LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 5 June 2012 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The little girl has a different last name than Jaren & her bf. The court records indicate the state went after a different man for child support. Yet, the person that is appearing on Jaren's daughter's behalf, has the same last name as Jaren's bf. Did you catch all that???

Wow, you are good. Where are you getting this info?

Good luck finding anywhere in NYC for $1,500 a month.

And while housing in New Orleans isn't as cheap as it is in most other places, $1,500 a month for that particular piece of housing is steep. The hotel owners should be ashamed of themselves.

One of my daughters had an impossible time trying to rent an apartment. Landlords were requiring that her salary be 4X's the monthly rent! Sure!

I just had a horrible thought, Bessie in one of your earlier posts you said you felt like this was intentional with Jaren's killer. Like they were sending a message.

What if that's exactly what it is and it IS the Long Island Serial Killer announcing his presence to LE?

I really hope not but reading back over these last pages to catch up it really struck me. I pray it's not!
:thud:

That's not quite what I had in mind, though I've been feeling shades of LISK since this started. But nah! I don't think so.

why is it that we are not hearing anything about Jaren's and bf's child?

I can't imagine the upheaval in this poor child's life?

Losing mommy, then moving into cramped quarters with an "acquaintance".

Am thinking the same thing, where is the baby?

I love NOLA too. It's a city with character, and there's no other place quite like it. For all its failings (extremely high crime rate, corrupt politicians, etc.), it's still my favorite city in the world. Where else can you find all of the old-world charm mixed with an eclectic funkiness that only NOLA has?

Good points about the parking, too.

I guess it hasn't changed much in the last 25 years then. I lived there when I was in my early twenties and in college. I almost lost my life and had a bad experience with LE.

Yesterday I was looking for other similar cases and ran across Ms. Balls murder. I was very disappointed in what I read.

I want justice for these girls and their loved ones. MS LE seems determined to solve this case and I have a good feeling about them working together with NO LE to do so.

Except that its intended purpose is probably not meant to be "housing"...it's supposed to be a short, super cheap place to crash (although I never would!).

There are rundown motels that are meant to be anonymous places that don't ask a lot of questions and they allow you to pay by the day or week, or even a few hours, etc. They don't require a credit card or an id and don't care much what you do as long as you keep a low profile and pay your rent. There are no amenities.

They tend to attract various types of drug users, transients, strippers who change clubs and living quarters frequently, etc.

Which also reminds me of another things that was common among a girl I knew who was dancer in this type of life. Totes! They may move a lot so totes are a great way to keep your life contained and movable.

But they could also be a great way to store or transport a body. But coolers are way more common items to have around that don't look suspicious around here.

However, after using a cooler for body transport, there remains the tricky of how to dispose of a cooler. You can't shoot holes in it and sink it (ask the campano brothers), if you throw it out, someone will most likely pick it up.

So sad to see how this has come to an end for her. She was a beautiful girl and she no doubt has loved ones who are grieving now.

I wonder how much press the finding of Jaren would have even had, if Mickey was not also missing...and how much follow-up will take place in the media...

or if it wasnt body parts washing up on a beach

bessie, are you saying Angela and Destiney are the same person?
Yep. The bf was a suspect, but he was never charged with Angela's murder. He's in jail now on other charges.

The little girl has a different last name than Jaren & her bf. The court records indicate the state went after a different man for child support. Yet, the person that is appearing on Jaren's daughter's behalf, has the same last name as Jaren's bf. Did you catch all that???

Who has the little girl, I wonder?

FWIW, here's a story about another Bourbon St dancer who moved here in the spring of 2009 and was murdered two months later. Her body was found in the stairwell of an abandoned City Hall annex. Initially, LE thought she'd cut her wrist. Months later, her death was officially ruled a homicide. I hate to say it, but this happens more often than one might think.

August 7, 2009
http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2009/08/stripper_came_to_new_orleans_f.html

December 29, 2009
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2009/12/mid-city_death_in_july_was_a_h.html

A suspect was named in January 2010. I haven't followed up to find out if he was eventually arrested.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2010/01/police_looking_for_man_linked.html

Bessie, what's strange is that now none of th links work. Could it be because they're older?

I see a comment about another stripper who was killed in the warehouse, named Destiney. http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2012/06/tattoos_help_mississippi_deput.html

Maybe this will bring more information forward about lots of other murders that weren't deemed newsworthy at the time :(

I stopped reading comments on the Internet about five years ago. I never thought to look there.

I wonder how much more information will show up.

It seems like people are looking for place to post information where they're sure it will be seen.

While living in N.O. I was called for jury duty in criminal case. The jury was sequestered in a seedy motel on Tulane avenue and all night long you could hear people running up and down the balcony stairs. There was a lot of monkey business going on. Freaked us out!

While living in N.O. I was called for jury duty in criminal case. The jury was sequestered in a seedy motel on Tulane avenue and all night long you could hear people running up and down the balcony stairs. There was a lot of monkey business going on. Freaked us out!

Geez, that's nuts! If I ever have to go through that, they better put me up in a safe place!

all the links worked for me the first time around.

Creepy.

Did it rush your verdict in any way?

Sorry. There was no stair climber, and I wanted my legs to look good for the judge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxmia2020