GUILTY LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 5 June 2012 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After watching another grieving family go through a very recent and public trail, it makes my heart hurt even more for Jaren's family, for her little girl. LE had these two monsters in custody, and now...nothing...a tease, then more nothing!!!??? The families left behind in the wake of heinous crimes shouldn't have to endure all this endless suffering on top of what they have already lost. :banghead:

Checking in for Jaren... holding out hope that Justice will come eventually! :please:

This is so ridiculous. It's very unfortunate they haven't been able to find the evidence they need yet, in order to convict these individuals.

I wonder if LE ever looked into Speaks and his credentials and the possibility that he was committing insurance fraud? Maybe that would at least keep him behind bars for a little bit longer.

I'm holding out hope that they have enough, but simply feel compelled to wait until the test results come back to make sure there are no surprises with the results. If there are no charges once those results come back, well, then I'm truly concerned.

One year ago today, two people lured 22-year-old mother Jaren Lockhart to leave her job with them.

She was stabbed and killed.

Her body was mutilated. She was decapitated and dismembered.

Her body parts were put out to sea to wash up in bits and pieces on the beach. Some of her body parts have never been recovered.

Two people were arrested, but never faced charges for Jaren's death and dismemberment. One person was sent away to prison in another state on other charges. One person still walks free. One day the imprisioned person will serve his sentence and walk free as well.

Where is the public outcry that one year later, no one has been charged in her death?

Where is justice for Jaren?

Question: who do I call to find out what the status is on this case?

I've been thinking so much about Jaren leading up to today, I just can't believe it's been a year and their has been no justice for this young mother and her family. How is that even possible? RIP Jaren, we are all still here and still waiting for justice for you. I just wish I knew what more could be done.

So sad to think that it has been a year and nothing has happened. Infuriating actually. I am still here, waiting for justice and getting mighty dang tired of waiting for "results" to come back. Will she even garner a mention in the news today?

Still here for Jaren too!! Do I dare hope that justice will indeed come?? Will be here waiting.... :please:

Well, that's not promising. I truly hope they have more.

It's the lack of any evidence left behind by these two clowns with bright blue and red hair that makes me think they were not the only two involved with this horrible crime. I can't see where they had enough time or intelligence to clean up a house, car, computer, phones, whereabouts, etc. not to have left some significant piece of evidence behind. And where are the toxicology results and reports from the ocean experts about the currents and possible locations her remains were placed?

There was a recent story in our local news about a young woman from Slidell who was given a lethal dose of N-Bomb/ I-25 by a "friend". She had an immediate and deadly reaction to this lethal synthetic drug that resulted in a seizure and cardiac arrest. She was taken off life support by her parents one day after.

As a middle school teacher, I've heard scary stories from parents about how their high school and college-age kids have easy access to this drug, especially at concerts, festivals, and larger parties. The side effects can be deadly as in the story of the twenty year old from Slidell.

I can see where something like this may have happened in Jaren's case- where what was intended to be a night of partying turned deadly. Where the ID of the host of the party is being protected by those who partook in the offerings. Where the two poi's may have been so out of it to not have been aware of what went down until they were left with Jaren's lifeless body.

I just don't see these two being smart enough to have covered up their tracks without the help of some more powerful and influential associates from the night they left Temptations with Jaren.

It's the lack of any evidence left behind by these two clowns with bright blue and red hair that makes me think they were not the only two involved with this horrible crime. I can't see where they had enough time or intelligence to clean up a house, car, computer, phones, whereabouts, etc. not to have left some significant piece of evidence behind. And where are the toxicology results and reports from the ocean experts about the currents and possible locations her remains were placed?

There was a recent story in our local news about a young woman from Slidell who was given a lethal dose of N-Bomb/ I-25 by a "friend". She had an immediate and deadly reaction to this lethal synthetic drug that resulted in a seizure and cardiac arrest. She was taken off life support by her parents one day after.

As a middle school teacher, I've heard scary stories from parents about how their high school and college-age kids have easy access to this drug, especially at concerts, festivals, and larger parties. The side effects can be deadly as in the story of the twenty year old from Slidell.

I can see where something like this may have happened in Jaren's case- where what was intended to be a night of partying turned deadly. Where the ID of the host of the party is being protected by those who partook in the offerings. Where the two poi's may have been so out of it to not have been aware of what went down until they were left with Jaren's lifeless body.

I just don't see these two being smart enough to have covered up their tracks without the help of some more powerful and influential associates from the night they left Temptations with Jaren.

I agree. But sometimes even stupid people get really lucky.

I agree. But sometimes even stupid people get really lucky.

Either scenario could play out in my estimation. What I have little doubt of in my own mind is the involvement of TS and MAS.

I can't remember this being discussed before, though I'm sure it was. Does anyone recall if LE was able to identify exactly what was being worn by TS and MAS when they were captured on video and does anyone recall if LE ever disclosed if those specific items of clothing were ever collected as evidence?

Either scenario could play out in my estimation. What I have little doubt of in my own mind is the involvement of TS and MAS.

I can't remember this being discussed before, though I'm sure it was. Does anyone recall if LE was able to identify exactly what was being worn by TS and MAS when they were captured on video and does anyone recall if LE ever disclosed if those specific items of clothing were ever collected as evidence?
I don't recall that information being released, but I would think they know from the video footage. We could see their clothing pretty clearly even in the little snip of the two entering the club. That's an excellent point, though. Wouldn't we love to know.

"We're certainly dealing with two areas that were cleaned up and cleaned up very well," he said.
I originally believed others were involved, but now this news makes me think differently. So which two areas? I keep thinking of the area roped off in the backyard. I wonder if that was the clean up station. The bathroom could be doused in bleach. It sounds like they were very thorough, so even drains might have been cleared of evidence.

I don't recall that information being released, but I would think they know from the video footage. We could see their clothing pretty clearly even in the little snip of the two entering the club. That's an excellent point, though. Wouldn't we love to know.

I originally believed others were involved, but now this news makes me think differently. So which two areas? I keep thinking of the area roped off in the backyard. I wonder if that was the clean up station. The bathroom could be doused in bleach. It sounds like they were very thorough, so even drains might have been cleared of evidence.

But if the main crime scene was the house in Kenner, would the Hancock LE still be in charge of the investigation or would the jurisdiction have changed? I don't recall reading that the MS LE were at the house in Kenner, but I could have missed it? It seems as though the investigation at the house was wrapped up rather quickly if it was the scene of Jaren's death and/or dismemberment -JMO.

I still think what happened to Jaren took place closer to where her remains were found along the MS coast. As out of it as these two appear to be, I don't think they would have taken the chance of driving around for any long period of time with Jaren's body- JMO also.

What's up with the amount of time it is taking to release any info about the FBI lab results? Is this the norm in a case like this?

But if the main crime scene was the house in Kenner, would the Hancock LE still be in charge of the investigation or would the jurisdiction have changed? I don't recall reading that the MS LE were at the house in Kenner, but I could have missed it? It seems as though the investigation at the house was wrapped up rather quickly if it was the scene of Jaren's death and/or dismemberment -JMO.

I still think what happened to Jaren took place closer to where her remains were found along the MS coast. As out of it as these two appear to be, I don't think they would have taken the chance of driving around for any long period of time with Jaren's body- JMO also.

What's up with the amount of time it is taking to release any info about the FBI lab results? Is this the norm in a case like this?
I'll have to search for a link. It's probably in the media thread. But, as I recall, since the remains were found in Hancock County, and no conclusion could be reached wrt place of death, Hancock County was granted jurisdiction. It seems that was partially based on the findings of the marine experts who said the remains were likely placed in the water near the vicinity of where they washed ashore. The house was searched prior to this taking place, and from what I remember, LE from multiple jurisdictions were on the scene. But before I go on any further, let me :findinglink:.

ETA: I love media threads. It's a shame members don't take advantage of them. It took about two minutes to find the information about the LE agencies at the Kenner house search.

Kenner home searched for possible clues in murder of New Orleans woman
wwltv.com
Posted on June 13, 2012 at 5:12 PM
Updated today at 5:21 PM
KENNER, La. – Several law enforcement agencies spent the bulk of the day Wednesday searching the Kenner home of 28-year-old Margaret Sanchez and taking out potential evidence.
Investigation into New Orleans woman's death involves Kenner, Hancock County, Tangipahoa, and federal court
wwltv.com
Posted on June 13, 2012 at 9:59 AM
Updated today at 6:21 PM
Investigators for the Hancock County Sheriff's Office said they will rely on evidence collected to determine where Lockhart was murdered, and multiple agencies are involved in the investigation the New Orleans Police Department, Kenner Police, St. Tammany and Tangipahoa parish sheriff's office, FBI and the U.S. Marshals
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Jaren Lockhart - Timeline and Media Links

As for how much times was spent on the search, a thorough search could be completed in a couple of days. The news cameras were on the scene in Kenner just one day, I believe, but we don't know if they returned, or how many times they returned. We've seen other cases, like Zahra Baker, where they removed plumbing, sections of walls and flooring, furniture, and bags and boxes galore in a couple of visits. It really depends on the circumstances. Sometimes an examination of the original evidence will provide clues that lead LE back to look for additional items.

Grannon and police in Kenner, La., the New Orleans suburb where Sanchez and Speaks lived, say evidence has been turned over to the forensics experts at the FBI. Grannon says some came from the house, some from the car in which the two were arrested last June. He declined to discuss the type of evidence except to say there wasn't much of it.
http://www.sunherald.com/2013/06/08/4720519/1-year-later-no-arrests-in-dancers.html
That right there tells us the two areas are the car and the house. If LE had ID'd an additional location, and conducted a search no less, I can't imagine we wouldn't have heard about it. As for driving around with the body parts, anyone who can dismember a body in that manner is certainly capable of driving an hour or two to dispose of it. MS went to work the next afternoon, early evening. I have a feeling while she was at work, TS was back at the house finishing up, and they probably drove to the coast later that night.

More on jurisdiction. Seems it's still a question mark.

UPDATED: Victim identified in beach torso case; couple last seen with her now in custody
By GEOFF BELCHER
Jun 13, 2012, 10:20
Although the case began within Bay St. Louis city limits, the sheriff's department took over jurisdiction, since the county owns the beaches.
"We're assuming it happened in Hancock County," Bass said on Tuesday, and we're proceeding as such."

If evidence surfaces that suggests she was killed outside Hancock County, Grannan said, "we won't stop investigating. Whatever jurisdiction it will turn out to be, we'll have to turn over (the lead role) to them, but we will continue to help. So far, we have all the evidence."
Another dancer says she was approached by suspects...
Sabrina Wilson
Fox8 Live
June 28, 2012
FOX 8 legal analyst Joe Raspanti said the case offers a tangle of jurisdiction issues.
"They gotta figure out where this young lady was killed, that's the main thing," Raspanti stated.
Another question Raspanti said must be answered is whether the victim was kidnapped from New Orleans.
"Where ever the murder occurred, you can bet that that's where the prosecution is going to start and finish," he said.
Mississippi to seek charges...
Associated Press
on April 12, 2013 at 5:40 PM
"We're not 100 percent sure where the homicide occurred but we know we have jurisdiction for the desecration of a corpse charges," Bass said in a telephone interview Friday.
One year later, no arrest in jaren Lockhart's death
June 8, 2013
By KEVIN McGILL — Associated Press
Studies of Gulf currents at the time indicate the body was dumped somewhere off the Mississippi coast, Grannan said.
Still, it remains unclear where she was killed and exactly where the body parts were disposed of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake12