GUILTY LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 5 June 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome, Lights!

It's definitely possible that a lot of people in the businesses you named know each other. If it's like any other industry, they could be working here for a while, then across the street. IDK about this instance, but it seems common in some other areas.

It would be good to know how often Jaren left 'early'. If it wasn't often.…

Wait a minute …

Could she have been promised work at a 'new' club by TS?

There is no new club, but I'm betting he'd say there was.

I've been working on bourbon for 3yrs. Along w my fiance and friends. One works as a dancer at both temptations and lipstixxx and the other at lipstixxx. Those strip clubs mentioned are the easiest to get into. I've known about several raids by LE at those clubs. They also do not do background checks. Its common for the dancers to try to leave early. But most times they need the OK of management. Some of the clubs, usually major commercial strip clubs have the dancers sign contracts. And security on bourbon usually will question employees of who they're leaving with. At least the tightly ran strip clubs and night clubs. My fiance works for one of the better known bars on bourbon and they run a tight ship on employees we leave in groups and car pool to each other cars so no one, not even the men walk alone. But I know for sure the management of those seedy strip clubs don't use the same systems.

His mugshot hasn't been released for THIS case. It's an old one and so is hers. Her hair is not that length NOW. Go back to the video from today with her "limping" into court.

Yes, I got that, thanks so much

If you look at the picture of MAS pictured above, her hair is shoulder length. It just blends with the background. In the video of her coming out of the police van, her hair looks about shoulder length in the pony tail. She also has on a white shirt underneath her green jail scrubs. I think her picture is a current mug shot.

Maybe we aren't seeing a mug shot of him because the cops beat the carp out of him? :please:

ULBM: nope. He's in Federal custody. Feds don't release mugshots willy nilly. :moo:
http://www.chron.com/news/article/Dismembered-stripper-case-Man-in-federal-custody-3632195.php

Speaks was in federal custody Wednesday after U.S. Marshals arrested him on a North Carolina warrant accusing him of failing to register as a sex offender, U.S. Attorney Jim Letten said.

Tinkering as in, him changing his hair, etc.

Could be? We haven't seen his mugshot to see what he looks like now. Weight gain? Hair color change? He's in Federal custody so we won't hear/see much. :moo:

Welcome, Lights!

It's definitely possible that a lot of people in the businesses you named know each other. If it's like any other industry, they could be working here for a while, then across the street. IDK about this instance, but it seems common in some other areas.

It would be good to know how often Jaren left 'early'. If it wasn't often.…

Wait a minute …

Could she have been promised work at a 'new' club by TS?

There is no new club, but I'm betting he'd say there was.

Also, its a high possibility that he promised better employment. There's always a new club (change name in business or he could've gotten hired somewhere else).
And most of us all know each other or at least know of each other. He obviously wasn't there very long or kept a distance of ppl because none of the street veterans knew him well. Its not hard getting a job as a doorman (security is a separate position).

I've been working on bourbon for 3yrs. Along w my fiance and friends. One works as a dancer at both temptations and lipstixxx and the other at lipstixxx. Those strip clubs mentioned are the easiest to get into. I've known about several raids by LE at those clubs. They also do not do background checks. Its common for the dancers to try to leave early. But most times they need the OK of management. Some of the clubs, usually major commercial strip clubs have the dancers sign contracts. And security on bourbon usually will question employees of who they're leaving with. At least the tightly ran strip clubs and night clubs. My fiance works for one of the better known bars on bourbon and they run a tight ship on employees we leave in groups and car pool to each other cars so no one, not even the men walk alone. But I know for sure the management of those seedy strip clubs don't use the same systems.

BBM-Can you explain this in more detail? Do you mean they try to discourage them from leaving with a customer?

What kind of raids?

JEEZ! I hope they get enough evidence to nail these two forever. And perhaps I'm a bit barbaric, but I am glad that LA is a capital punishment state.

OT: I am so glad I don't live in that neighborhood. It's going to be crazy for a while. Can you imagine explaining to your kid that your neighbors killed and dismembered a woman down the street from your house? That's not a conversation I'd want to have with my child. Poor neighbors :-(

I don't live in that neighborhood, but I also don't live far from it at all. As for children, unfortunately my 10yr old twin daughters were in the presence of the TV when the news came on the other night, so they are now well aware of a NOLA girl being chopped to bits. It's absolutely horrific.

And call me barbaric but I too and glad we are a capital punishment state. I wish we had an express lane to death row for people who commit such awful crimes such as this one!

One thing I thought I’d mention is that Temptations, Stiletto’s Cabaret, Shobar, Scores Mansion, and Lipstixx are all under the same ownership and all are on Bourbon Street within a few blocks of each other. Jaren worked at Temptations. I have heard Margaret had worked at Stilleto’s, which is just next door to Temptations. I have heard Terry Speaks was a doorman at one or more of the aforementioned five clubs. According to the neighbor interviewed in Kenner, Terry Speaks was the boss at Shobar for a period of time before being fired.

Does this group of strip clubs not do background checks on the people it gives jobs to? They gave a job to a fugitive sex offender! I think they should be held accountable for this.

I believe the two suspects “knew” or “knew of” Jaren on some level prior to June 5th. They did not just randomly pick any dancer to take from Temptations that night. The meet-up with Jaren was premeditated, but was the murder and dismemberment premeditated or was it conceived at a later time? Another thing worth noting is that the above clubs close at 3am. It seems Jaren left early that night, but I’d imagine the clientele would have fizzled out before that time on a Tuesday night.

Not to be argumentative, but I highly doubt these clubs, who mostly pay under the table, do background checks. jmo

Money will always get a dancer out the door, especially on a Tuesday in June. If not money, it's something that they value just as much.

The new club doesn't seem like it'd fly with anybody who's been working out there for a while. New strip clubs don't really pop up that often. Jaren was where she wanted to be (some of the other clubs don't hire dancers with tattoos).

Like you said, something got her out that door.

I hear you, Memory and understand exactly what you mean about Jaren being comfortable and satisfied with her working at Temptations.. as well as I understand that Jaren has a unique look that not all clubs are excited to hire due to her tats and piercings..tho i must say that in the last 5years even that this particular style/look has come a long way and IMO clubs have found that its definitely a niche that their clientele is interested in.. i guess not ALL CLUBS have realized this and some are still stuck keeping the same style/look of their dancers rather than having a variety of all looks/styles.. but back tto specifically Temptations i did some reading up on the club in the wee early hours of this morning and I absolutely noticed that even in their reviews that the clientele had commented on the fact that they very much appreciated and liked that Temptations did seem to cater to a variety of diferent niches..dancers with different and unique styles that weren't necessarily the norm at other clubs the clientele had frequented(and they were speaking as tho they were glad that Temptations was a bit different from the norm.. standard.. club) ..

All of that said after reading I felt as tho i understood exactly why Jaren had chosen to work there and your just now validating that as well.. i want to ask you something and if you dont feel comfortable answering then I absolutely understand.. its actually a two prong question that IMO could give us a better understanding of what exactly it was that got Jaren out of the club in those early morning hours with these two.. just as you mentioned in a post earlier about Speaks and the thoughts on his possibly having made himself a middle man of sorts to arrange for a private party with one of the girls from the club(possibly Jaren) .. with what little you know of him is it possible that he wasn't acting as a middle man but rather was the actual client requesting the private party.. i mean its definitely no secret that these days it isn't unusual for the client that's requesting a private party to actually be a couple(such as speaks/sanchez) and i know that the money that can be made for private party with a couple can he very very appealing(especially as you said on a Tuesday in June when the biz is not at a booming peak by any means) .

What is your opinion on this as a possibility? I'm a hairstylist and over the years have had many clients and friends that worked at ssome of the clubs here in Memphis and I know that it strictly was dependant upon each individual girl whether or not this was something tthat they diid..some had zero problem with it and were happy to make those extra big bucks from a couple she "felt" was safe enough to venture into an after hours party with..and then some of the girls its just not something that they ever felt comfortable doing for various reasons therefore it would have been unheard of to ever hear of her taking up an offer like this..so that's why im asking you with what little you know in being local and having had some level of interaction with them would you find that particular circumstance being possibly what lured Jaren into leaving the club with them that morning?

Again if you wish not to answer i absolutely understand i am just wanting to see what the most likely scenario was and while we can't know for certain but if it was something that would not be the norm or would have been highly unusual for her to do.. then that gives us a better idea of moving away from a scenario such as this as a possibility..

Thanks in advance and I know i speak for many of us in saying we appreciate your having posted alongside with us thru Jaren's case as you are able to give some real insight for those of us who are not local.. thank you.

Ok I could be seriously mistaken here but I don't think that is Margaret's picture. I think it looks like a female we were discussing here that was Atwood's accomplice.

Margaret's features are different.

It's her.

What would make a woman like MAS with no criminal background we know of become a part of a horrendous crime like this one? Was she so obsessed with the boyfriend?

snipped:
First time posting. I worked with Margaret for a year or two, and I would like to make a few points to help some of you.

-There is very little reason to believe that she (not necessarily speaking for him) was involved in any other missing person or murder cases. She was active and partying on the night in question. Since that night she has deleted her Facebook account and gone into hiding.
Welcome to Websleuths and thanks for the insight!!

Wondering if you can clarify your comment a little. I'm assuming you're referring to Hillary Moulder's death when you say there's little reason to believe she's involved in any other cases, right? Not that she's under any suspicion what-so-ever in that death (which may have been OD/natural) but you're basically saying she had an 'alibi' at the time HM was missing/died?

I'm also a little confused about when she closed her facebook ... she closed it around the time of Moulder's death OR she closed it when Jaren went missing?

Do you happen to know how long she'd been involved with Terry Speaks?

Sorry for bombarding you with so many questions, just trying to understand and sort through some of the info we've heard.

One more quick question ... did you/your co-workers know Hillary by chance?

-Walking 3 blocks along Bourbon is generally and indicator that you're heading to where you parked. This also lines up well with where Margaret had a history working and the way people tend to have specific areas that they park based on what areas of the street they're used to working on.

Oh, you do know what you're talking about. I never thought about that before but it's true.

Not a Bourbon expert, but spent a lot of time down there, especially on off nights and with LE friends.

Welcome & thanks for the great insight-hope you stick around as your info is valuable to us

Also, its a high possibility that he promised better employment. There's always a new club (change name in business or he could've gotten hired somewhere else).
And most of us all know each other or at least know of each other. He obviously wasn't there very long or kept a distance of ppl because none of the street veterans knew him well. Its not hard getting a job as a doorman (security is a separate position).

Seems like a bit of a stretch. We all know the saying "the simplest solution is usually correct"

There are stories every day about drug deals gone bad, pickup attempts that end in murder, drug overdoses that end in people involved covering it up. All of those seem vastly more likely than some hair dye ruse or job offer bait.

Bottom line being the killing does not seem planned and was more likely a fit of rage or an accident.

Thank you to all the locals and familiar with Bourbon street for all the insight. I know I have only ever been there as a tourist....

Her shift didn't end til 3am and if the video shows her leaving around 2am, that is more than 20 minutes early. How common is it to leave early? If it is slow, do some girls go ahead and leave?

extremely common. terry speaks or whatever his real name is, was somewhat of a fixture on bourbon street, known at least casually to most strip club employees. i can't remember if he worked at stiletto's or lipstix (possibly both?), but i heard he was fired for tampering with the video surveillance system.

extremely common. terry speaks or whatever his real name is, was somewhat of a fixture on bourbon street, known at least casually to most strip club employees. i can't remember if he worked at stiletto's or lipstix (possibly both?), but i heard he was fired for tampering with the video surveillance system.

That happened at Stilettos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member