LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 5 June 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, $1500/month is a lot to pay for such a crappy place to live.

It seems that she was living day-to-day, especially if there were drug issues as friends & family members have mentioned. Probably hard to save money for a down payment for decent housing when if you're struggling with a drug addiction. Yet, you can't take yourself out of the environment because you need the money. We're from the same small town and I know several people who know her & her family. So sad.

Yeeaaahhhh...I was in the dreaded WT thread. After thread, after thread. I tried not to mention it over here, but cooler came up. =\ I really hope there aren't any photos of a truck.

I just wondered if they were as common in the city proper. Doesn't eliminate anyone then.

Oh yeahhhh. I work downtown and they're all over.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8031593&highlight=room#post8031593
snipped- The day her boyfriend reported Lockhart missing, Price said, he explained he could no longer pay for his room and moved his belongings to an acquaintance's room at the same motel. Price said he hasn't seen the boyfriend since then.

HIS belongings...where is her stuff??

He couldn't rustle up some money?? When I was there, plenty were asking for handouts...

odd

The reason I'm thinking that dismemberment was for transport is because if you're going to get a whole body out to the water with no one noticing (especially if you have a boat) why not just try to weigh the whole body down with an anchor and some rope? It would be difficult to conceal identity through dismemberment, because of tattoos, dna, piercings, dental records. Also we don't know that she wasn't put in a cooler, and the cooler dumped, too. Just because it hasn't been found doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Someone might not think a cooler floating in the water/washed up on shore was odd. I'd just assume someone lost it off of their boat.

IF Jaren's body was just dismembered to be scattered/distributed so that she wouldn't be found as easily, I would think that it was someone who knew her, killed her, then panicked.

I absolutely hate typing all of those things. I can't bear that someone killed and dumped this beautiful young girl. My heart aches for her family and friends. I really hope they find the monster that did this.

BBM

I agree. I don't think the dismemberment was an integral part of the initial crime, if that makes sense.

It might or might not have been planned, but I think it was done for practical reasons.

I hate typing this too.

I don't think her boyfriend did either. Since she took a cab to work, I wonder if they didn't have a vehicle. Without a vehicle it would be really hard for him to have done this I think.

Someone called a cab for her every day.

Could have been the same cab- someone the innkeeper knew, maybe.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8031593&highlight=room#post8031593
snipped- The day her boyfriend reported Lockhart missing, Price said, he explained he could no longer pay for his room and moved his belongings to an acquaintance's room at the same motel. Price said he hasn't seen the boyfriend since then.

HIS belongings...where is her stuff??

He couldn't rustle up some money?? When I was there, plenty were asking for handouts...

odd

I can't imagine "possessions" would equal much more than some clothes and a tooth brush. The motel room cannot be very big.

There is a little more information here. I don't think it's been posted yet.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2012/06/tattoos_help_mississippi_deput.html
I've been a long time crime follower but reading this almost nauseates me. Sounds like a script from some thriller/horror movie almost. God bless her family and be with them as they somehow try to deal with this. I feel for LE personnel that have had to witness this first hand as well. It's beyond brutal what was done to Jaren ... scary.

I think I read that her boyfriend moved out at about the same time that he reported her missing. Clearly, she paid the rent. The motel owner is probably fibbing a little when he says that the boyfriend voluntarily moved out when he couldn't pay rent. More likely, the motel owner kicked him out. Since he moved in next door, I assume he took all of their possessions with him. But remember that police may already have searched the room by then.

I have to say neither transportation or concealment make sense to me.

You have a torso, so why calf, thigh, feet. As far as concealment the tattoos could have been remove.

Pannicked and/or on drugs maybe?

Good point.

How common are pick up trucks in the area JL was last seen?

I've only visited the city a few times, but it's on my Favorite Places on Earth list.

Come back and see it sometime. New Orleans stole my heart on my first visit, so I had no choice but to move down here to retrieve it.

Pick-ups are pretty common in the city, but nothing like Lafayette. And they're definitely more popular in the surrounding suburbs than they are within the city itself.

Which brings up something I haven't seen anyone mention yet: Lockhart went missing in the French Quarter, and parking there is notoriously difficult. Street parking is pretty much impossible, and Bourbon Street (the last place she's publicly confirmed as having been seen) is blocked to traffic every night.

If she left the club on foot, there's likely video of that. There's video of pretty much everything on Bourbon Street. And if she entered someone's vehicle in a parking garage, there's probably going to be video of that, as well. If there's not video, the police will probably be able to narrow down the location of any crime scenes quickly.

That's what I was thinking. A fisherman that did it on the boat in the water.

...And the blood could be commingled with the blood of fish...

Making it harder to discern evidence of a human murder scene on the boat.

JMO and MOO

I have to say neither transportation or concealment make sense to me.

You have a torso, so why calf, thigh, feet. As far as concealment the tattoos could have been remove.

Pannicked and/or on drugs maybe?

Hmm....maybe smaller than torso is physically more difficult to achieve? I dunno

I have some really big suitcases, though.

I've been at baseball games all day and got here to read this horrible news. This case has really shaken me, and I followed the Aliahna Lemmon case from the beginning. I have a hole in my heart after reading this thread. My thoughts are with Jaren's family and friends. I am so very sorry for your loss.

Come back and see it sometime. New Orleans stole my heart on my first visit, so I had no choice but to move down here to retrieve it. .

Me too. I have no idea why I don't live there. Aside from not having a job there, I mean.

You'd think I'd have figured it out by now.

Good for you!

You got that right! NYC prices for NOLA?!? I don't think so....

Good luck finding anywhere in NYC for $1,500 a month.

And while housing in New Orleans isn't as cheap as it is in most other places, $1,500 a month for that particular piece of housing is steep. The hotel owners should be ashamed of themselves.

I think I read that her boyfriend moved out at about the same time that he reported her missing. Clearly, she paid the rent. The motel owner is probably fibbing a little when he says that the boyfriend voluntarily moved out when he couldn't pay rent. More likely, the motel owner kicked him out. Since he moved in next door, I assume he took all of their possessions with him. But remember that police may already have searched the room by then.

I thought kicking people out for not paying was probably routine.

I know someone who's lived in a place like this. It's amazing what you can cram into that small space.

Hmm maybe it's just me ,but why did the boyfriend move out of the room so quick upon reporting her missing? Where are her possessions?What if she had showed back that afternoon...
According to an article posted up-thread "he didn't have the $$$ to continue paying for the room".

Come back and see it sometime. New Orleans stole my heart on my first visit, so I had no choice but to move down here to retrieve it.

Pick-ups are pretty common in the city, but nothing like Lafayette. And they're definitely more popular in the surrounding suburbs than they are within the city itself.

Which brings up something I haven't seen anyone mention yet: Lockhart went missing in the French Quarter, and parking there is notoriously difficult. Street parking is pretty much impossible, and Bourbon Street (the last place she's publicly confirmed as having been seen) is blocked to traffic every night.

If she left the club on foot, there's likely video of that. There's video of pretty much everything on Bourbon Street. And if she entered someone's vehicle in a parking garage, there's probably going to be video of that, as well. If there's not video, the police will probably be able to narrow down the location of any crime scenes quickly.

I respectfully disagree on the parking issue, especially being that this was during a weeknight & that time of the night/morning. I just attended a rehearsal dinner that was held on a banquet hall on Bourbon St. on a Thursday night, and we parked right outside the venue's doors on a side street. It all depends on what, if anything, is going on.

I love NOLA too. It's a city with character, and there's no other place quite like it. For all its failings (extremely high crime rate, corrupt politicians, etc.), it's still my favorite city in the world. Where else can you find all of the old-world charm mixed with an eclectic funkiness that only NOLA has?

Good points about the parking, too.

I understood that he moved out BEFORE because he couldn't afford it. I'll go back and re-read....

OK:
He's still there; just in a different room now.

From the link above...

The day her boyfriend reported Lockhart missing, Price said, he explained he could no longer pay for his room and moved his belongings to an acquaintance's room at the same motel. Price said he hasn't seen the boyfriend since then.

It does seem a rather hasty move and then not to be seen again? Hmmm....
Sounds like Jaren was supporting him. Was she their only source of income?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3