'75

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if Charlie is on NamUs or Doe Network offhand?
We could ask the case worker to take a look...or the coroner's office in Louisiana?? What about Othram..could they point us in the right direction...?
I believe he was only found through sleuthing after reading the article. I remember others saying they couldn't find any other references to him, doe, namus, etc... not even a missing persons report or a death certificate/any information regarding what happened to him.

The info certainly fits, if he were so upset about being on probation for breaking and entering that a minor car accident could cause him to flee...
Here is an article that mentions a lot of the information in the Doe entry--
http://www.record-eagle.com/1999/mar/21teeno.htm

If LE in Louisiana were so interested that they requested dental records, this certainly would seem to be a case where a DNA test would be appropriate.
Yes, it seems to fit in many ways. Perry disappeared on March 15th, the same timeframe "John Doe" was published as found. Very interesting, indeed.

This is my understanding of the issues with DNA comparisons:

- BC JD’s exact burial place is unknown; we know the cemetery (Westlawn, in Gretna), and Mothe Funeral Home likely knows the particular spot, but that info is unavailable to the public.

- if we theoretically had BC JD’s DNA, we then run into issues with comparison.

The two most suggested missing people, Bayard Cousins and Charles Wallace, also don’t have DNA on file; CW isn’t even listed as missing anywhere anyone has been able to discover - we only know about him because his mother came to see BC JD’s body in 1975.

On a more positive note, as of a few years ago, both men had siblings who were still alive (if I’m remembering correctly), so there’s potential for a comparison, possibly.

@Tony1902 ! So glad to see you here, and I hope your husband is doing as well as he can be.

Although I’ve just recently read the entire thread (for the 3rd time), I have a question you may know the answer to.

In some newspaper reports, they mention that he was found in/near Naomi, while in others (and currently in Namus/Charley) that he was found near Alliance. I think I’ve managed to piece together that Alliance wasn’t actually a town, but the name of a refinery built in 1971. (It’s now, as of 2022, called the Alliance Terminal).

So I was wondering whether you’d ever tracked down Naomi, and if so, where it was/is located relative to Alliance.

@Tony1902 ! So glad to see you here, and I hope your husband is doing as well as he can be.

Although I’ve just recently read the entire thread (for the 3rd time), I have a question you may know the answer to.

In some newspaper reports, they mention that he was found in/near Naomi, while in others (and currently in Namus/Charley) that he was found near Alliance. I think I’ve managed to piece together that Alliance wasn’t actually a town, but the name of a refinery built in 1971. (It’s now, as of 2022, called the Alliance Terminal).

So I was wondering whether you’d ever tracked down Naomi, and if so, where it was/is located relative to Alliance.
This may help. They are less than 2 miles apart.

Thanks, @BayouBelle_LA and @carbuff !

2ish miles seems both ‘not that much’ and also a large gap; why the discrepancy?

I sort of idly wonder at what point Alliance became the reference; Naomi appears in early reports. Could be a interesting research project, but also not convinced it would add anything to our existing knowledge. Hm.

Perhaps one thing of interest derived from the maps above is that there is a (freight) railroad very close and parallel to Highway 23, and it’s been there since the early 20th century. From what I can tell from (current) maps, in between-ish Naomi and Alliance, the railroad splits away from 23 towards the river, and enters Alliance refinery property and ends there.

Thanks, @BayouBelle_LA and @carbuff !

2ish miles seems both ‘not that much’ and also a large gap; why the discrepancy?

I sort of idly wonder at what point Alliance became the reference; Naomi appears in early reports. Could be a interesting research project, but also not convinced it would add anything to our existing knowledge. Hm.

Perhaps one thing of interest derived from the maps above is that there is a (freight) railroad very close and parallel to Highway 23, and it’s been there since the early 20th century. From what I can tell from (current) maps, in between-ish Naomi and Alliance, the railroad splits away from 23 towards the river, and enters Alliance refinery property and ends there.

Interesting information about the extent of Hurricane Katrina damage in the Plaquemines Parish article on Wikipedia: Plaquemines Parish, Louisiana - Wikipedia

Assuming the article is correct, it appears that Naomi and Alliance aren't official designations. Belle Chasse (Belle Chasse, Louisiana - Wikipedia) is what they call a "census-designated place," which appears to just mean a place where people live. None of them are "incorporated." None of them appear to have official boundaries.

I read that Wikipedia article and something is amiss. There is no dictionary of the Atakapa language, either in the Smithsonian or the Library of Congress.
They never ranged that far south. The Pacana inhabited the lower potion of the East Bank, while outlying scouting bands of the Choctaw and the Tchoupitoulas (spelling varies there.) ranged mostly on the West Bank and some bands upriver from NOLA in the East Bank. Wildly inaccurate information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste