GUILTY LA - Denis, 71, & Suzy Duplantier, 70, murdered, Baton Rouge, 18 Oct 2015 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Y71EkP8.jpg

Ernesto Llerena Alonso, 42

Handyman arrested in Florida in strangling deaths of Baton Rouge couple whose bodies were found at Hammond truck stop
Advocate Staff Report
Oct. 21, 2015; 11:50 a.m.

Authorities flew to Miami, Florida, and arrested Ernesto Llerena Alonso, 42, in the deaths of Denis “Bubby” Duplantier, 71, and Suzanne “Suzy” Duplantier, 70, said Baton Rouge Police Chief Carl Dabadie.

After Alonso is returned to Louisiana, he will be booked with two counts of first-degree murder, two counts of second-degree kidnapping, unauthorized entry and possibly robbery, Dabadie said.

Lt. Jonathan Dunnan, a Baton Rouge police spokesman, said authorities do not know yet where the Duplantiers were killed and have no information on any other suspects.

Arrest made in murder of BR couple, second possible suspect sought
Posted: Oct 21, 2015 9:07 AM CST - Updated: Oct 21, 2015 12:11 PM CST
Posted by WAFB Staff

[...]
"Last night, investigators from the Baton Rouge Police Department, Hammond Police Department, Louisiana State Police and district attorney's office flew to Miami, Florida, with the assistance of the Hollywood, Florida Police Department and were able to arrest Ernesto Alonso around 8 a.m.," Baton Rouge Police Chief Carl Dabadie said.

"The white Chevy pickup truck was at the scene and has been recovered and is in the process of the investigation."

[..]
"He will face charges in Baton Rouge," District Attorney Hillar Moore said. "Obviously, with the nature of the charges, this will be a grand jury matter that will eventually be presented to the grand jury. These officers will continue to work the case, find out and develop any other information or any other leads and evidence that may come along and this matter will be presented to the grand jury in due course."

According to this article, the Duplantiers were beaten and blood was found in several rooms of the house.
"The warrant reports Alonso took the money from the safe. Police told the Associated Press, they believe the money has been located. . .Investigators appear to believe Alonso strangled the victims after getting access to the safe then brought their bodies to a truck stop in Hammond."

Also: "In news conferences and television interviews about the case, police have released marginal information but in the arrest warrant, wrote there was blood in multiple rooms of the home on Highland Road consistent with a physical confrontation. Detectives said they used video footage from the truck stop near I-12, witness statements, evidence in the truck Alonso was found driving and license plate readers to develop Alonso as a suspect."
"Police in Baton Rouge are still looking for one or two other people connected to this case."

Source:
http://www.wbrz.com/news/suspect-beat-the-duplantiers-license-plate-readers-used-to-track-accused-killer/

Updated to add: Bessie, your instincts were spot on.
"A landscaper who worked for a Baton Rouge couple and lived in a barn on their property was arrested Wednesday in Florida and accused of strangling them and then leaving their bodies at a Hammond gas station."

Source: http://theadvocate.com/news/opinion/13763184-31/handyman-arrested-in-florida-in

Wow Bessie you were right on with this case.. The suspect/murderer doesnt look like someone you would expect to be a killer. Looks can be deceiving that's for sure. Hope he gets prosecuted to the fullest.

I worry about cases like this. We are having alot of work done on the house right now and there will be many strangers entering the house and moving personal items.I always hide spare keys and check window locks and doors and bank or personal info.put in car.I never have work done when I am home alone.The companies will say Oh yes everyone has had a background check but I do not trust this. Only once did I have someone help me clean the house and I did not ask for the windows to be done and later I found the back first floor windows unlocked.It could have been an accident but you never know.Most humans are kind and never think that others could be evil but we here at WS know better.So sad for this loving couple.

This case makes me so angry. These lovely people trusted this man and he murdered them? WTH? Thank God he's no Einstein and I feel confident they'll have his accomplice(s) in custody soon. Idiots.

RIP Mr. and Mrs. Duplantier. May their family have swift justice.

I always tell folks that if at all possible do not let people you know very well into your home. If you need repairs find a local business that's been around awhile and has a good rep. Hiring folks any other way is a bit risky.

Sorry, meant to say folks you don't know very well. Anyway, cases like this are way too common.

I always tell folks that if at all possible do not let people you know very well into your home. If you need repairs find a local business that's been around awhile and has a good rep. Hiring folks any other way is a bit risky.

Best to hire licensed, insured, & bonded contractors. It's a tad safer that way.
Moo

I think he lived somewhere on the property.

I think he lived somewhere on the property.
He lived on property they owned about 1.5 miles from their home.

"In Baton Rouge, detectives said they found blood in multiple rooms of the Duplantiers' house at 5020 Highland Road that pointed to a fight inside the home.

Detectives also searched the property at 4950 Nicholson Drive, where Alonso lived in the upstairs apartment, and found items he may have used to kill the couple, but did not identify what those items were."
http://theadvocate.com/news/opinion/13763184-31/handyman-arrested-in-florida-in

Before I knew this, earlier today I was wondering if they had provided living quarters for him after I read that the couple owned several pieces of property. I'll bet they were generous with him, too. Here it says that he had free range of their home. That just makes it all the worse. If people are kind to you, and trust you, why would you do something so awful. And for what? Look where he is now. He must have harbored a lot of anger and resentment toward them, but that's on him. I doubt those people did anything to him to warrant those feelings. And regardless, they didn't deserve what was done to them.

"Alonso worked for the couple as a handyman, giving him free range of their home. Police believe there were no signs of forced entry because of his ability to move around the residence. Alonso was trusted enough that the Duplantiers allowed him to live on property they owned. Alonso's address is listed as 4950 Nicholson Drive."

http://www.wbrz.com/news/suspect-be...e-plate-readers-used-to-track-accused-killer/

I really thought there would be another arrest (or more) today. :(

Search fo possible accomplice still ongoing in investigation of the slayings of Baton Rouge couple

Search for possible accomplice still ongoing in murder of Baton Rouge couple; one suspect awaits extradition hearing
Nov. 2, 2015

Two weeks after the bodies of a slain Baton Rouge couple were discovered in the back seat of their pickup at a Hammond truck stop parking lot, authorities still haven’t been able to identify the man believed to have been an accomplice.

Ernesto Llerena Alonso, 42, of Baton Rouge, was arrested in Florida on Oct. 21 and is being held without bail while he awaits a Nov. 19 hearing in Fort Lauderdale on his extradition to Louisiana, where he’s wanted on two counts each of first-degree murder and second-degree kidnapping in the grisly slayings of Denis “Bubbie” Duplantier, 71, and Suzanne “Suzy” Duplantier, 70.

From last month:

http://www.ksla.com/story/30694483/second-suspect-in-duplantier-murder-returns-to-baton-rouge

The Baton Rouge Police Department reported Frank Garcia, 48, of Hollywood, Florida, has been booked into the East Baton Rouge Parish Prison. He is charged with two counts of first-degree murder and two counts of second-degree kidnapping...

His arrest warrant said investigators linked Garcia to the kidnapping and murders of Denis Duplantier, 71, and his wife, Suzanne, 70, after police say they found some of the stolen items at his Hollywood, Florida home.

Investigators also say they found a vehicle registered to Garcia and license plate trackers show the vehicle coming into Baton Rouge on October 17 and leaving the Capital City the next day, the time of the murders.

Pair accused of kidnapping, killing Baton Rouge couple indicted​
A grand jury has indicted the two men accused of being involved in the kidnapping and murder of a Baton Rouge couple on two counts each of first degree murder. District Attorney Hillar Moore says the death penalty is now on the table.

Ernesto Alonso, 42, and Frank Garcia, 48, are both charged with two counts of first-degree murder and two counts of second-degree kidnapping.

http://www.wafb.com/story/31120581/...ted-on-1st-degree-murder-charges?sf20337046=1

One trial, two juries for men accused of killing Baton Rouge couple

http://www.wafb.com/story/35122838/one-trial-two-juries-for-men-accused-of-killing-baton-rouge-couple

The criminal case against two men accused of kidnapping and killing a Baton Rouge couple took an interesting turn Tuesday morning.

The state of Louisiana decided to try both men with one trial, but two separate juries. The suspects have separate attorneys.

Ernesto Alonso, 42, and Frank Garcia, 48, both face two counts of first-degree murder and two counts of second-degree kidnapping.

Judge Trudy White has set a trial date for Nov. 27, 2017.

Alonso’s attorney, Dwight Doskey, said there will be separate opening and closing arguments. He also said state prosecutors decided to do the trial this way for efficiency reasons.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordanstar
Back