LA - Jori Lirette, 7, found decapitated, Thibodaux, 14 Aug 2011 *Insanity*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IMO it's very hard for most of us to understand pure Evil.

He is evil.

Vigil is set for beheaded boy
12:27 AM, Aug. 21, 2011

A candlelight vigil for a 7-year-old disabled boy who was beheaded and dismembered is planned for today. A funeral for the boy is scheduled for Tuesday.

The vigil will take place at 7 p.m. in Peltier Park in Thibodaux.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20110821/NEWS01/108210323/Vigil-set-beheaded-boy

729933-jori-lirette.jpg

Jori Lirette

What a beautiful picture....That sweet little face and beautiful smile!

Run with the angels Jori...Laugh and sing and smile..........

I do not have a link for this, so y'all can take it or leave it. Hubby has a co-worker with ties to the jail this "daddy" is being kept in......reports are that "daddy" was beaten half to death his first night in jail, was patched up and put back into general population, where he was promptly beaten again.

I am NOT a believer in vigilantism but I have to admit that in this instance, I cannot blame the inmates who put action to their disgust in what "daddy" had done.

I do not have a link for this, so y'all can take it or leave it. Hubby has a co-worker with ties to the jail this "daddy" is being kept in......reports are that "daddy" was beaten half to death his first night in jail, was patched up and put back into general population, where he was promptly beaten again.

I am NOT a believer in vigilantism but I have to admit that in this instance, I cannot blame the inmates who put action to their disgust in what "daddy" had done.

The reports have all been that he's been in isolation since he was booked. I just googled Jori Lirette isolation and a ton of MSM articles popped in. I don't know.

I don't have friends in LE down there right now, but I did at one time, and I would be surprised to hear this did not happen. Normally, it would upset me, but in this case, not so much.

BeanE, I know the reports say he's been kept in isolation, officially, but who's to say he wasn't let out for awhile. For that matter, I doubt it was the inmates who had the first go at him.

Another small piece of my heart, totally gone. :(

Oh god it's worse than I thought!

I was hoping that boy never knew what hit him.

Pure evil............that man............if he wanted to make if fast he could have done so.

Not to give him AT LEAST THAT COMPASSION breaks my heart even more.

I don't have friends in LE down there right now, but I did at one time, and I would be surprised to hear this did not happen. Normally, it would upset me, but in this case, not so much.

BeanE, I know the reports say he's been kept in isolation, officially, but who's to say he wasn't let out for awhile. For that matter, I doubt it was the inmates who had the first go at him.

I'm probably wrong about this and it might differ from state to state but I remember an article about an inmate who was in isolation and they were required to allow him to have contact with people one hour a day. (I think it was one hour)

That was in a prison. Total isolation was defined as cruel and unusual punishment which confused me because I thought DR inmates were not allowed contact outside of the cells.

I wondered about that because I thought CA was in isolation the entire time she was in jail.

Maybe you or someone can straighten me out on this.

Pure evil.....trying to disguise itself as mental illness.

R.I.P. little Jori.

Jori's obituary. There is also a guest book you can sign on the page.

Jori Kyler Joseph Lirette, 7, was born April 8, 2004 and died Sunday, Aug. 14, 2011.

Visitation will be from 4 to 9 p.m. Monday at Thibodaux Funeral Home Chapel and from 8 a.m. to funeral time Tuesday at St. Genevieve Catholic Church in Thibodaux. Mass will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the church, with burial at St. Joseph Cemetery in Thibodaux.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/ho...53178652&refsvce=twitter#.TlHOFjyU6O0.twitter

Community mourns slain child
Updated yesterday at 10:22 PM

Some 500 people came to a vigil Sunday night for a 7-year-old disabled boy whose father is accused of beheading, Thibodaux police said.

Peltier Park was filled with those honoring the memory of Jori Lirette, with an almost constant stream of arrivals through the 90-minute vigil, said police spokesman Detective Ricky Ross.

Jori had cerebral palsy, heart problems, and limited speech.

http://www.wwltv.com/home/Community...tml?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

bilde

Thibodaux grieves for slain child at vigil

"Although we must all go through the grieving process, let us stop to celebrate Jori's life," said Mayor Tommy Eschete. "Although it is difficult to take anything positive out of this, we can all take comfort knowing that Thibodaux is a loving community. That's evident by how many people are here today."

snip

But the speaker that drew the most awed silence from the crowd was 27-year-old Jesslyn Lirette, Jori's mother.

As she stood trembling at the microphone Jesslyn read a letter to her slain son.

"I remember when you were born, and I first held your hand," Jesslyn said. "You weren't smiling then, but you are smiling now."

At one point, Jesslyn looked upwards and smiled with red-rimmed eyes.

"In heaven they say there is no pain, no illness," she said. "People say you're walking up there now, and I believe them. I just can't wait to see it myself."

http://www.dailycomet.com/article/20110821/HURBLOG/110829958/1315?p=2&tc=pg

In my heart I keep hoping and praying that the little boy was unconscious or dead before the ... you know. I can't even say it. Even animals are accorded more respect. The coroner mentioned bludgeoning...something in me believes that the father wants to really 'twist the knife' in the mom by going over the top in his confession. Confessions aren't necessarily scientific truth. Like another poster said, this wasn't mental illness, or being overburdened by the care of a disabled boy. It was pure evil intent -- he was very angry that he was being thrown out of the home. The abuser's final act of abuse -- harm the one thing that makes a mother live. I love my husband dearly, and he knows that the kids are my life. He knows that any harm to them is harm to me -- TEN FOLD. He saw his son as a nothing because he was disabled, premature, and unfit. That in itself breaks my heart. This little boy was a survivor...he wanted to live. The doctors gave him a chance. With his myriad of problems, HE WANTED TO LIVE. And his life was brutally snuffed out being a pawn between the mother and "father". i truly hope that local justice is meted out to him. Here in Texas, it is not unusual for the most hated murderers to get theirs before the sentence is handed out...by both officers and inmates. No one likes a child killer. I am glad this happened in LA and not up north, because he will be a dead man. And I hope the beatings wipe that smile off the 's face.

A volunteer firefighter spotted Jori's head by the side of a city street in Thibodaux, about 65 miles southwest of New Orleans, on Sunday, police said.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/08/16/louisiana.child.killing/index.html?hpt=ju_c2

As Lirette walked to court for Tuesday's hearing about whether Wright could afford an attorney, uniformed woman sheriff's deputies held her hands.

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/court-accused-la-dad-1112619.html

This is a case where the guards would completely cover for the inmates.
Nobody would be charged because they couldn't prove who did it, because no one would talk.

The thing is, I don't think you can get the death penalty without a trial. Maybe you can have a trial in front of just a judge instead of a jury, but I think you have to have a trial.

I don't know for sure though. IANAL. I'm just devastated by all this. I think about the terror and confusion and pain and feelings of betrayal and trying to cry and scream and fight and struggle and not being able to that little Jori went through, and I just can't stand it. I just can't. It's the most horrifying thing I've ever heard of. Beyond horrifying. I don't have words for it. I don't think there are words for it.

He could easily get the death penalty without a trial.
Let it be known that he confessed to doing this to his child and that he said the child was alive when he did it.
Then release him into general population.

Father accused of killing disabled son
Published: Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:00 PM

District Judge Ashly Bruce Simpson selected Kerry Cuccia, director of the Capital Defense Project of Southeast Louisiana, to represent 30-year-old Jeremiah Wright, The Daily Comet of Thibodaux, La., reported.

snip

District Attorney Cam Morvant II said it is too early to decide whether prosecutors will seek the death penalty against Wright.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2011...isabled-son/UPI-19711313596828/#ixzz1VJ0FkWUI

I would love for this DA to show me a case more deserving of the death penalty than this one... and I'm not really pro death penalty.
I have seen some horrifying cases... but this one is right up there if the details are true. This is a death penalty case if there ever was one.

This is a case where the guards would completely cover for the inmates.
Nobody would be charged because they couldn't prove who did it, because no one would talk.

He could easily get the death penalty without a trial.
Let it be known that he confessed to doing this to his child and that he said the child was alive when he did it.
Then release him into general population.

I would love for this DA to show me a case more deserving of the death penalty than this one... and I'm not really pro death penalty.
I have seen some horrifying cases... but this one is right up there if the details are true. This is a death penalty case if there ever was one.

Well, first, it's only a rumor that he was beaten. Second, personally, I think these LEOs, in this case above all others they've handled, are making darn sure they don't do anything that would give this guy an inch towards a case of violated constitutional rights or anything else that would fodder to those who would try to portray him as abused or a victim.

Just my personal opinion.

Ordinarily, I am neither for nor against the death penalty. If the perp is confined so he can't hurt anyone else, I'm fine. There are a few cases where I do feel the criminal is so evil, that we do need to remove them from the earth. Although confined, that kind of evil, such as this perp's, can only bring great harm to the world, and to humanity.

I want this perp put to death, and as soon as possible. It pains me that, if given the death penalty, it will take years and years until he's removed from this earth, and that during that time, he will be given lots of publicity.

I don't think, legally, a confession alone is sufficient, particularly in death penalty case, but IANAL. Nevertheless, I am 100% confident that in this case, and very sadly for poor little Jori, LE and the DA have more than ample evidence for a slam dunk case.

I just wish there was a way to speed up the process. Look at the Joseph Edward Duncan cases. His cases have dragged on and on and on, and unbelievably, that evil criminal is still alive, despite, again, more than ample mounds of evidence, in multiple, vicious, cold-blooded murders of both children and adults.

Locals Prepare To Say Goodbye To Slain Thibodaux Boy

"His smile radiated love, although he was not able to communicate verbally with us. We think that his language of love was communicated through his smile for others," Danos said.

snip

Hundreds of locals are expected to pack the church the child attended, which seats 800. Danos said the funeral Mass of the angels will be standing room only.

snip

Tuesday's funeral mass will be held at St. Genevieve Catholic Church at 11 a.m. Jori will be laid to rest at St. Joseph's cemetery

http://www.wdsu.com/news/28943435/detail.html#ixzz1VqY6PmBD

Funeral Tuesday for disabled boy who was beheaded

"The prayers are directed towards children and certainly Jori is one of our angels," the Rev. Dean Danos, pastor of St. Genevieve Catholic Church, said Monday. "An angel is a spirit that guides and protects us here on earth. Everyone has an angel, and Jori is certainly an angel because he knew no wrong."

http://www.dailycomet.com/article/2...ral-Tuesday-for-disabled-boy-who-was-beheaded

Thibodaux officials to appear on ‘Dr. Drew'

Thibodaux Police Chief Scott Silverii and Mayor Tommy Eschete will appear on tonight's episode of “Dr. Drew,” to discuss last week's slaying of a 7-year-old as well as the community's reaction.

The show will air on CNN's Headline News network at 8 p.m. Silverii said he and Eschete filmed the episode, with host Drew Pinsky, Monday night in New Orleans.

http://www.dailycomet.com/article/2...hibodaux-officials-to-appear-on-8216-Dr-Drew-

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back