LA LA - Eugenie Boisfontaine, 34, Baton Rouge, 13 June 1997 - "Killing Fields"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

I was just coming to post this very thing!! I haven't decided yet exactly what I feel about him in relation to the Boisfontaine case, but IMO he could very well have been responsible, despite the presence of the DNA that excludes him. There are just so many similarities to several of the other cases. Two of Lee's other victims lived on the same street, he is known to have placed some of his victims in bayous/swamps, their purses were often missing from their homes (I'm thinking of Eugenie's credit cards, etc here), he didn't always leave DNA behind. Many aspects of her case fit, for me.

I was just coming to post this very thing!! I haven't decided yet exactly what I feel about him in relation to the Boisfontaine case, but IMO he could very well have been responsible, despite the presence of the DNA that excludes him. There are just so many similarities to several of the other cases. Two of Lee's other victims lived on the same street, he is known to have placed some of his victims in bayous/swamps, their purses were often missing from their homes (I'm thinking of Eugenie's credit cards, etc here), he didn't always leave DNA behind. Many aspects of her case fit, for me.

I was gonna post it too lol
I also wonder if he was there for the same reasons and wonder if he knows Robert.

I also wonder if her close friend that passed from cancer gave a statement to LE back then after what the daughter said and if not why

wow! Thanks for this info, I'm anxious to see if they ever find Robert and I hope her friend said something about Robert. But I'm very suspicious of the landscaper who denied ever going to her house more than once.

wow! Thanks for this info, I'm anxious to see if they ever find Robert and I hope her friend said something about Robert. But I'm very suspicious of the landscaper who denied ever going to her house more than once.

Agreed, especially after he slipped in his interview and said something about where they "always" parked the vehicle. "Always" definitely implies more than once.

I'm wondering if the name "Robert" was even the real name of the guy she supposedly had a date with the night Eugenie went missing. Could she have made it up because she didn't want her to know his real name for whatever reason?

I'm wondering if the name "Robert" was even the real name of the guy she supposedly had a date with the night Eugenie went missing. Could she have made it up because she didn't want her to know his real name for whatever reason?

I think in the episode (#3) that aired this week, we got a glimpse of Robert's full name. I didn't get a chance to re-watch yet, but I think it was Robert Allen Barber [sp?], which is still a fairly common name.

On a different note, in addition to Derrick Todd Lee there was another serial killer active in that area around the same time of Eugenie's murder - Sean Vincent Gillis - I wonder if he has been excluded yet?

I think in the episode (#3) that aired this week, we got a glimpse of Robert's full name. I didn't get a chance to re-watch yet, but I think it was Robert Allen Barber [sp?], which is still a fairly common name.

On a different note, in addition to Derrick Todd Lee there was another serial killer active in that area around the same time of Eugenie's murder - Sean Vincent Gillis - I wonder if he has been excluded yet?
That was the name, but it's not clear yet whether he is the Robert.

I was thinking about Gillis the other night, too. I'm sure by now DNA has ruled him out, though as I recall, he never was considered a strong suspect in Eugenie's murder. I believe all but one of his known victims was mutilated or dismembered. On the other hand, Eugenie's murder fits better in his timeline than DTL's, though it's close. And at least one or two of Gillis's victims was found in Iberville Parish, which would've been near the same time Eugenie's body was discovered.

I don't know why she would have lied about a first name. What has crossed my mind, though, is the possibility that "Robert" lied to Eugenie about his name.

I wonder when you willingly give DNA is it discarded after you are ruled out? Anyone know?

I don't know off hand about other states. Laws vary and are undergoing constant changes. In Louisiana, however, DNA profiles from non-offeners, arrestees and convicted felons, is stored indefinitely.

Speaking of which, the nation's largest DNA dragnet was in Louisiana around 2002-2003 during the search for the Baton Rouge serial killer.

I love this show! There is such a great connection with Sanchez and St. Angelo and they are both so passionate about finding the killer. When St. Angelo starts to question people and asks them if he makes them nervous it makes me think if that was me and he asked me if he made me nervous my answer would be Heck Yes! That is the sexiest cop I have ever seen in my life. As for Sanchez he seems to be such a good hearted man who is about as down to earth as they come. Made me laugh when he said he was 61 years old and has never eaten a piece of fruit. LOL
I'm a fan, myself. ;)

I would hope that if there was a match in their database for the dna found on her they would have already made that connection..and I'm sure they have Sean Gillis's dna.in their system. But then I read news stories like this and it makes you wonder.... http://www.wbrz.com/news/investigative-unit-hundreds-of-cases-remain-open-despite-dna-match/

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the article.

The following agencies in our area have open DNA cases that the State Police Crime Lab submitted positive DNA matches and evidence to:

Albany PD
Ascension PSO
Baker PD
Clinton PD
Denham Springs PD
E. Feliciana PSO
EBRSO
Gonzales PD
Iberville PD
Livingston PCO
Livingston PD
Livingston PSO
New Roads PD
Plaquemine PD
Pointe Coupee PSO
Port Allen PD
Port Vincent PD
Sorrento PD
St. James PSO
State Fire Marshal
W. Feliciana PSO
Walker PD
WBRSO
White Castle PD
Zachary PD

I don't know off hand about other states. Laws vary and are undergoing constant changes. In Louisiana, however, DNA profiles from non-offeners, arrestees and convicted felons, is stored indefinitely.

Speaking of which, the nation's largest DNA dragnet was in Louisiana around 2002-2003 during the search for the Baton Rouge serial killer.

I'm a fan, myself. ;)

I wonder if any questioned what happens with the DNA. I'm sure most do not think about it, but I personally don't think I want mine stored in one.

is it wrong for me to be looking forward to the next episode of the show tomorrow night? lol

Seriously though. I know that there are only 3 more episodes of the show...you would think if the show found out any new details about the case it would be in our local news already (I live in Baton Rouge). I do hope that it brings some new leads to light.

for the first time ever i heard my great great aunts name pronounced correctly. i remember online in various forums we had Eugenie's thread and we had absolutely nothing. to see this case now unfold all i can say is wow, and i just know w the double dna profile, they will catch the person. the guy at the alligator bar his body language was off the charts, and the river, at his frkn backdoor. he freaked me out. i will continue to tune in, as i will never forget when she went missing and her photos and various threads to try to write out all that we could uncover! kudos to Aubry n Det...good luck. xoxo

Was anyone else bothered by the comment from the guy who owned the landscaping company that when he was talking to her, "... she was wearing a man's shirt and no underwear." Also, that she appeared to be "teasing" his employee by standing in a window looking out at him.

All we've heard so far was she was a very prim and proper young lady, but this doesn't sound prim and proper.

Was anyone else bothered by the comment from the guy who owned the landscaping company that when he was talking to her, "... she was wearing a man's shirt and no underwear." Also, that she appeared to be "teasing" his employee by standing in a window looking out at him.

All we've heard so far was she was a very prim and proper young lady, but this doesn't sound prim and proper.

It also makes me wonder who's shirt she was wearing and if a guy was there with her. Wasn't it the same day she went missing?

Not sure if the same day but certainly close to it. Just sounds odd and I was a little surprised that didn't raise the eyebrows of the detectives. In my (ahem) experience, a young lady is usually wearing nothing but a man's shirt when she is in bed naked and gets up, putting on his shirt as it covers her -- sort of.

As you wondered (I did too), was she alone??

Saw last night's episode 4. So the Robert in question is dead and cremated.Anxious to see if the DNA they took from his mom and sister matches. Looks like they're zeroing in on her ex husband now. So sad to hear the cancer appears to have returned in Sanchez's other kidney. From what I read I think there's only 2 more episodes.

Saw last night's episode 4. So the Robert in question is dead and cremated.Anxious to see if the DNA they took from his mom and sister matches. Looks like they're zeroing in on her ex husband now. So sad to hear the cancer appears to have returned in Sanchez's other kidney. From what I read I think there's only 2 more episodes.

I know!! I love Rodie. If there are only 2 more episodes, I have a feeling Robert's DNA will end up being a match!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie
Back