LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 5 June 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But why not jump dump the whole container, if one was used?
I mean, seriously, if it was a cooler, are you really going to use it to store food again...

Perhaps, if a cooler was used, it was dumped elsewhere (on land). Coolers float, and they usually have white tops, and seeing a cooler bobbing in the water would be an unusual sight. Again, this is merely my speculation.

But why not jump dump the whole container, if one was used?
I mean, seriously, if it was a cooler, are you really going to use it to store food again...

AGREE! Although, Tom Capano didn't have so much success with this.....

Disclaimer: This is merely my opinion. I have no evidence other than my experience as a Gulf Coast dweller.

I would surmise that a fairly large ice chest would be a likely container to transport a dismembered body in. It wouldn't leak or tear, and it would not look out of place near the water. I live on the Mississippi Gulf Coast and am originally from Louisiana, and ice chests are VERY common here. No one would think twice about a pick-up truck carrying an ice chest, and it would be a common sight near any waterways around here. If a person saw the murdurer with an ice chest, it would just appear that he was a fisherman. He wouldn't even need to have a boat. Around here, lots of people fish off piers. It's very common, which is why I would guess that an ice chest was likely used.

Good point.

How common are pick up trucks in the area JL was last seen?

I've only visited the city a few times, but it's on my Favorite Places on Earth list.

Someone close to Jaran (can't figure out their relationship), asked that people keep Jaran's family and her bf and his family in their thoughts. Sounds pretty convincing that they don't believe Jaren's bf is the one that hurt her.

AGREE! Although, Tom Capano didn't have so much success with this.....

Ohmygosh, that was a stupid plan, wasn't it?

McGuire's luggage didn't serve her very well, either.

What were they thinking?!

The sea will tell.

Good point.

I've only visited the city a few times, but it's on my Favorite Places on Earth list.

VERY common, even in NOLA. Most males that I know of who live on or near the Coast drive pick-up trucks. So many people around here have a boat and/or enjoy fishing, and pick-up trucks are ideal for hauling boat trailers and for carrying fishing poles and ice chests, etc. For most men in this area, a traditional car just isn't practical.

To put this bluntly, again, I think it's really inappropriate for people to suggest that HM was the victim of a murder. Especially on random news stories regarding the death of another person. There has been no confirmation that HM was murdered, and it's cruel to suggest otherwise in a place where HM's friends and family might read that.

I don't know who posted the comment on the news story. But Jaren's cousin said yesterday that Hillary Moulder was murdered, too, and had worked with Jaren. So that has caused some to wonder about a connection. To this point, there has been no information supporting the notion that Hillary was murdered. But I think someone was just trying to let the reporter know to explore that. That person probably is unaware that most reporters, myself included, rarely read comments on stories. But I believe Jaren's cousin has already relayed to police what she mentioned to us about Hillary. So, if there is any connection, I'm sure the police are following up.

Someone close to Jaran (can't figure out their relationship), asked that people keep Jaran's family and her bf and his family in their thoughts. Sounds pretty convincing that they don't believe Jaren's bf is the one that hurt her.

Not if she went to work and left in the morning with certain someone(s)...my thoughts and prayers are with them all!

I don't think her boyfriend did either. Since she took a cab to work, I wonder if they didn't have a vehicle. Without a vehicle it would be really hard for him to have done this I think.

Good point.

Have you been following the Mickey Schunik case at all? I think 1 in 10 people in Louisiana own a white Z71. Let's just say there are LOTS of trucks all over.

I don't know who posted the comment on the news story. But Jaren's cousin said yesterday that Hillary Moulder was murdered, too, and had worked with Jaren. So that has caused some to wonder about a connection. To this point, there has been no information supporting the notion that Hillary was murdered. But I think someone was just trying to let the reporter know to explore that. That person probably is unaware that most reporters, myself included, rarely read comments on stories. But I believe Jaren's cousin has already relayed to police what she mentioned to us about Hillary. So, if there is any connection, I'm sure the police are following up.

It's good someone's spoken to LE.

The reason I'm thinking that dismemberment was for transport is because if you're going to get a whole body out to the water with no one noticing (especially if you have a boat) why not just try to weigh the whole body down with an anchor and some rope? It would be difficult to conceal identity through dismemberment, because of tattoos, dna, piercings, dental records. Also we don't know that she wasn't put in a cooler, and the cooler dumped, too. Just because it hasn't been found doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Someone might not think a cooler floating in the water/washed up on shore was odd. I'd just assume someone lost it off of their boat.

IF Jaren's body was just dismembered to be scattered/distributed so that she wouldn't be found as easily, I would think that it was someone who knew her, killed her, then panicked.

I absolutely hate typing all of those things. I can't bear that someone killed and dumped this beautiful young girl. My heart aches for her family and friends. I really hope they find the monster that did this.

Hmm maybe it's just me ,but why did the boyfriend move out of the room so quick upon reporting her missing? Where are her possessions?What if she had showed back that afternoon...

Have you been following the Mickey Schunik case at all? I think 1 in 10 people in Louisiana own a white Z71. Let's just say there are LOTS of trucks all over.

Yeeaaahhhh...I was in the dreaded WT thread. After thread, after thread. I tried not to mention it over here, but cooler came up. =\ I really hope there aren't any photos of a truck.

I just wondered if they were as common in the city proper. Doesn't eliminate anyone then.

Hmm maybe it's just me ,but why did the boyfriend move out of the room so quick upon reporting her missing? Where are her possessions?What if she had showed back that afternoon...

She was probably paying the daily rent with nightly tip money.

Interesting question about her possessions.

I understood that he moved out BEFORE because he couldn't afford it. I'll go back and re-read....

OK:
He's still there; just in a different room now.

From the link above...

The day her boyfriend reported Lockhart missing, Price said, he explained he could no longer pay for his room and moved his belongings to an acquaintance's room at the same motel. Price said he hasn't seen the boyfriend since then.

It does seem a rather hasty move and then not to be seen again? Hmmm....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman