LA LA - Jacquelyn 'Daisy' Landry, 18, Lafayette, 23 May 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So depressing that no one is talking about this. Some search organizations have called off their searches. Other organizations that are still participating don't know where to concentrate their search efforts. I'm so sad for daisy.

Daisy is a person who means just as much as myself or anyone else, to her or our parents, siblings and other loved ones..

Nobody is talking. I just want her body found. I do what I can whenever can foe the good of others. And it's never enough until she is found and can be put to rest and remembered as a person, as a fellow human.

I'm dumbfounded by the lack of attention and radio silence. Someone knows something, but we're not hearing a word? I don't want anyone to post rumors. Just tell me...is there any chit chat going on at all? (Don't post it if there is.)

It is so sad. It is also ( unfortunately) common that search efforts decrease when they believe the person deceased. I don't think it means one person means less than another, as someone had implied earlier. I think they use x amount of resources and then wait for better info/ some citizen to happen upon the body. I know of 2 children that had the exact same thing happen. I'm Still watching both cases (1 year and several years) later for them to be found. I hope Daisy's case is resolved sooner. I think these guys were into drugs so didn't plan a covert operation to cover all tracks.

(Still looking, Diana Alvares and Relisha Rudd 💖 )

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

This case reminds me of Mickey Shunick. I participated in several of those searches and the searches weren't anywhere near where she was found. The perp led law enforcement to her body a month after he was in jail to avoid the death penalty. He buried her about 45 miles from where she went missing.

This case reminds me of Mickey Shunick. I participated in several of those searches and the searches weren't anywhere near where she was found. The perp led law enforcement to her body a month after he was in jail to avoid the death penalty. He buried her about 45 miles from where she went missing.
Yes, and there was so much activity that we opened a sub-forum which kept me hopping 24/7. Not so with Daisy Lynn -- practically no feedback.

Just tell me...is there any chit chat going on at all? (Don't post it if there is.)

Definitely, I live in Lafayette and I've heard a good bit of info going around from people who have mutual friends with those who have been arrested. I've avoided mentioning any of it here since personal sleuthing isn't allowed- I'll just say there's definitely more info that seems to be confirmed than the news is letting on. Which is understandable, since that's how arrests made without a body usually go. But it's still sad and frustrating. I feel so bad every day for this poor girl's family.

Texas equisearch needs to look at whiskey bay.

After the Mickey Schunick case, anyone would have to be a real idiot to try to hide a dead body there... But then again, you have to be an idiot to murder someone in the first place, so I guess there's always a chance. I just think a lot of locals automatically equate Whiskey Bay with murder now.

Why Whiskey Bay when the Vermillion River is pretty much within walking distance from where she went missing? I think LE probably know more than they are saying, and within good reason. Lake Martin is closer if they would want to dump a body in water and full of alligators. If the guys they arrested did murder her, I don't think they are bright enough to come up with an elaborate plan to dispose of her.

Why Whiskey Bay when the Vermillion River is pretty much within walking distance from where she went missing? I think LE probably know more than they are saying, and within good reason. Lake Martin is closer if they would want to dump a body in water and full of alligators. If the guys they arrested did murder her, I don't think they are bright enough to come up with an elaborate plan to dispose of her.
searching vermillion river..
http://klfy.com/2017/06/07/volunteers-search-vermilion-river-for-daisy-lynn-landry/

I'm from this area. We have tons of bayous, lakes, borrow pits, ponds, intercoastal canals and levees. Whiskey Bay/Atchafalaya Basin are fast moving bodies of water and has miles and miles of desolate lands. The Acadiana area is known for fishing, hunting and trapping. Everyone (and their neighbor) has trucks and boats.

I live near Lake Martin. It has 1 gravel road that goes half way around the lake. The Vermilion River (Bayou) is shallow and narrow in some areas. The Vermilion has miles of beautiful homes along it's banks. I believe that these homes would have video cameras monitoring the properties. One side has homes that face the lake that's nearer to the boat landing. The other end is pretty desolate.

Hi, Teche. I was hoping we'd hear from you on this thread.

I live less than half a mile from the Vermilion and now this is really disturbing me.

I know that Mickey aka Mighty Mick got a lot of media attention. My husband and I joined in a search of Lake Martin via boat. Mickey's family and friends were proactive in getting and keeping media engaged. The family organized searches themselves and flooded Fb day and night. The Schuniks continue to advocate for crime victims. I always thought that they could provide training for LE and agencies that deal with finding the missing.

Unfortunately there's little information being released by LE. I realize that LE needs to careful with info. There was a search conducted today but the news media said that the volunteers are dwindling.

Looks like the searches are being postponed as of this morning, "until further credible leads are received." Poor girl, this breaks my heart.

KLFY reports that Texas Equusearch and Rescue and Acadian Search and Rescue have suspended searches. However, Cajun Coast Search and Rescue are in the process of talking to Daisy Lynn's family. It's sad...but we have so many waterways and marshy land in our area. Hopefully, someone will provide viable information to her location.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back