LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 5 June 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please do not post this in the media thread. And do not quote from it. That goes for everyone. I'm still reading, but this appears to be a blog. If you quote from it, and I pull the link, I'll also have to pull your posts.

ETA: After further review, the link is not allowed. Sorry, resqx.

np bessie...i just thought the pictures of jaren were nice.

You got it correct, except for the part of the bio-dad PAYING child support.

This information was gleaned from court records and not first-hand knowledge.

I'm a child support attorney in MS. Likely there was DNA testing with the bf that came back negative. It's also likely that the person who has custody of the child is on some sort of state assistance and was required to get a child support order against the biological father. This requires the mother to sign an affidavit naming the father. They would have to keep trying until they had a positive DNA test OR the father named was served for court and failed to show. Either way, I doubt Jaren had custody of that child living in the place she did and with the type of job she had. I'm not judging, I'm just saying it's unlikely the child lived with her.

To MissMs
As I stated earlier Jaren is my daughter. Thank you for your comments and opinions. First, no, her daughter was not living with her. And second, there are no questions regarding paternity of her daughter, who is being well taken care of and always has been well taken care of. And what difference does it make as to the paternity of her child in this case anyway. It has nothing to do with it. And I would ask again for everyone to be respectful towards her daughter because one day she will be old enough to google her mother and we don't want to answer questions as to why people said such mean things.

I mean no disrespect towards other sleuthers but I agree with sweetly1 that Jaren's child's whereabouts, support, living arrangements and paternity do not have anything to do with Jaren's death or her case. In my opinion those are topics that don't need to be discussed.

With all due respect, the only reason I myself asked about the child was concern for her welfare during this tragic time.
And in my humble opinion, as far as paternity, well... true, maybe it isn't an issue....I would hope and assume that the child's father held no ill towards Jaren and would not harm her. Unfortunately sometimes questions may be asked that are difficult, but if they open up an avenue to be explored in order to find the guilty party, then sometimes they do get asked and answered.

Please accept my Prayers for the family and may justice be swift and served.

Though if women really want to avoid situations that might result in death, there are a few things they can do:

1. Pick a non-violent romantic partner.
2. Don't live a high-risk lifestyle or engage in high-risk behavior.
3. Don't spend time with people who live high-risk lifestyles or engage in high-risk behavior.

Those options aren't as dramatic as a salon makeover, but at least they provide some actual security instead of a false sense of it. And for the record, I'm a blonde.

AMEN!! There are many things that you can do just out of common sense to NOT be a victim. Women who live this kind of lifestyle are killed ALL THE TIME. Why are they not scared? It boggles the mind. However, I was thinking of something interesting along these lines. BTK killed average housewives, at home (sometimes with their children) in the middle of the day. That is me, folks - at home with my 5 children! There are things we ALL need to be mindful of....someone may be watching us and we will never know until it's too late.

right! it could happen to anybody.

but some people dont have the luxury of being safe and sound, they do what they have to to make ends meet. to keep a roof over their head and feed themselves....esp. these days.

eta..quoting gone wrong lol

but some people dont have the luxury of being safe and sound, they do what they have to to make ends meet. to keep a roof over their head and feed themselves....esp. these days.

I completely agree, and that's what I think it's especially noxious to suggest that people who are forced to take risks because of their employment or living situation can ward off danger by dying their hair.

A woman in Jacksonville Fl....has been missing since Friday June 1st....last seen riding her bike from work around 7pm. She worked at a gentleman's club..Emperors Gentleman's Club ...and was also living at a extended stay motel . 33 years old..her name is Tara Gean Hawkins.

AMEN!! There are many things that you can do just out of common sense to NOT be a victim. Women who live this kind of lifestyle are killed ALL THE TIME. Why are they not scared? It boggles the mind. However, I was thinking of something interesting along these lines. BTK killed average housewives, at home (sometimes with their children) in the middle of the day. That is me, folks - at home with my 5 children! There are things we ALL need to be mindful of....someone may be watching us and we will never know until it's too late.

I respectfully disagree. No one HAS to be a stripper or a prostitute (I'm not saying that Jaren was, just speaking hypothetically). My sister was both. She gave up a good paying secure job and CHOSE to be. Do people have to work to eat and have a roof overhead? Absolutely. Is stripping and selling your body the only option? NO WAY. McDonald's and Walmart are always hiring and if someone for whatever reason can't get hired at those places then there is assistance. No one HAS to live that way.

I respectfully disagree. No one HAS to be a stripper or a prostitute (I'm not saying that Jaren was, just speaking hypothetically). My sister was both. She gave up a good paying secure job and CHOSE to be. Do people have to work to eat and have a roof overhead? Absolutely. Is stripping and selling your body the only option? NO WAY. McDonald's and Walmart are always hiring and if someone for whatever reason can't get hired at those places then there is assistance. No one HAS to live that way.

missgulf we can disagree then :) i stand by my post thats mixed up in there somewhere....

missgulf we can disagree then :) i stand by my post thats mixed up in there somewhere....
but some people dont have the luxury of being safe and sound, they do what they have to to make ends meet. to keep a roof over their head and feed themselves....esp. these days.[/QUOTE]

Lots of people are just a step away.

And there but for the grace of God go I.

No matter our personal beliefs.....
Considering there is family reading this thread, family which has practically begged us not to judge, I think it would be in good taste to meter our judgement. Especially when judging a victim does absolutely nothing to solve a case.

No matter our personal beliefs.....
Considering there is family reading this thread, family which has practically begged us not to judge, I think it would be in good taste to meter our judgement. Especially when judging a victim does absolutely nothing to solve a case.[/QUOTE]

Could not agree with you more. Sweetly asked us kindly to choose our words carefully as years from now Jaren's daughter might not by mistake see what has been said about her loving mother.
The least we as posters here can do is respect her wishes.
To me I don't care what she did for a living. I care about finding the person that did this and bringing the prep to justice.

Without judging anyone, it is still hard to fathom that her employment is in not some way related to her murder. Possible, of course, but it seems unlikely. JMO

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: Thank you so much resqx.

Just and FYI the McDonalds here were hiring and they had 200 application for 2 jobs. I learned a long time ago not to judge others because I'm not in their shoes!

Without judging anyone, it is still hard to fathom that her employment is in not some way related to her murder. Possible, of course, but it seems unlikely. JMO

I definitely agree with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member