Identified! LA - Jeff Davis Parish, Skeletal Remains Found on Oilfield Rd in Welsh, Oct'17 *Gayla Roy*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
[h=3]Skeletal remains found in Welsh[/h]
Skeletal remains were found Thursday morning in Welsh on Oilfield Road west of the town.

The Jeff Davis Parish Sheriff's Office is assisting with the investigation. The United States Postal Investigative Service's is handling the investigation.
KATC spoke to several residents about the body.While no one wanted to go on camera, they did say they saw a large police presence near the rail roads tracks on Oilfield Road.
http://www.katc.com/story/36594149/skeletal-remains-found-in-welsh

Hmm, close to my neck of the sticks. My car once broke down in front of a gas station in Welsh. Nearly got arrested for solicitation??? Old woman, border collie & younger helper, yeah, really, because it took over an hour for us to get a ride back to the town where I live, 20 minutes away. AAA asked if I could 'get a taxi?' Rural southwestern Louisiana?

But a skeleton in that area? Makes me think if there's a connection to the other horrible murders of girls left in out of the way places. Guess I'll be hanging around post office & having my helper call her friends at sherrif's office. Knowing this parish, it will be a while before any results are in, but everyone between Iowa, La and Gueydan will know first.

Why would the United States Postal Investigative Services be handling an investigation such as this?

Why would the United States Postal Investigative Services be handling an investigation such as this?
My guess is mail delivery person saw something..if you went on MSM for Welsh or J D parish there's already someone posting. Very small area everyone knows everyone. Welsh has been called a hot mess by locals for a long time.

Jeff Davis Parish authorities said skeletal remains were found Thursday in a wooded area off Oilfield Road near Lacassine.

DNA testing will be done to identity the remains, which were found by a federal agency following leads on a missing-person report from Texas, Sheriff Ivy Woods said Friday.
http://www.americanpress.com/news/l...cle_4f79a864-b10d-11e7-b356-a781a0ebdc5f.html

BBM. Very interesting. Are there any missing persons from Texas that we know have a LA connection?

No updates?? There's a a city of Harahan (LA) police car near JD courthouse. Anyone missing from River Road parishes?

There is another missing man from Texarkana. Missing since July I believe.

No updates?? There's a a city of Harahan (LA) police car near JD courthouse. Anyone missing from River Road parishes?
Harahan??? That's super odd. Harahan is my neighbor. Tiny tiny tiny and has its own police force. Their jurisdiction is only Harahan! We joke that they are only good for traffic tickets cause they honestly don't have much else to do in Harahan. The occasional car break in. They assist with traffic getting out of church. Why would Harahan be in Jefferson Davis parish?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Texas postal employee charged in connection with body found in Jeff Davis Parish
Little information was known about the situation when the U.S. Postal Service's Investigative Unit located the body on Oilfield Road, just south of I-10 in Jeff Davis Parish.

Last week, Don Gaines was charged in federal court with kidnapping a woman, whom he then transported from Texas to Louisiana and killed, according to information from the U.S. Attorney's Office, Southern District of Texas.

Ex-Postal Worker Accused of Kidnapping Could Face Death Penalty
A Houston man prosecutors say admitted to shooting the mother of two of his sons in the head and leaving her body in woods along a Louisiana interstate made his initial appearance Wednesday in a federal courtroom for a kidnapping charge that carries a possible death sentence.

Don Kentrell Gaines, 30, worked at a U.S. Postal Service distribution center in Houston with Gayla Roy, his former girlfriend with whom he fathered two sons, according to a criminal complaint unsealed Tuesday.

YOU WERE RIGHT!!!!!! Had you ever sent in that info?

I did not. I think LE had an idea of who she was from the beginning. Especially since it says in the first post of this thread: "The United States Postal Investigative Service's is handling the investigation." I have never seen a case where the USPO investigates human remains. Now we know for future cases-- if the Post Office is investigating there is most likely an employee involved. JMO.
OT: I wish the Postal Investigators would solve the case of missing Kierra Coles next.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back