GUILTY LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 5 June 2012 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, guys. I didn't mean to be cryptic, and I wasn't singling out any one member. A link was posted and quoted several times. I find it interesting, too, if it is associated with TS, but...we have to be careful not to post links like that on the board. It's okay to talk about it and describe how it was found because the subject is pertinent to this case. What we want to avoid is sending traffic to that site from here.

Thanks for posting this as it has made me understand a little bit better why some links are allowed and some aren't allowed..

But it makes sense that if you post a link on this site that has nothing to do with the case it could possibly be damaging to whomever it belongs to...

Am I understanding correctly that if I were to post a link and lets say it includes the names, addresses, employment...etc of someone whom is not involved with the case at all when googled it will come up that it was posted here...then someone is damaged BC they now are being portrayed as a possible criminal or being involved in something they were actually not but had the misfortune of having the same name or something like that that possibly made them look like they did something wrong when they are really innocent???

Am I understanding the rule correctly??
Assuming I am It would make sense I guess....

I'm still new so I'm in a way nervous to post too many links for this reason!
I know I wouldn't want that to happen to me therefore I'd be devastated if I were the reason it happened to someone else....

So just wanted to say thx for making me understand......
(I hope I got this right...If not ima feel like a :floorlaugh: moron)

Just to clear some things up a bit, TS wasn't a bouncer, he was a door guy.

Though I've gotta admit that he carried himself as a bouncer.

Some peeps were exploring the possibility that MAS is the same woman who acted along with Charles Atwood's killing spree.
That person only spent five years in jail. Check that, I may have the facts wrong as I went over the case quickly.
MAS has two sons though, six and eight. She has a work history in the quarter.
Did she disappear for a long time or has she remained visible over the years?

I've been focusing on the possibilty that there is a connection between Addie/TS and haven't given the other angle much thought.
TS has a criminal record where MAS did not prior to June 2012. Therefore, how could she have spent time in prison (rhetorical ?).
I'm answering my own thoughts.

A MAJOR reason the idea that ZB wasn't Addie's killer, is because he left a note saying he killed her, her remains were all over their apartment and he was on video while he worked up the nerve to jump off the roof of the hotel. There's no evidence that MAS was there or anywhere with him along the way. Two of ZB's friends say they went out to clubs with him, he bartended a party for one of them, just days before he jumped. During this whole time he knew Addie's body was back in her/their apartment. That guy had some kind of break from reality that is beyond comprehension imo.

Maybe he suffered from an undiagnosed psychotic condition and the combo of him and Addie pushed him over the edge.
Still, it's difficult for a sane person to contemplate what he did to Addie and end up feeling any compassion for him.
It's really beyond one's comprehension imo.

This might be a silly question- Was Addie actually killed in that apartment, or is that where the other horrible stuff happened?

It makes sense that it would all happen in the same place - except the entire crime makes no sense.

From conversations with my brother im sure that jaren knew and trusted TS. He was the bouncer at the club next to temptations. Jaren worked at the club (stilettos) so jaren and TS worked together. Im not sure if she knew MS but prob did know her. What i think is messed up is TS bring a bouncer is in a trusted position ladies are spose to be able to goto them(bouncers) for protection not to get killed by them

This is so true!! I trusted them EVERY NIGHT I worked as a matter of fact!! Never once thinking they would ever hurt me! I trusted they would ALWAYS protect me not matter what!!! This just infuriates me to no end!!!

Especially that the club employed him as security all along his intentions were nothing good! And they would have known that if they would have just done a little research and I believe it's a good possibility that Jaren would still be here today if only that were true!

I really feel hillary and jaren are connected so does hillarys family. Me and hillarys cousin have become close lately since all this

also: can you tell me if Hillary ever employed at the restaurant Cracker Barrel a few years back in Slidell?? I'm trying to figure out if I once worked with her there...BC I worked with a girl there named Hillary and she had a daughter and was from BSL and she looked strikingly similar to the Hillary I read about that passed away! I believe the Hillary I knew dove a white car...She was a wonderful person and I was devastated when I put two in two together and I would just like to know for 100% certainty that these are the same Hillarys I believe strongly that it is but like I said I'm only about 80% sure....The Hillary I worked with at Cracker Barrel was so awesome...she had the most adorable personality and was a GREAT mother....and it makes ABSOLUTELY no sense to me that the Hillary I knew could have ever even looked at drugs much less OD...IMO if this is the same girl there is no doubt in my mind that she was murdered BC I NEVER knew her to do drugs!

If you could let me know if she was ever employed there in Slidell a few years back I would appreciate it just to kind of put my mind at ease...I really hope that whoever did this to these girls are haunted by their horrible actions for the rest of their lives and are cast into the depths of hell on judgement day!! I can't be sure that the first part of the previous statement be true as someone who does this cant possibly have a conscious but rest assured judgement day come and I would not want to be the perp!

This might be a silly question- Was Addie actually killed in that apartment, or is that where the other horrible stuff happened?

It makes sense that it would all happen in the same place - except the entire crime makes no sense.

Zack and Addie just moved in. They had been fighting for months previous to her death. Breaking up and getting back together. He would crash at friend's houses during the breakups. Right before the murder, they broke up again and Addie was about to be evicted from their apt. She found a new place on Rampart St. but needed cash to pay the deposit and first months rent so she called Zack. They both went to view the apt. and meet the landlord. They rented it on the spot. Zack threw down $2000 in cash. They started moving all their belonging to the new place then Zack went to work. Addie then went to the landlord and had him right up a lease with just her name. When Zack came home the next day she told him about the lease and that there was no way he was moving in with her. They argued on the stairs for hours until the landlord told them to move it inside. Which they did. They cont'd to argue until he strangled her to death that night.

I'm so glad to have Benny join us here because it seems that we were at a bit of a standstill with everything and the thread had slowed down considerably in the past few days. I was pleasantly surprised to see that it had gained 3 pages overnight. He has valuable insight into the situation and can help answer questions that we might have been able to only speculate on before. That is a huge help.

Ladybug86 (in post #103) brought up excellent points about background checks and why they are needed. That post was excellent and mere thanks are not enough! Ladybug86 covered a lot of points that Benny and I had previously discussed as to how employment in the Quarter is handled and how the lack of background checks can actually attract the wrong element. Actually it was less of a discussion and more of an education for me.

I was not surprised to learn about the lack of background checks or laws to prevent sex offenders from working there. (Here is Louisiana we still don't have a law that prevents sex offenders from being on a fire department, but that is another story!!) I believe it is time for Jaren's Law to cover a multitude of areas where sex offenders have NO business being. This would also be a lasting legacy and tribute to Jaren as well.

I am so thankful that the FBI is on this case because I believe it would go nowhere in the hands of the NOPD or even in Jefferson Parish where MAS and TS lived. Both NOPD and JPD have a long history of corruption, ineptitude and severe problems. I know there are some good cops among them but they aren't able to accomplish much in the overwhelmingly negative work atmosphere around them. So the FBI involvement is a great thing. They have a much better track record, better resources, experts and just a better EVERYTHING!

o/t but related to an ongoing discussion about those who work in the strip club industry. The dancers' courage and/or confidence to dance in front of people intrigues me. I don't think it's wrong to embrace your sexuality and, when appropriate, to be able to unleash it. It's not a healthy occupation though for woman when it comes to achieving wholeness in mind, body and spirit imo. If you think about it, a woman is dancing for the purpose of being a boy's toy. That pizzes me off. From what peeps say, the money can be good but at what price?

My dad worked in the advertising business as an illustrator/retoucher (before computers took over). He told me that he hated the way some men would laugh at and criticize the aspiring models who came into their office. In other words, a lot of men don't respect women for anything beyond their 'goods' and have no problem bringing them down surrounding that subject too.

Having said that, when young, most of us girls like to attract men's attention. Their attention makes us falsely think we are special even though there's another girl around every corner. We are but objects when we dance for the pleasure of men.

When I was in my early twenties, I had a boyfriend who was quite a bit older than me. That really has nothing to do with this story but, one night I was kind of tipsy, not drunk, and I began dancing (there were a few other people present) and I must have gotten carried away with the style of dance I chose. Well, he gave me the strangest look and basically told me to knock it off. His remark killed my mood instantly and I felt embarrassed (especially later). This same guy asked me to go to Mardi Gras with him and I went which must be the reason why this incident keeps popping up in my memory. Looking back, I haven't a clue why we were together. But, I must say, he treated me with respect even if he did kill any tendencies I had toward exhibitionism.

Now to my point ~ everybody who thinks that stripping is not a good profession for young women is not saying it from a place of judgement.
The opinion can stem from a place of wanting all young women to aim higher and avoid falling into the trap of a bad environment.

Honestly, this is one of the best ideas I have heard this year. I think you should bring this letter to your local state representative just as you have typed it -- there should be a law called Jaren's law and it should say that people employed in a security position at a "high risk" club such as bars, etc. (Places that close late at night where people will be walking to their cars, etc.) HAVE to have a criminal/employment history background check in order to be placed in these positions of trust. I absolutely agree that the owners of these clubs should either have a private guard hired to protect employees OR at minimum have done a proper background check. The only way that the clubs will do what you are askng is to threaten to sue them for failure to act in the way that a reasonable and prudent employer would act. I 100% agree with you and honestly it is a brilliant idea. We have "amber alert" and we should have "Jaren's law". Congratulations -- I beg you to contact you local representative and have him or her bring this bill up in the legislature. It will be one thing very positive. What you have proposed will change lives.

I wouldn't oppose to Jaren's family using my letter in any way! I want to see justice and I also agree with you that we should have a law of protection!

o/t but related to an ongoing discussion about those who work in the strip club industry. The dancers' courage and/or confidence to dance in front of people intrigues me. I don't think it's wrong to embrace your sexuality and, when appropriate, to be able to unleash it. It's not a healthy occupation though for woman when it comes to achieving wholeness in mind, body and spirit imo. If you think about it, a woman is dancing for the purpose of being a boy's toy. That pizzes me off. From what peeps say, the money can be good but at what price?

My dad worked in the advertising business as an illustrator/retoucher (before computers took over). He told me that he hated the way some men would laugh at and criticize the aspiring models who came into their office. In other words, a lot of men don't respect women for anything beyond their 'goods' and have no problem bringing them down surrounding that subject too.

Having said that, when young, most of us girls like to attract men's attention. Their attention makes us falsely think we are special even though there's another girl around every corner. We are but objects when we dance for the pleasure of men.

When I was in my early twenties, I had a boyfriend who was quite a bit older than me. That really has nothing to do with this story but, one night I was kind of tipsy, not drunk, and I began dancing (there were a few other people present) and I must have gotten carried away with the style of dance I chose. Well, he gave me the strangest look and basically told me to knock it off. His remark killed my mood instantly and I felt embarrassed (especially later). This same guy asked me to go to Mardi Gras with him and I went which must be the reason why this incident keeps popping up in my memory. Looking back, I haven't a clue why we were together. But, I must say, he treated me with respect even if he did kill any tendencies I had toward exhibitionism.

Now to my point ~ everybody who thinks that stripping is not a good profession for young women is not saying it from a place of judgement.
The opinion can stem from a place of wanting all young women to aim higher and avoid falling into the trap of a bad environment.

I can only speak for myself in response to this post... Like stated many times before, many of these girls ARE dancing to achieve higher goals. Many of my coworkers were struggling through school on their own, some raising children at the same time. Some of those friends got lost in the hustle and fell trapped to drugs and addicted to the money. I, personally, was going to school to become a radiologist and raising a special needs child with no help from his father OR THE STATE. I can tell you that, for me, it wasn't nurturing to my mind, body or soul. It was hard on my heart. I couldn't funtion in a normal relationship and for a long time chose not to be in a relationship because of my job, even AFTER I quit. I guess to truly understand the environment and the very many different walks of life a club can attract, you have to be in it. Not all clubs only attract drug dealing criminals and prostitutes. Many clubs bring about some people who are just stuck in a rut and need fast money until they are able to make it "honestly" (by society's standards). If your mind is strong enough and you play your cards right, you may end up being able to clean out your locker and hang up your platforms for good. But if you've got a weak mind and an even weaker will, you can fall victim to your own vices. The same can be said for the patrons. If a man can go in a club and have a good honest time, buying clean legal dances, then why not?! It's when he gives to his vices that the propositions start.

Many people say men wouldn't treat women so badly if these places didn't exist. But I think these places wouldn't exist if people didn't think of women like objects. So which came first? There's 10% (and I'm one of them) who can walk out after using the entire situation toward their advantage and come out unscathed. I'm no worse off bc I danced. I'm better bc I can smell a raw situation a mile away. I learned hard lessons through failure and can carry it with me. I'm wiser from it. I do not regret it. I do have, however, a deeper heart for people who get into that field and lose their way. I don't think JL was lost, I just think she trusted the wrong person in a sea of untrustworthy people. All she needed was one person to trust that night.

I don't think it's a good profession for anyone, I agree with you 100%. It wasn't good for me, but on the flip side of it, I benefited greatly from it. There is a huge chance for a young woman to go into dancing and bad things happen. But if you're lucky, you will come out of it better than before. I guess my point is that .... Well I dunno. My heart hurts for this lady and her family. I guess that's my point. :-(

I
Do a search on your cable box to find out. If you can. I can scroll through up to a week but I had to do a search b/c it was not showing on my lineup. It will not air at least for me till July 7th at 3am. I'm guessing b/c of it falling on the 4th.

I can serch the listings and get when it airs but i was wondering what channel abc was for me...my husband should know and then i will be able to look at the listings ..i really just needed to know what channel abc is in my area

I can only speak for myself in response to this post... Like stated many times before, many of these girls ARE dancing to achieve higher goals. Many of my coworkers were struggling through school on their own, some raising children at the same time. Some of those friends got lost in the hustle and fell trapped to drugs and addicted to the money. I, personally, was going to school to become a radiologist and raising a special needs child with no help from his father OR THE STATE. I can tell you that, for me, it wasn't nurturing to my mind, body or soul. It was hard on my heart. I couldn't funtion in a normal relationship and for a long time chose not to be in a relationship because of my job, even AFTER I quit. I guess to truly understand the environment and the very many different walks of life a club can attract, you have to be in it. Not all clubs only attract drug dealing criminals and prostitutes. Many clubs bring about some people who are just stuck in a rut and need fast money until they are able to make it "honestly" (by society's standards). If your mind is strong enough and you play your cards right, you may end up being able to clean out your locker and hang up your platforms for good. But if you've got a weak mind and an even weaker will, you can fall victim to your own vices. The same can be said for the patrons. If a man can go in a club and have a good honest time, buying clean legal dances, then why not?! It's when he gives to his vices that the propositions start.

Many people say men wouldn't treat women so badly if these places didn't exist. But I think these places wouldn't exist if people didn't think of women like objects. So which came first? There's 10% (and I'm one of them) who can walk out after using the entire situation toward their advantage and come out unscathed. I'm no worse off bc I danced. I'm better bc I can smell a raw situation a mile away. I learned hard lessons through failure and can carry it with me. I'm wiser from it. I do not regret it. I do have, however, a deeper heart for people who get into that field and lose their way. I don't think JL was lost, I just think she trusted the wrong person in a sea of untrustworthy people. All she needed was one person to trust that night.

I don't think it's a good profession for anyone, I agree with you 100%. It wasn't good for me, but on the flip side of it, I benefited greatly from it. There is a huge chance for a young woman to go into dancing and bad things happen. But if you're lucky, you will come out of it better than before. I guess my point is that .... Well I dunno. My heart hurts for this lady and her family. I guess that's my point. :-(
That is such a great & heartfelt post. I grew up in Tréme in Nola. It was a place you came out of in a body bag or handcuffs. The dentist told my mom not to bother w/ braces. 'she's never going to finish high school. She will probably end up waiting tables in the FQ, but she can prob make more money on the streets. She may have your looks, so it won't be too hard. But if you still want to do it I can make a deal if you come here in the evening & on Saturday.'
' I listened to every word, burned into my memory. My mother said no thank you.
The day I graduated from college, I went to his office but he retired. I found his house. He answered the door & I shoved my diploma in his face. I walked away.
I could have been a statistic. People expect if you live a certain way (on small income) or work in a certain place, (in a job they would never want their wife or sister or daughter to have) it makes you a non-entity.
You will survive all of this if you NEVER lose sight of who & what you are: a sentient being capable of love & laughter, & worthy of respect. May you live a blessed life.
'The world breaks everyone, & afterwards, many are strong in the broken places.'
Hemingway
Doña Mena

The names Puckett, Johnson and Hall, among others, have a long line of ancestors in the south to include NC.
They have their own cemetaries even if there are only two or three people buried in those locations.
Some of the cemetaries are larger.

I'm pressed to find much of anything on the Speaks name.
I'm beginning to wonder if that's even TCS's birth name.

Shoot, I spelled cemeteries wrong. :sigh:

I believe from his marriage and divorce records posted a while back he was married in 1991 and divorced in 1998. So, this may have been his wife.

Do we know where those records came from - the marriage/divorce records?
We have to double check that we're looking at official information.

It's easy for a con man to falsify information that can be found on the Internet.

The prison records that I know are accurate and true are accessible through the prison site.
It's a Federal law that they are available to citizens.
Not all records kept by the state are accessible to us (it varies by state and local laws).

Yes, as far as I know, she was killed in the apartment she shared with Zach. I think that's one of the things they had been fighting about, that she didn't want his name on the lease. They were constantly breaking up. One of his friends relayed that ZB had complained that she was kicking him out again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member