Recovered/Located LA - Erin, 4 (deceased) & JB, 6, (safe) mother Callie Brunett killed & children missing, missing 2012 black Chrysler 200, Loranger, 13 Jun 2024

I live two parishes over from where Callie lived. I was taking my 8 year old daughter into Baton Rouge for an appointment when the Amber Alert came on the radio. I had already heard about what had happened hours earlier (ugh) so I was able to kind of explain to her what was going on. The alert itself scared her. For that entire day, my baby kept asking me questions about what happened. "What do you think was the last thing their mama thought about?" That about took my breath away. Later, my son had made the comment that one of the daughters did not survive and it affected her so badly the rest of the day.

So tragic and close to home. Still thinking about them daily.

I live two parishes over from where Callie lived. I was taking my 8 year old daughter into Baton Rouge for an appointment when the Amber Alert came on the radio. I had already heard about what had happened hours earlier (ugh) so I was able to kind of explain to her what was going on. The alert itself scared her. For that entire day, my baby kept asking me questions about what happened. "What do you think was the last thing their mama thought about?" That about took my breath away. Later, my son had made the comment that one of the daughters did not survive and it affected her so badly the rest of the day.

wow... those thoughts do embed in little minds...
hopefully you can find a way to bring it up as to her feelings part of it....
Though that has to be harder than hell given the real story....

NEW ORLEANS (WVUE) - Following a series of shocking crimes, the community of Loranger is preparing to lay a mother and her little daughter to rest.

Funeral services for 35-year old Callie Brunett and 4-year-old daughter, Erin Brunett, will be held Thursday afternoon.
Loranger community prepares for funeral services of Callie Brunett, daughter

Callie Jo Brunett, of Loranger, Louisiana, passed away on Wednesday, June 12, 2024, at the age of 35. Callie Jo graduated from Loranger High School and was a member of the Flag Team. She also attended Hammond Technical School for barbering and medical technology. Callie Jo loved being a country girl, going to Old Farmer's Day, and being in Loranger. She was a loving daughter, sister, and aunt, but she loved being a mom most of all. Callie Jo and her daughters were a couple of peas in a pod. Her daughters looked up to her and loved her so much.

Callie Jo is survived by her daughter, JB, parents, Debbie and Tommy Brunett, grandmothers, Billie Jean Smith and Barbara Brunett, siblings, Brandi Hosch (Josh Michelli) and Jason Vernon (Dawanda Harper), nieces, Emori Hosch and Karleigh Greer, and numerous aunts, uncles, and cousins.

She was preceded in death by her daughter, Erin Brunett, grandfathers, Gerald Brunett and Norwood Smith, and nephew, Zeke Vernon.

Family and friends will be received at Harry McKneely & Son Funeral Home, 2000 N. Morrison Blvd, Hammond, Louisiana 70401 on Thursday, June 20, 2024 from 11:30 am until 1:30 pm.

A Funeral Service will be held at on Thursday at 1:30 pm, with Bro. Karl Klaus officiating.

Interment will be held privately.

Contributions may be made to help support JB and the Brunett family at [redacted link]

Arrangements have been entrusted to Harry McKneely & Son Funeral Home and Crematory of Hammond and Ponchatoula. An on-line guest book is available at www.harrymckneely.com.
Callie Jo Brunett Obituary 2024 - Harry McKneely & Son

Last edited by a moderator:
Daniel Callihan and Victoria Cox are accused of murdering Callie Brunett and her daughter Erin, as well as kidnapping Brunett's other daughter JB. <mod note - initials only for surviving chlid>

Callihan was indicted on two counts first degree murder, one count aggravated kidnapping, and one count second-degree kidnapping.

Cox was indicted on one count of first degree murder, one count of aggravated kidnapping, one count second degree kidnapping, and one count accessory after the fact of first-degree murder.
Man, woman accused of killing Loranger mother, kidnaping children indicted on murder charges

Obituaries for children are always heartbreaking, and this one is no exception.

"Erin was a little fireball for her young age. She could be a little spicy at times and always had a sassy comeback for anyone trying to tease her. Erin was so sweet and full of life, just starting to become her own person. She had a very special bond with her sissy, JB, and always wanted to do everything her big sister was doing. Erin loved and looked up to her mother, and also had a beloved stuffed elephant that never left her side named Ellie."

People who hurt children are the sickest of the sick. I hope these two stay behind bars forever.

Man Confesses to Killing Mother, Toddler

Authorities arrested 36-year-old Daniel Callihan on charges of murder and sexual assault in the slayings of a Louisiana mother and her 3-year-old. Tangipahoa Parish Sheriff's Office

Records from Louisiana State Police have shown that it took three hours for the AMBER Alert to be issued after Erin and JB were reported missing. The AMBER Alert had been requested by Sheriff Daniel Edwards, according to a report from WDSU News.

<mod note - initials only for surviving child>

Obituaries for children are always heartbreaking, and this one is no exception.

"Erin was a little fireball for her young age. She could be a little spicy at times and always had a sassy comeback for anyone trying to tease her. Erin was so sweet and full of life, just starting to become her own person. She had a very special bond with her sissy, JB, and always wanted to do everything her big sister was doing. Erin loved and looked up to her mother, and also had a beloved stuffed elephant that never left her side named Ellie."

People who hurt children are the sickest of the sick. I hope these two stay behind bars forever.

Oh man, that tears me up. You know this spunky little girl was beloved. Condolences to her family, especially her sister.

:(

The Jackson police chief said there was evidence of possible human trafficking at the location on Boozier Drive, including small animal cages. Wade said Jackson police have contacted the Human Trafficking Divisions of the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation (MBI) and Hinds County to assess the scene. He also said the crime scene in Jackson was processed for three days.

Wade said he did not believe Callihan was the father of the two children.

A funeral was held for Callie and Erin Brunett in Louisiana on Thursday, June 20.

"We're still trying to determine her exact role," Wade said. "She will be held accountable for her actions and her role in this horrific event that happened that spanned from Tangipahoa to South Jackson."

It is unclear whether Callihan will be extradited back to Louisiana due to Jackson police uncovering a possible human trafficking site, as well as the separate homicide investigation in Mississippi.

The FBI is now leading the investigation. FBI agents returned to the scene Friday where the child's body was found
1719071810461.jpeg

Following the indictments, Perrilloux said he hopes to have Callihan in Tangipahoa Parish for arraignment in the near future but admitted “I can’t tell you when.”

“I would like to get him back here as soon as possible, but he is located in another state right now,” Perrilloux said, adding that an extradition process will have to be followed.

He said Tangipahoa Parish, Jackson and the FBI have all claimed jurisdiction and a desire to prosecute the defendants, but Perrilloux, in an interview with the Daily Star on Monday, said he does not believe it is a federal case.

“I have heard some reference to federal charges,” Perrilloux said Monday. “I don’t know what they intend to do, but that does not preclude our office from moving forward as well.”

On Thursday, speaking while funeral services were being held for Callie and Erin Brunett in Hammond, Perrilloux said he has spoken to the office of the U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District Duane Evans and Jackson District Attorney Jody Owens II and is hopeful “everyone will get to the table and have a seat at the table and work things out for what’s best for a just result.”

“That’s my hope that it will happen,” he said. “The various agencies who have a role or believe they have a role in this, hopefully we can discuss it and move this matter (forward) as efficiently as we can. I think that’s most important for the community.”

Perrilloux credited Evans’ office for being “gracious” in their discussion and his willingness to work with the DA. But Perrilloux added the caveat that he is uncertain if the feds “will take a second position. I won’t speak for him.”

When asked if he thought Jackson might lead the prosecution efforts, Perrilloux quickly responded, “Not if I can help it. And I think it should be that way.”

He conceded Mississippi could try it first but is hopeful a turf battle does not develop.

“I would hope it would be handled professionally, and the end result is what’s in the best interest of this prosecution for the family and the community,” he said. “Hopefully it can work out.”

IMO, whichever (State) case has the strongest evidence and can charge the most stringent sentence - needs to go first. The Feds need to step out of the way. No need to start a turf war, there is plenty to go around - not even taking into account the potential trafficking charges.

I'll caveat the above - unless the Feds can combine the cases/charges, whereas the States cannot, which would be much easier on the family. Not sure if I'm correct, but I think time in a federal prison is more desirable than State. If that's true, I don't want that for either of the monsters.

I keep thinking about this post, and your child’s heartbreaking insight into the pain these senseless murders bring.

I know you are hugging her, and your son, a little tighter in the aftermath. Sending a virtual hug to you, as well.

When asked if he killed the little girl, he simply said, “I did,” and added, “I have no reason for what I did.”

Callahan is expected to be brought back to Louisiana soon to face charges related to the murders. This case presents a legal dilemma: where will Callahan first go on trial, given that the alleged crimes occurred in two states?

“It becomes a tug of war. A civil tug of war between prosecutors in Tangipahoa and Jackson, Mississippi, and the State and the U.S Attorney’s office,” explained former Federal Prosecutor Harry Rosenberg.

In such cases, prosecutors typically meet to decide which jurisdiction will handle the first trial. So far, it appears the first trial will take place in Tangipahoa.

“Based on the Tangipahoa Grand Jury indictment, it won’t take long for a State Grand Jury in Jackson to issue a similar indictment for Callahan and Cox,” said Rosenberg.

Victoria Cox, believed to be Callahan’s accomplice, has also been arrested and charged.

Rosenberg also discussed potential federal charges, citing the Mann Act, which involves transporting individuals across state lines, and the Violent Crimes Against Children Act, which dates back to 1930.

June 24, 2024
He claims Borderline Multiple Personality Disorder.

There is "Borderline Personality Disorder"

and there is "Dissociative Identity Disorder" which used to be called Multiple Personality Disorder

but I don't think there's an official "Borderline Multiple Personality Disorder".

In any event, these claims, if true, appear to throw a twist in to this case.

Last edited:
He claims Borderline Multiple Personality Disorder.

There is "Borderline Personality Disorder"

and there is "Dissociative Identity Disorder" which used to be called Multiple Personality Disorder

but I don't think there's an official "Borderline Multiple Personality Disorder".

In any event, these claims, if true, appear to throw a twist in to this case.
I'm calling BS.

And I'm doing it as someone who actually has a dissociative disorder.

MOO

I'm calling BS.

And I'm doing it as someone who actually has a dissociative disorder.

MOO
I would have called it the same, since it's usually unheard of for those with those disorders to blame their violent acts on the disorder. And those who do, are almost always lying through their teeth, have never been diagnosed with it, and are just playing the victim.

jmo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ax445