GUILTY LA - DS, 15, could be with Cory Shane Disotel, 47, Port Barre High School, 28 Mar 2019 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Knowing the FBI is involved makes me think he will eventually end up with a life sentence when found.
We'd like to believe so, but FBI being involved does not rachet up the sentencing, They get involved because in a missing minor they have forensic capabilities the locals do not. At the max, he would get 30 years under the Mann Act. More likely, if she is not physically harmed, outside of a sexual relationship, he will get 15-20 years for interference with custody of a minor.

We'd like to believe so, but FBI being involved does not rachet up the sentencing, They get involved because in a missing minor they have forensic capabilities the locals do not. At the max, he would get 30 years under the Mann Act. More likely, if she is not physically harmed, outside of a sexual relationship, he will get 15-20 years for interference with custody of a minor.
Kidnapping and multiple counts of statutory rape. A life sentence for a guy almost 50.

As someone mentioned before, I get worried about the idea of her deciding being on the run with this man wasn’t a good idea, and at that point he knows he’s lost everything and becomes desperate to basically save his own skin... hope they are found before this situation gets even worse than it is now.. yikes and ew.

Kidnapping and multiple counts of statutory rape. A life sentence for a guy almost 50.
Unfortunately, under federal and state law, kidnapping is commonly defined as the taking of a person from one place to another against their will, or the confinement of a person to a controlled space. If charged they will likely defend it as the victim consented to being moved or to accompanying the defendant; at which point they typically plead down to interference with custody and traveling across state lines for criminal sex. That’s typically a 20-year sentence, all Tad Cummins did for the same crimes. (I agree, I thought he should have gotten life for the way he groomed her then victimized here but legally it often doesn’t go that way.)

Last edited:
Ew, gross.
A teen girl having a crush on a grown man? Okay, whatever.
A grown man getting into a "relationship" with a 15-year-old girl? No, he knows better and he knows that's just plain WRONG. That poor girl. He's ugly anyways, yikes. And it's all around gross and wrong.

Just for the record, I wanted to know about the Age of Consent for Sex in Louisiana... (please excuse if this is a repeat) ...It's not as simple as some other states. To wit:

What Is the Age of Consent for Sex?
[...]
Age of Consent in Louisiana
[...]
In regards to the age difference, Louisiana is unique because it allows a larger age gap between younger minors than older minors. A person between the ages of 13 and 15 can consent to have sex with someone who is up to 3 years older than them, but a person between the ages of 15 and 17 may consent to sex only if the other person is 2 years older or less. For example, in terms of a 3 years age difference, a 13 year old can consent to sex with a person who is 16 years old, but a 15 year old may not consent to sex with a 18 year old.
----------------------------

https://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/louisiana-age-of-consent-lawyers.html
If you're like me, you may have to read it more than once(!)

Just for the record, I wanted to know about the Age of Consent for Sex in Louisiana... (please excuse if this is a repeat) ...It's not as simple as some other states. To wit:

[...]
[...]
In regards to the age difference, Louisiana is unique because it allows a larger age gap between younger minors than older minors. A person between the ages of 13 and 15 can consent to have sex with someone who is up to 3 years older than them, but a person between the ages of 15 and 17 may consent to sex only if the other person is 2 years older or less. For example, in terms of a 3 years age difference, a 13 year old can consent to sex with a person who is 16 years old, but a 15 year old may not consent to sex with a 18 year old.

Louisiana Age of Consent Lawyers | LegalMatch Law Library
Thank you for the information. I think this line is the key to DS's situation:

"However, a person 17 or older can consent to have sex with a person of any age." She is not 17.

I think the language of the rest of the law for minors is confusing in age range area based on the idea 13-15 is so different from 15-17, isn't 15 in both groups?

Last edited by a moderator:

[...]
[...]

Louisiana Age of Consent Lawyers | LegalMatch Law Library

Yep, that's the state where I grew up. Many states have strange laws with respect to consent and minors. In Virginia, where I am now, it is possible - not likely, but legally possible - in the case of two minors engaging in sex for BOTH to be charged with having sex with a minor. I always thought that was strange.

Thank you for the information. I think this line is the key to DS's situation:

"However, a person 17 or older can consent to have sex with a person of any age." She is not 17.

I think the language of the rest of the law for minors is confusing in age range area based on the idea 13-15 is so different from 15-17, isn't 15 in both groups?

It is confusing how it's worded. I think they were trying to say ages 13 and 14 can consent up to 3 years older, and ages 15 and 16 can consent up to two years older.

Or ages 13 to 14.99999 and ages 15 to 16.99999. They definitely could have been clearer for the middle and high schoolers that are reading it and wanting to get together. I still don't like the fact that it's okay for a 13 and 16 year old to get together though.

It is confusing how it's worded. I think they were trying to say ages 13 and 14 can consent up to 3 years older, and ages 15 and 16 can consent up to two years older.

Or ages 13 to 14.99999 and ages 15 to 16.99999. They definitely could have been clearer for the middle and high schoolers that are reading it and wanting to get together. I still don't like the fact that it's okay for a 13 and 16 year old to get together though.

bbm
Totally agree. I don't think a 13 y/o really knows what s/he is getting into. Plus, IMO, the 13 y/o may not even know what makes a female pregnant -- some 13 y/o's (male or female) are very young in social situations, and they may not have anyone who teaches them about biology, STS.

This is a true story -- I was in a large freshman biology class (about 200 students in an auditorium) at a fairly large university -- not high school freshmen, but college freshmen. The professor asked the students to raise their hands if they thought the only time a female (human being) could get pregnant was during her period. About 70 students raised their hands -- mostly boys, of course. Now that is the truth. I was there. Astounded. These people were at least 17 years old -- certainly most of us were 18+ years old. A good number of years ago, but there it was.
I wonder if this 13--16 y/o part of the law, along with the rest of it, was written a long time ago. It might have made a bit more sense in the 1700's when the area was becoming populous. JMO.

So glad she was found!!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LarryG