LA LA - Eugenie Boisfontaine, 34, Baton Rouge, 13 June 1997 - "Killing Fields"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From what I understand, she has a very quickie marriage and divorce so I suspect her ex had nothing to do with it, but we shall see.

Just finished watching last night's episode with DH. This series has us transfixed. Just love Rodie and Aubrey. We're also praying for Rodie's health. We can't wait for the DNA from Robert's family members.

It also makes me wonder who's shirt she was wearing and if a guy was there with her. Wasn't it the same day she went missing?

Be careful not to take witness' words as the actual truth - could be hearsay or a mistaken memory since this did take place 18 years ago.

I spotted this comment by one of Eugenie's friend on the Killing Fields Facebook page last week and she was not happy with Eugenie's portrayal:

Posted on FB 20 January at 12:44
Things are not always as they seem. Eugenie was my sorority sister and friend. We do not like the way Eugenie is being portrayed....Her death hit us hard but we are hoping this show will bring some closure...

link to post with a photo - http://tinyurl.com/hp95dgx

I didn't put much stock in what that white haired guy said: seems like a blow hard to me. (The one who said her privates were sticking out of a man's shirt)

Hi All, I'm pretty new to websleuths... read many threads as a guest but never joined. I am also intrigued by the series and hope the case does get solved. If you're interested, on my blog I have a post with 2 archived articles from The Advocate, Baton Rouge's biggest newspaper from July 1997 when Eugenie was still missing and Aug 1997 when her remains were identified. It is interesting, according to the articles, Eugenie had suffered from "severe paranoia" and had received treatment for it in the past. Thnx

http://www.darksleuth.com/2016/01/killing-fields-eugenie-boisfontaine.html

Great show, very compelling case. On the most recent episode when the detectives spoke to Robert bean's sisters, they very briefly stated he had moved to alabama prior to his death. It would be interesting to know when he moved. What year. 1997?
I have a feeling Bean will fit one of the DNA profiles. I also think there is a chance that prior to arguing with her husband, or during, the victim had sex, consensual prior to the argument or forced during the argument, and that the ex-husband will be a second DNA profile found on her undergarment. Problem from there- who actually murdered her?
Edited to add: regarding the flyer being removed from the utility pole- I, as others have mentioned, think utilizing a game camera focused on the pole would give opt surveillance coverage.
Also, from what they showed the area is on a street with huge houses. I wonder if any had a view of the pole? The third floor of a large home probably has a great view of the area. Did they speak with homeowners to see if anyone noticed someone removing a flyer?
I would think someone who lived near the pole, would be familiar with what was on the flyer. If I saw someone removing a missing person flyer, I would remember it because my first thought would be that they solved the case.

Also: Anyone know how long it had been since the victim's divorce and how long since she moved into the Stanford house? Other males who came into contact with her could be whomever helped move furniture, etc into the Stanford house. Did she hire a moving company? If so, movers were probably male and knew she was a single woman based on her possessions as well as knowing exactly how her home was laid out. If not a moving company, did male friends/acquaintances help her move. If so, I'd want to know who those men were. A single female doesn't move into a new house without assistance, which would more than likely be male.

Hi Everyone,
Last night I posted a link to my blog & discussed 2 articles I found in The Advocate archives from July & Aug 1997 regarding Eugenie. Sorry! I didn't realize until today that I had embedded the articles incorrectly & people couldn't read them.
Problem fixed! Follow link to read them in their entirety:

http://www.darksleuth.com/2016/01/killing-fields-eugenie-boisfontaine.html

Both articles mention that Eugenie suffered from "severe paranoia" and had received treatment for it in the past.

I think that first news article has an slight error in it, as I believe the private investigator the family hired found her keys a few days later.

But that may be neither here nor there.

On The Killing Fields Fb page, they say cameras are still rolling for this season and they are still making discoveries.

I think that first news article has an slight error in it, as I believe the private investigator the family hired found her keys a few days later.

But that may be neither here nor there.

Hi, thnx. I also get the feeling from the 1st article that there wasn't much effort or seriousness put into investigating Eugenie's disappearance. I would love to have seen the private investigator(s) featured on Killing Fields... just to see what they may have been able to dig up during their time investigating.
thnx again

From what I have heard, her family was not happy at the time with the investigation and her sister was instrumental in getting her case looked at; her sister died recently.

They mentioned on the show that back then the parish had little money and resources... Obviouzly the dna was mishandled since they had the original clippings to run the DNA this time.

That's not to say Roadie screwed up or anything: sounds like they were strapped for cash and they have mentioned that Discovery has been very helpful for instance in geting DNA expedited this time around...

From what I have heard, her family was not happy at the time with the investigation and her sister was instrumental in getting her case looked at; her sister died recently.

They mentioned on the show that back then the parish had little money and resources... Obviouzly the dna was mishandled since they had the original clippings to run the DNA this time.

That's not to say Roadie screwed up or anything: sounds like they were strapped for cash and they have mentioned that Discovery has been very helpful for instance in geting DNA expedited this time around...

Thnx for all the info on the family and the investigation. I'm really sorry to hear of her sister's passing, especially in light of her sister being so instrumental in reopening the case.

It sounds like when Eugenie went missing in Baton Rouge, that the cops in BR didn't take it as seriously as her family did. Then she was discovered in Iberville, and sadly, like you said, the parish had little resources.

It just reminds me of so many other cases, like on Cold Justice, where you have cops who really wanting to solve cases but are strapped for resources. Never mind the existing DNA backlogs all over the country. Scary.

Its been hard to read replies but not be able to participate because my Mac keyboard went bad. I'm waiting on a new one to come. I got a replacement blackberry that's also bad; so add that too.

I do wonder if her friend that passed from cancer was not interviewed back then because it sounded like they never heard the Robert info until the daughter told Rodie. It made no sense to me because Rodie said this was his case back then. He said they did a lot of work trying to find her killer.

I think Eugenie had sex with her ex-husband and that he lawyered up because he knows he had sex with her. She then met up with Robert at the Alligator Bar where she was raped by him and another guy. I think the bar owner is guilty of something but I'm not sure what besides he knows she was there and not sure if he participated. I don't understand why they took everyone down to the station to question except him. They also didn't ask him for a DNA sample. I doubt he would have given one

There have been a few TV show producers looking for cold cases that have made their way into MP FB groups. I wonder if her sister saw one of the posts on FB and contacted them with her sisters info.

Someone on facebook (so consider the source) said the bar owner is a super nice guy who is deeply involved with animal rescue and that he came across not at all how he is in real life.

But.... Consider the source...

Someone here also posted about how he is suing the parish because of wetlands issues that he said ruined his business, so he may be someone who is distrustful of government representatives, such as sheriff officers...

Someone on facebook (so consider the source) said the bar owner is a super nice guy who is deeply involved with animal rescue and that he came across not at all how he is in real life.

But.... Consider the source...

Someone here also posted about how he is suing the parish because of wetlands issues that he said ruined his business, so he may be someone who is distrustful of government representatives, such as sheriff officers...

Are you talking about this link? Its Alligator Bayou Tours

Dispute over “natural” forces closure of business March 2, 2010

Its been hard to read replies but not be able to participate because my Mac keyboard went bad. I'm waiting on a new one to come. I got a replacement blackberry that's also bad; so add that too.

I do wonder if her friend that passed from cancer was not interviewed back then because it sounded like they never heard the Robert info until the daughter told Rodie. It made no sense to me because Rodie said this was his case back then. He said they did a lot of work trying to find her killer.

I think Eugenie had sex with her ex-husband and that he lawyered up because he knows he had sex with her. She then met up with Robert at the Alligator Bar where she was raped by him and another guy. I think the bar owner is guilty of something but I'm not sure what besides he knows she was there and not sure if he participated. I don't understand why they took everyone down to the station to question except him. They also didn't ask him for a DNA sample. I doubt he would have given one

There have been a few TV show producers looking for cold cases that have made their way into MP FB groups. I wonder if her sister saw one of the posts on FB and contacted them with her sisters info.
I can barely stand being without my keyboard between when the batteries go dead and I am able to get new ones out of the refrigerator. I can think of few things worse.

Personally I just don't see the bar owner as being suspicious, especially after all the research and reading I did regarding who he is/was. His main source of income and interest has not ever been the bar, it was the Bayou Tours. He ran both with a partner. And, I have seen nothing to indicate that he had anything against women, or that he would be inclined to attack them.

Anyhow, looking forward to tonight, and its good to hear there are another 6 episodes coming. It really is a great series.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back