LA - Hope Thibodaux for obstruction in 2yo son's rape, Sun, 2010

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
well we still are fighting for our grandson,his bio mom has gotten charged with obstruction of justice and james blackwell the suspect is still running free in washington parish,unreal its disgusting this whole case .CHILDREN R SUPPOSE TO BE PROTECTED BY THE LAW,WHATS WRONG WITH SOCIETY,i will say anything an everything to let the world and washington parish know who this sick person walking the streets,10/06/1968 james blackwell ,hope ur enjoying ur freedom u have messed up an innocent lil boys life,i will make sure justice does serve this now 4 yr old boy:furious::banghead:

I'm sharing this like mad on my networking sites, and contacting anyone I know who can put some weight behind this. I really would like to see more media get behind this story.

can u plz let me know what sites ur putting this on,how can u prosacute 1 an let the other go

can u plz let me know what sites ur putting this on,how can u prosacute 1 an let the other go

there seems to be a person of interest. In the video interview at the link, the innuendo is that the person has a connection to le. Parrish to parish le communication seems to leave alot to be desired or is the problem with washington le alone? Idk how this grandfather has stopped himself from seeking justice another way, it's been 6 months and this toddler will live with this the rest of his life.

Sure hope our louisiana wsers help kick up a stir on this. There is a baby rapist living his life with no problem under the eyes of le.

people wonder y their is so much violence cause u cant trust the law

I cannot even begin to imagine how hard it is not to take the law into your own hands Calvin. All I can do is remind you that you and the Mrs. are all these kids have now. Hang in there.

It IS unfair, the rights of the accused always seem to be of more importance to the justice system that the right of the victim.

The member you are asking about spreading the word on her networking sites has not been at WS recently. I believe she was sharing the story on facebook, twitter and some other social network sites but do not know that for sure.

trust us its hard not to it seems to go two steps forward and 100 back we are trying to keep our heads up but i tell u it hard

Calvin, why was the mother charged with obstruction?

Nevermind. I found the answer.

Mother Indicted in Rape Case
December 9, 2012
By Marcelle Hanemann THE DAILY NEWS

The crime occurred in Washington Parish, said Washington Parish Sheriff’s Office Captain of Criminal Investigations Tommie Sorrell, who investigated the case that went before the grand jury on Nov. 29.

“I have never seen such disgust in the eyes of the men and women on a grand jury, nor have I ever witnessed such a quick indictment,” she said. “I know the actions of Hope Thibodaux obstructed this investigation and resulted in a child rapist going free.
“Hope would not allow the physician at Children's Hospital to conduct a particular examination, which would have provided evidence of sexual abuse.

According to Sorrell, “Hope had quite a few stories” about what had happened.
“Her original version was nothing was wrong with her son other than a diaper rash,” she said. “She denied seeing any trauma, which six other people clearly indicate witnessing, on the child's rectum.”

“Hope gave a false name of a subject named ‘Tommy’ who had been around the child,” Sorrell said. “She refused to tell who the child had been left with.”
http://www.gobogalusa.com/news/article_787b2e7c-40c4-11e2-91fa-001a4bcf887a.html

More at the link.

Keep the faith, Calvin. It sounds like this investigator means business. Justice is coming.

“I will continue to search for answers for this family,” she said. “This type of crime does not only occur once. There is little doubt that there are more victims out there, or God forbid, that there will be another victim.”

we now have Bikers Against Child Abuse involved in our family they took our case Thank God,ive never heard of this organization before an it is GREAT,i thank u so much for reading our story its so fustrationing to go through this,these guys have more rights than the kids they hurt.the pain in our hearts is terrible and i think it gets worse as time goes on.poor lil man has only us to vent to and its depression:banghead:

http://bacaworld.org/

Wow, Mr. Calvin...I think I'd like BACA in my corner, too!

BACA Mission Statement

Bikers Against Child Abuse (BACA) exists with the intent to create a safer environment for abused children. We exist as a body of Bikers to empower children to not feel afraid of the world in which they live. We stand ready to lend support to our wounded friends by involving them with an established, united organization. We work in conjunction with local and state officials who are already in place to protect children. We desire to send a clear message to all involved with the abused child that this child is part of our organization, and that we are prepared to lend our physical and emotional support to them by affiliation, and our physical presence. We stand at the ready to shield these children from further abuse. We do not condone the use of violence or physical force in any manner, however, if circumstances arise such that we are the only obstacle preventing a child from further abuse, we stand ready to be that obstacle.

I so agree with tlcya...HANG IN THERE!
There truly are people who care! :seeya:

“Before the (sheriff’s) election I asked each one of those who ran, ‘If you make it will you take up my cause and give justice to this baby?’” Darnay said.

When Randy Seal took office on July 1, 2012, one of his first assignments for Sorrell was for her to review and investigate the case.

http://www.gobogalusa.com/news/article_787b2e7c-40c4-11e2-91fa-001a4bcf887a.html

It is our duty to elect public officials that will continue to speak up and protect the rights of those that cannot speak.

Praying for Justice.

((((hugs))))

Thinking about you, and your little grandbaby boy, Mr. Calvin. Searching for news, with no luck. Hoping you got your perp...
and...your world is BETTER today.

Wow... I'm just now seeing this thread. Totally floored nobody's arrested for this child's rape! What can we as advocates do to assist in obtaining justice for this little sweetheart?

Has anybody pulled the arrest records for the bio mom abandoning her child?

Going to the beginning of the thread now...

Dear Jesus! I'm noticing this thread was opened Dec of 2010! No justice? No arrest of the person that sodomized this baby!

Not hard at all. A few months after the incident, the child's mother named a person of interest in a sworn statement to LE. When the grandparents contacted the Washington Parish detective to see if there'd been any progress, they were told the POI couldn't be found. The grandfather said he's found him several times and even called LE to let them know he was in front of the guy's house looking right at him. (I have to give it to the gf for having restraint.)

Washington Parish is tough on sexual predators and child abusers. If they are sitting on this one, there's a reason, which leads me to believe the allegations that the perp is connected to LE are true. And, yes, I'd love to know his name, too.

Bessie, I know this thread is old but do you happen to remember where you got this info? Could it have been in conversation with the grandparents or did you read it online or in transcripts somewhere. I tried to pull up the original article used to set up this thread but the old link is dead. I've searched portions of the quotes and didn't come up with the original article. Going to finish reading the thread then I'll try to search again.

"Hope Thibodaux was charged with child desertion and improper supervision of a minor." This tells me that LE had to have at least investigated enough to file charges against the mother of this toddler, so LE already knows the suspected perp. The Grandfather has contacted LE with information on the location of this person, so what the hell is going on LE? Is this person the son of a friend of someone in LE? Is he an informer? Undercover? None of this should matter. People in that area need to raise total hell in front of all the media and get the news out about this little boys rape. This is unacceptable.:furious:

Not only that but surely if this child's lesions were indeed herpes, then the perp didn't use a condom - so surely the hospital would have swabbed the child's rectum & anal cavity for sperm & other evidence. The authorities could run DNA using the sperm to put together a possible genetic profile of the rapist. So what gives? Maybe this could be escalated to the FBI...

Still trying to piece together why nobody was arrested thus far. It's unacceptable and despicable!

alot of people tell me at least hes safe,well if the laws were different an the crazy parents cant leagelly denie a rape kit test then we would have more child rapist in jail.The bio mother is pregnet again and using things she shouldnt be an theres nothing to do to help that innocent child.I hope that this new baby will find a good home.im sick over the justice system,if u can prosacute the mother you should be able to prosacute the guy who raped him:jail:

Omg are you saying his darn bio mom denied a rape kit test? I thought she was AWOL at the time? Did she deny the rape test at the hospital? For crying out loud, if she's a druggie, she could have prostituted her kid out, so how would she have the right to deny a test on him? That's crazy if she was allowed to do that! Couldn't the doctor just do it without asking, just like they can save a life even if it's against a person's religion?

Ea... Got my answer in an above post. Dear God she's a crazy beeeeech...

WTH is going on here?..:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

http://www.gobogalusa.com/news/article_877088b2-a2fa-11e2-8716-0019bb2963f4.html

Sun couple facing charges
Accused of exploiting elderly man while he was in hospital

Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2013 11:45 pm
BY MARCELLE HANEMANN The Daily News

mn18o2.jpg

Snipped:
The case opened several weeks ago when the family of the victim contacted the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff’s Office. Detectives soon discovered the Thibodauxs had obtained power of attorney over the victim while he was in the hospital.

Snipped:
Investigators believe the couple developed a close relationship with the victim after learning of his financial status earlier in the year. The Sheriff’s Office said it recovered about $292,000 in purchased items and cash and that the remaining funds were spent on unrecoverable items.

Darnay and Calvin Thibodaux were arrested on one count each of exploitation of the elderly. They each posted a $50,000 bond and were released.

Snipped:
Hope Thibodaux was scheduled for a pretrial hearing on April 1, but it was continued. She is now slated for a pretrial appearance on June 26 and for a jury trial on July 8.

Hope Thibodaux allegedly denied seeing the trauma on her child’s body that others reported seeing clearly, gave a false name when asked who had been watching him at the time and prevented the grandparents from taking the child to the doctor for two days after the incident.

The Washington Parish Sheriff’s Office reopened the case at the urging of Darnay Thibodaux.

The comment at that link says the charges were dropped against the Thibodauxs bc they innocent. Why did le have to confiscate everything they purchased then? Maybe bc they need them for the case against the rapist that violated their grandson, and if charges stayed on record then their testimony against the perpetrator wouldn't seem viable? Since everything but around $8000 was recovered by le, maybe charges were dropped bc they were able to pay that money back to the neighbor's estate. Maybe their testimony is needed against Calvin's daughter bc she screwed up the case from the very beginning. Besides, maybe there's a legitimate reason they needed to purchase "two cars, a truck, a tractor, two utility trailers, a four-wheeler, a boat and motor, a camper trailer, a handgun and a piece of property with a mobile home on it".

Now I seriously wanna know if its possible Hope pimped out her kid in exchange for drugs or a babysitter, money, whatever. Why else would she lie about the name of her child's rapist?

Mother indicted in rape case
Charges related to 2010 sexual abuse of her 22-month-old child

Posted: Sunday, December 9, 2012 12:00 am
By Marcelle Hanemann THE DAILY NEWS

j7vouq.jpg

Hope Thibodaux

Snipped:
According to Sorrell, “Hope had quite a few stories” about what had happened.

“Her original version was nothing was wrong with her son other than a diaper rash,” she said. “She denied seeing any trauma, which six other people clearly indicate witnessing, on the child's rectum.”

Then the subterfuge reportedly began in earnest.

“Hope gave a false name of a subject named ‘Tommy’ who had been around the child,” Sorrell said. “She refused to tell who the child had been left with.”

The child’s mother, now pregnant with her third child, also “made up a story about a fictitious doctor's visit occurring just prior to the abuse, and remained home with the child for two days to prevent the grandparents from taking him to the doctor” after the event, she said.

“When the grandparents finally were able to bring the child to a pediatrician, sexual abuse was suspected, so they were referred to Children's Hospital,” Sorrell said. “Hope would not allow the physician at Children's Hospital to conduct a particular examination, which would have provided evidence of sexual abuse.

“Later, she admitted to me she thought her child had been sexually abused, and she made up the doctor's visit/diaper rash to ‘throw-off’ the investigators because she did not want to lose custody of her children. Disturbingly, it was even discovered that Hope returned the child the very next weekend to visit with the suspected perpetrator.”

*Much more at link...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required
Back