GUILTY LA - DS, 15, could be with Cory Shane Disotel, 47, Port Barre High School, 28 Mar 2019 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Family members keep saying she was in a relationship with the man. I think there's some dysfunction within this family. IMO

I always get distributed when words like 'relationship' and 'willingly' are used when referring to teens and adults.

Speculating -------> I'm thinking.....hoping at least they are using it in a way to differentiate between going 'peacefully' verses being physically forced to get in his car. And her hiding out with him, believing this is safe and healthy (not knowing better because he groomed her) versus actively trying to escape. <------speculating

*link modsnipped*

Download Poster
English

Date(s) of Birth Used April 29, 2003
Age 15 years old at the time of disappearance
Hair Light Brown
Eyes Blue/Hazel
Height 5'2" at the time of disappearance
Weight 105 pounds at the time of disappearance
Sex Female
Race White
Remarks:
DS may have changed her appearance to conceal her identity.

Details:
The Port Barre Police Department, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the United States Marshals Service, Louisiana State Police, and St. Landry Parish Sheriff's Office are working together to locate DS. DS may be traveling in a silver, 2003 Honda Civic.

Submit a Tip:
If you have any information regarding the whereabouts of DS, or if you have had contact with DS, please call 1-800-CALL FBI, 1-800-225-5324. You may also contact your local FBI field office, or the nearest American Embassy or Consulate.
Field Office: New Orleans

Submit an anonymous Tip online

Last edited by a moderator:
That's scary. She may not be willing to be gone long term. He knows his life is over.

You would have to guess that he was planning something but if the parents found out the walls were going to collapse VERY quickly.

RBBM

Yep, these "feelings of affection" will fade on her end eventually and that's when it will get dangerous (more dangerous). After all, he put a lot of time and effort in to getting her to this point :mad:. And like you said, his life is over, he won't take kindly to her wanting to go home or go anywhere without him. Even her expressing a small amount of doubt to him about their situation could set him off. IMO

In my opinion there is no such thing as a 15 yr old girl having a “relationship”with a grown man. He is a predator, plain and simple. She is a crime victim. It doesn’t matter if she thinks she is safe with him or if she trusts him. It sounds like he probably groomed her for years. No telling how young she was when this began.

I always get distributed when words like 'relationship' and 'willingly' are used when referring to teens and adults.

Speculating -------> I'm thinking.....hoping at least they are using it in a way to differentiate between going 'peacefully' verses being physically forced to get in his car. And her hiding out with him, believing this is safe and healthy (not knowing better because he groomed her) versus actively trying to escape. <------speculating

Exactly!!! It is an imbalance of power to have a manipulative, middle aged predator conning a teenager into thinking they can have a romance of some sort. She has no idea what she's doing, knows little about the real world, and likely is excited by fantasy but more scared and confused by reality, when it comes to some dirty old pervert putting his hands on her.

And it's not sexual relations either, or sexual intercourse. It's statutory rape, at least.

He is looking at up to 7 years for enticement of a child: 2006 Louisiana Laws - RS 14:81 — Indecent behavior with juveniles

And up to 10 years for felony carnal knowledge of a child: 2011 Louisiana Laws :: Revised Statutes :: TITLE 14 — Criminal law :: RS 14:80 — Felony carnal knowledge of a juvenile

As we've seen by the ET/Tad Cummins case, he can also be charged federally and face 15 years in federal prison. This case reminds me a lot of that one and I hope that happens.

Exactly!!! It is an imbalance of power to have a manipulative, middle aged predator conning a teenager into thinking they can have a romance of some sort. She has no idea what she's doing, knows little about the real world, and likely is excited by fantasy but more scared and confused by reality, when it comes to some dirty old pervert putting his hands on her.

And it's not sexual relations either, or sexual intercourse. It's statutory rape, at least.

He is looking at up to 7 years for enticement of a child: 2006 Louisiana Laws - RS 14:81 — Indecent behavior with juveniles

And up to 10 years for felony carnal knowledge of a child: 2011 Louisiana Laws :: Revised Statutes :: TITLE 14 — Criminal law :: RS 14:80 — Felony carnal knowledge of a juvenile

As we've seen by the ET/Tad Cummins case, he can also be charged federally and face 15 years in federal prison. This case reminds me a lot of that one and I hope that happens.

AND if they traveled across state lines we can add in my favorite - The Mann Act, good for an additional 30 years in prison.
18 U.S. Code § 2423.Transportation of minors

(b)TRAVEL WITH INTENT TO ENGAGE IN ILLICIT SEXUAL CONDUCT.—
A person who travels in interstate commerce or travels into the United States, or a United States citizen or an alien admitted for permanent residence in the United States who travels in foreign commerce, with a motivating purpose of engaging in any illicit sexual conduct with another person shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 30 years, or both.

Just saw this -- please forgive if it's a repeat --

Louisiana Girl, 15, May Have Run Away with 47-Year-Old Family Friend, as FBI Joins Search
DS has not been seen since last Thursday
By Chris Harris
April 02, 2019 11:58 AM

The FBI has joined the search for a 15-year-old Louisiana girl who may have run away with a 47-year-old man who has been called a friend of the teen’s family.
[...]
Port Barre police believe she may be on the run with Cory Shane Disotel. Both the teen and Disotel live in Port Barre.
The pair may be traveling in a silver 2003 Honda Civic.
Police say it is possible the girl may have taken measures to alter her appearance to conceal her identity.

Louisiana Girl, 15, May Have Run Away with 47-Year-Old Family Friend, as FBI Joins Search

OT: My sister's EX-husband did this exact thing before she married him. She found out AFTER they were married, and swiftly divorced him!

They didnt run away, but he was 32 and his babysitter was 15. She DID babysit his kids AND was friends with his then wife.

While she was babysitting he would come home and have sex with her.

Her family KNEW and did not care!

Eventually his wife found out and he left her. He then moved in together with the babysitter.

They were together for 3 years, until SHE fell in love with an OLDER man and moved out! She married that older man!

Her parents? They were just happy she was happy. Ugh!

He could have gone to prison for a long time, but no one said anything.

Oh and HIS family knew too, excused it as a father/daughter thing!

It happens more than you know.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LarryG