GUILTY LA - DS, 15, could be with Cory Shane Disotel, 47, Port Barre High School, 28 Mar 2019 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The Strangest True-Crime Story Yet

For anyone else who wasn't familiar. Holy CRAP!

Very incredible story. People can't understand how it happened but Mormon communities at that time were so sheltered and the people so trusting. And very private and uneducated when it came to sex.

I recall a book I read about a doctor called Doc Story who preyed on Mormon women and little girls in a Wyoming (I think) town. I believe Lovell? He was raping them as he examined them. But they kept going back to him even after they got married and realized what sex was and what he was doing to them.

They couldn't speak about it or accept it or acknowledge it. It was very bizarre and confusing.

Anyhow I don't see that that type of thing is the case here.

I don't see evidence that the parents allowed her to continue to be around this guy AFTER finding out he had no grandkids and there were inappropriate messages between them. Have I missed something?

Last edited:
Very incredible story. People can't understand how it happened but Mormon communities at that time were so sheltered and the people so trusting. And very private and uneducated when it came to sex.

I recall a book I read about a doctor called Doc Story who preyed on Mormon women and little girls in a Wyoming (I think) town. I believe Lovell? He was raping them as he examined them. But they kept going back to him even after they got married and realized what sex was and what he was doing to them.

They couldn't speak about it or accept it or acknowledge it. It was very bizarre and confusing.

Anyhow I don't see that that type of thing is the case here.

I don't see evidence that the parents allowed her to continue to be around this guy AFTER finding out he had no grandkids and there were inappropriate messages between them. Have I missed something?

Nope. Nada. Zero. Nyet. Nil. Big Fat Goose Egg.
Your brain and good sense are still working well & correctly!

We'll probably never understand this one. SMH.

Last edited:
It is confusing how it's worded. I think they were trying to say ages 13 and 14 can consent up to 3 years older, and ages 15 and 16 can consent up to two years older.

Or ages 13 to 14.99999 and ages 15 to 16.99999. They definitely could have been clearer for the middle and high schoolers that are reading it and wanting to get together. I still don't like the fact that it's okay for a 13 and 16 year old to get together though.

in CA 14 and under is immediate child molestation. 15-17 I believe can consent to 3 years older.

in CA 14 and under is immediate child molestation. 15-17 I believe can consent to 3 years older.

I would think that's how it should be as well. Unless a couple of crazy 13 and 14 year olds are "experimenting" together, then I don't think they should be able to consent to any age.

I also have to remember that I was in junior high, 8th grade at age 14 and my peers were definitely sexually active at that time with other 8th and 9th grade junior high students and maybe even high schoolers.
That's the main reason I like the staggered age of consent laws. Of course a 14 and 15 year old shouldn't be having sex, but their punishment if any should not be the same as that of a 14 and 30 year old.

Hopefully, this girl doesn't resent her parents for reporting her missing, and eventually understands that the whole "relationship" was not appropriate at all. These things can be really hard for a young teen to understand, to her it probably felt "normal".

Hopefully, this girl doesn't resent her parents for reporting her missing, and eventually understands that the whole "relationship" was not appropriate at all. These things can be really hard for a young teen to understand, to her it probably felt "normal".
Agree.
It could be, too, as we've seen in similar cases, that this ~man~ told her how much he loved her, perhaps bought her things, told her she was special -- not in a sexual way, at the time, etc., etc. Maybe she was one who especially craved attention and more love than the "average" child, and he said and did those things until he pulled the wool over her eyes, etc., etc.
It has worked on other young ones. SMH.

Louisiana man arrested after transporting a minor out of state for sex

LAFAYETTE, La. (Press Release) – (1/10/20) United States Attorney David C. Joseph announced that Cory Shane Disotell, 48, of Port Barre, Louisiana, was sentenced today by U.S. District Judge Robert R. Summerhays to serve 262 months in federal prison, followed by lifetime supervised release, for transporting a minor with the intent to engage in criminal sexual activity.

Disotell is required to register as a sex offender after he is released from prison. As a result of Disotell’s guilty plea on October 11, 2019, Judge Summerhays also ordered forfeiture of the Braztech S41118 .410 caliber shogun which was seized from Disotell at the time of his arrest in Durango, Colorado.

Disotell devised a plan to coerce a 15-year old Port Barre minor to leave school and run away with him. On March 28, 2019, the defendant traveled to the school where the minor was a student and convinced the child to leave with him.

He then transported her to Mississippi, and thereafter to Durango, Colorado, where he was apprehended after an extensive nationwide manhunt.

At the time of his arrest, the defendant admitted he took the child from Port Barre, Louisiana, to Mississippi, and ultimately to Durango, Colorado, engaging in sexual acts along the way.

California, along with Idaho and Wisconsin have the most strict statutory laws. In those states, two 17 year olds who have sex are both guilty of statutory rape. In most states, the age of consent is 16 but in Louisiana it's 17.

In 34 states, they could have just waited until she was 16 and been legally clear if they followed certain limitations that vary state by state. Once an adult transports a minor across state lines (or entices them to cross state lines) for sexual purposes they're in violation of federal law though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734
Back