LA - Jori Lirette, 7, found decapitated, Thibodaux, 14 Aug 2011 *Insanity*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I had hoped and prayed too that Jori was already deceased when he was decapitated. It horrifies me that he was alive, and not only that, but that because of his cerebral palsy, he could not fight, he could not scream, and he could barely even cry.

It has destroyed something in me that anyone could do something so heinously evil to any child, let alone a disabled child.

It's the defenslessness of child victims that gets to me. A child so defenseless as Jori. Well, I just have no words. He could barely even cry.

To make it worse, he was asleep when the monster got him, then a bag put over his head. Poor Jori would have been confused, not knowing what was happening to him, and then the horrific pain, the terror, the realization that this was his own father doing this to him.

I just have never heard of a worse murder of a child. The terror, the pain, the feelings of betrayal, the inability to fight, and being barely able to cry.

I'm by no means a sensationalist - quite the opposite actually. I'm convinced though from what I've read that Jori was alive when decapitated. I can't, I won't minimize what happened to him. If LE or the DA tells me (us, the public) differently, then I'll adjust my opinion. Till then, I'm going by this, as well as the research I've done:

- The murder weapon found and reported was a saw - not a bat, not a hammer.

- Once she left, Wright picked Jori up and carried him to the kitchen sink, he told police. Wright said he didn’t want to look at Jori, so he put a plastic shopping bag over the boy’s head.

Jori gasped and started to cry when Wright first began to saw back and forth on Jori’s neck with a saw from his toolbox, the report says. He next cut off Jori’s limbs at the elbows and knees.

A part of me has died inside. As a mother, his death weighs on my mind. If this monster is put to death, he is merely put to sleep. This poor boy wasn't afforded that luxury. I really honestly have a hard time with Jori's death. People probably think I'm crazy because i don't know him, but it doesn't matter. I'm a mother.

I know they found the saw, but the blunt force trauma makes me hope that he was at least struck unconscious. I don't know. I'm sure an autopsy report will be made public as the public still can't believe this sort of crime against someone so fragile. I can only hope that he did bleed very quickly..I can't sleep knowing a defenseless child suffered..

Blunt force trauma doesn't even have to be the head. A beating victim can die from abdominal bleeding from blunt force trauma as well.
There can really be blunt force trauma anywhere.

When my daughter managed to cut her finger off with an unopened can of soup... (which still makes me sick 2+ years later...)
It was listed as a "blunt force, crushing injury resulting in near complete amputation." :sick:

It was explained to me as.... there wasn't any sharp object, just the edge of the soup can... it required "blunt force" (her weight) to do the damage and "crushed" the bone in the process. :sick:

So it is possible that there could be separate blunt force trauma that had nothing to do with the head. The saw could even be considered blunt force. I've used a knife and I've used a saw... my Dad cut his thumb off with a table saw several years ago. (Genetic I guess.)

I wouldn't consider a saw a "slashing" injury like slitting someone's throat. It just seems like it would require so much more "force."

This case is hitting me hard. I have two children with special needs. That incident with my daughter's finger makes me sick when I think about what actually happened. Those words "crushing" and "force"... that is my baby's finger and we have done heart surgery and all sorts of stuff...

Something like this case... I don't know how I would still be alive. I think the first time I imagined what my child went through... I would probably have taken my life if I could move at all. I wouldn't have been able to live knowing what my child endured.

In this case, unfortunately... I have to once again agree with BeanE. It sounds like the saw was the murder weapon. I hope we are wrong.

It sounds like he started as soon as Mom left and probably just wanted to make sure he was done before she got home. Beating the child unconscious would have taken time and he didn't want to risk that. Mom had to pull up and "feel stupid" when she saw what he had done. :banghead:

That's what confuses me though. Blunt force trauma/bludgeoning is specifically defined when a blunt instrument (i.e. bat, mallet, etc.) comes in contact with the head. Sharp/cutting injuries come from things like swords, knives, things with serrated edges. In a decap situation, that would be considered a slashing injury. I am not dwelling on the morbid as a result of any sick curiousity, but rather hope - albeit faint - that the child was at least struck dead, or unconscious before such a horrible act was performed. It isn't impossible that this animal wanted to make his confession as horrid as he could to stick it to the mother. He knows he's basically a dead man -- he has nothing to lose, really. He hated her that much and was a classic case of an abuser. When she finally had enough, he inflicted the ultimate act and gave her a fate worse than a death sentence. As a mother, I'd rather die than sacrifice my child. I couldn't live really. I've read and been exposed to many sickening things, but this is absolutely the worst and even though I didn't know this sweet boy, his death chills and makes me cry.

5 page article:

If the devil made Jeremiah Wright brutally kill his 7-year-old son, family and friends say they never saw it coming.

Wright is one of at least 11 siblings and half-siblings born from his mother, Rachelle Gros.

Wright's biological father, Bruce Mickell Wright, did not help raise his son, family and friends said.

Rachelle has struggled with drug addiction for years
, Donald said.

In an earlier interview, Rachelle Gros said Jeremiah was her “most loving child.”

As a teen, Donald Gros said, Wright got into some trouble but was never violent. [/B]

Those close to Jesslyn and Wright said she was the breadwinner, while Wright spent his days with Jori.

None of the people interviewed for this story, including Jesslyn, said Wright was a bad father.

He stayed at home all day with Jori,
who had cerebral palsy. The boy was confined to a wheelchair and was fed via a tube.

“He spent so many years taking care of Jori,”
Gabby Chatagnier said.

In 2004, Jesslyn sought and received a pair of restraining orders, barring Wright from going near her or Jori.

In court papers, she told the judge Wright pushed her while pregnant with Jori and that he had spoken about murdering his infant son.

http://www.dailycomet.com/article/20110827/ARTICLES/110829595/1026/sitemaps

A 30-year-old Thibodaux man accused of decapitating his 7-year-old disabled son last week was indicted by a Lafourche grand jury Friday morning.

Wright was indicted on a first-degree murder charge.

District Attorney Cam Morvant II has said it is too early to make a decision on whether to pursue the death penalty.

http://www.wwltv.com/news/lafourche...r-accused-of-decapitating-son--128468343.html

5 page article:

If the devil made Jeremiah Wright brutally kill his 7-year-old son, family and friends say they never saw it coming.

Wright is one of at least 11 siblings and half-siblings born from his mother, Rachelle Gros.

Wright's biological father, Bruce Mickell Wright, did not help raise his son, family and friends said.

, Donald said.

In an earlier interview, Rachelle Gros said Jeremiah was her “most loving child.”

As a teen, Donald Gros said, Wright got into some trouble but was never violent. [/B]

Those close to Jesslyn and Wright said she was the breadwinner, while Wright spent his days with Jori.

None of the people interviewed for this story, including Jesslyn, said Wright was a bad father.

who had cerebral palsy. The boy was confined to a wheelchair and was fed via a tube.

Gabby Chatagnier said.

In 2004, Jesslyn sought and received a pair of restraining orders, barring Wright from going near her or Jori.

In court papers, she told the judge Wright pushed her while pregnant with Jori and that he had spoken about murdering his infant son.

A 30-year-old Thibodaux man accused of decapitating his 7-year-old disabled son last week was indicted by a Lafourche grand jury Friday morning.

District Attorney Cam Morvant II has said it is too early to make a decision on whether to pursue the death penalty.

http://www.wwltv.com/news/lafourche...r-accused-of-decapitating-son--128468343.html

If he threatened to kill him why did she go back with him! I wonder how long they have been back together. There must have been other abuse and possibly that is why she was leaving him or throwing him out again.

So horrible! So sad.

I keep wondering why she went back too, she claimed on her blog that he caused her to miscarry the first child and he wanted her to let Jori die. I personally couldn't even be in the same room as a man like that ever, if he had said those things to me. Whatever her reasons for taking him back, i cannot imagine the pain she feels now beating herself up over that decision.

Jori fought all the odds from his first breath. I hope that monster dies a terrible death for what he did. There is a special place in hell for creatures like him.

I keep wondering why she went back too, she claimed on her blog that he caused her to miscarry the first child and he wanted her to let Jori die. I personally couldn't even be in the same room as a man like that ever, if he had said those things to me. Whatever her reasons for taking him back, i cannot imagine the pain she feels now beating herself up over that decision.

Jori fought all the odds from his first breath. I hope that monster dies a terrible death for what he did. There is a special place in hell for creatures like him.

I could never love a man that much! He may get his special place in Hell here first.

5 page article:

, Donald said.

Gabby Chatagnier said.

It's difficult to imagine that his friends truly saw no evil in him. I just don't believe someone turns that completely evil in a blink of an eye.

It's difficult to imagine that his friends truly saw no evil in him. I just don't believe someone turns that completely evil in a blink of an eye.

I agree. He probably abused the child but since Jori couldn't speak up it went unnoticed. Either she ignored it and believed Jori just bruised easily.

I agree. He probably abused the child but since Jori couldn't speak up it went unnoticed. Either she ignored it and believed Jori just bruised easily.

A few years ago we were at some sort of board meeting. For some reason abuse was brought up and information on that was passed out.
Another board member who's daughter was also 5 or 6 at the time... turned very pale and was extremely upset.
She had never seen the abuse statistics for children with disabilities before. She was totally freaked out for weeks.
When I am told that the crappy education isn't a good enough reason to home school my kids? I send out these statistics.

Here are the ones most likely to apply to Jori... his disabilities and the boys statistics.

http://www.domesticviolenceservices.com/disability-children.html

Sullivan and Knutson identified 4,503 maltreated children, 1,012 of whom also had an identified disability. The overall rate of maltreatment for children without disabilities was 11%.

For children with disabilities, the overall rate was 31%.
They found that children with disabilities were 3.4 times more likely to be neglected, and physically, emotionally, or sexually abused compared with children who do not have disabilities.

Children with speech and language difficulties have five times the risk for neglect and physical abuse, three times the risk for sexual abuse.

Children who are cognitively disabled have four times the risk for all four types of maltreatment.

Children with learning or orthopedic disabilities have twice the risk for all types of maltreatment.

The children at highest risk were those with behavioral disorders. Their risk is seven times higher for neglect, physical abuse and emotional abuse, and 5.5 times higher for sexual abuse than are children without disabilities.

http://www.safe.eku.edu/survivors/disabilities/

15.2% of children who are sexually abused have disabilities.

Males with disabilities are twice as likely as males without disabilities to be sexually abused in their lifetime.

Among developmentally disabled adults
, as many as 83% of the females and 32% of the males are the victims of sexual assault.

Only 3% of sexual abuse cases involving people with developmental disabilities are ever reported.

88 to 98% of sexual abusers are male and are known by the victim/survivor who has disabilities.

33% of abusers are acquaintances, 33% are natural or foster family members, and 25% are caregivers or service providers.

A few years ago we were at some sort of board meeting. For some reason abuse was brought up and information on that was passed out.
Another board member who's daughter was also 5 or 6 at the time... turned very pale and was extremely upset.
She had never seen the abuse statistics for children with disabilities before. She was totally freaked out for weeks.
When I am told that the crappy education isn't a good enough reason to home school my kids? I send out these statistics.

Here are the ones most likely to apply to Jori... his disabilities and the boys statistics.

http://www.domesticviolenceservices.com/disability-children.html

Sullivan and Knutson identified 4,503 maltreated children, 1,012 of whom also had an identified disability. The overall rate of maltreatment for children without disabilities was 11%.

For children with disabilities, the overall rate was 31%.
They found that children with disabilities were 3.4 times more likely to be neglected, and physically, emotionally, or sexually abused compared with children who do not have disabilities.

Children with speech and language difficulties have five times the risk for neglect and physical abuse, three times the risk for sexual abuse.

Children who are cognitively disabled have four times the risk for all four types of maltreatment.

Children with learning or orthopedic disabilities have twice the risk for all types of maltreatment.

The children at highest risk were those with behavioral disorders. Their risk is seven times higher for neglect, physical abuse and emotional abuse, and 5.5 times higher for sexual abuse than are children without disabilities.

http://www.safe.eku.edu/survivors/disabilities/

15.2% of children who are sexually abused have disabilities.

Males with disabilities are twice as likely as males without disabilities to be sexually abused in their lifetime.

Among developmentally disabled adults
, as many as 83% of the females and 32% of the males are the victims of sexual assault.

Only 3% of sexual abuse cases involving people with developmental disabilities are ever reported.

88 to 98% of sexual abusers are male and are known by the victim/survivor who has disabilities.

33% of abusers are acquaintances, 33% are natural or foster family members, and 25% are caregivers or service providers.

Thank you so much for an excellent post.

EVIL, pure evil to the core.

If this case doesn't have death penalty all over, then none ever will.

I would fight until the last breath in my body to protect my children. I have a pit in my stomach after reading BeanE's link.

That monster is NOT crazy, mentally ill, whatever, he is EVIL to the core!!

Coward had to put a plastic bag on Jori's head so he didn't have to look at his face while he was decapitating him. EVIL COWARD!

Doctors to decide alleged killer's sanity

On Monday morning, District Judge Hugh Larose granted a motion filed by Wright's attorney, Kerry Cuccia, saying his client does not comprehend the charges against him and cannot properly assist lawyers appointed to represent him.

The sanity commission, comprised of two doctors, is now overseen by Judge John LeBlanc, and the results are expected to be given to him during a hearing at 1:30 p.m. Oct. 17. Other motions expected to be filed by prosecutors by Wednesday will be heard at 1:30 p.m. Sept. 14.

http://www.houmatoday.com/article/2...tle=Doctors-to-decide-alleged-killer-s-sanity

Prosecutor wants their own expert to examine him... before an insanity plea.

http://www.klfy.com/story/15372096/prosecutor-examine-sanity-at-time-of-killing

Counseling for police dealing with boy's death

Any employee who had anything to do with the case, from dispatchers to detectives, was required to attend, and others could voluntarily join.
Silverii said officers can participate in future sessions if they choose.

"Professionally, there's that automatic mind set," Silverii said.
"'I have to secure the crime scene. I have to look for evidence. I have to look for witnesses.'
But no matter how well you're trained, you're still human."

http://www.chron.com/news/article/Counseling-for-police-dealing-with-boy-s-death-2160661.php

Prosecutor wants their own expert to examine him... before an insanity plea.

http://www.klfy.com/story/15372096/prosecutor-examine-sanity-at-time-of-killing

Counseling for police dealing with boy's death

Any employee who had anything to do with the case, from dispatchers to detectives, was required to attend, and others could voluntarily join.
Silverii said officers can participate in future sessions if they choose.

"Professionally, there's that automatic mind set," Silverii said.
"'I have to secure the crime scene. I have to look for evidence. I have to look for witnesses.'
But no matter how well you're trained, you're still human."

http://www.chron.com/news/article/Counseling-for-police-dealing-with-boy-s-death-2160661.php

I'm sure this was tramatic to anyone involved. It bothers me just knowing a child has been abused or murdered that I don't know what I would do if I had to see the things they have to see.

I hope Jori's mother is getting counseling. She saw a horrendous site and this is her child. I'm sure she is having a hard time coping with it.

If he threatened to kill him why did she go back with him! I wonder how long they have been back together. There must have been other abuse and possibly that is why she was leaving him or throwing him out again.

So horrible! So sad.

Can abuse while pregnant cause Cerebral palsy, I wonder?!

Can abuse while pregnant cause Cerebral palsy, I wonder?!

My best friend had a baby boy born with cerebral palsy. One of the causes is a disruption or interruption of brain development before birth.

Josh died at 5 months old in her arms. Doctors said he would never live past 2months but she took him home and was relentless with him. Her husband had already left her. He left after the baby was born within days.

She told me her husband had beaten her several times when she was pregnant so I believe that could be one of the causes.

I read something recently about cerebral palsy but have not been able to locate the article. I am positive it mentioned abuse as one of the causes. There are a lot of other causes too but the reason I remember abuse is because of Josh.

I went to church with a family who had a little boy with CP. He was the sweetest little guy. Smiled all the time and the cutest laugh. He could say a few words. He was 5 when he died. These children don't live a long life but they are so precious while we have them.

I guess that's why Jori hurts my heart. Every abused child hurts me but I feel like I knew Jori. I look at his smile and know what he was like. These children give love all the time. They can't take care of themselves but they have so much love in them.

I don't believe Jori's father's act for one minute. But you know what, Jori would forgive him anything because that's the way CP children are.

I'm sure this was tramatic to anyone involved. It bothers me just knowing a child has been abused or murdered that I don't know what I would do if I had to see the things they have to see.

I hope Jori's mother is getting counseling. She saw a horrendous site and this is her child. I'm sure she is having a hard time coping with it.

The firefighter (passing motorist) found Jori where his mother was supposed to find him... I don't *think* Jori's mother saw anything... it was moved before she arrived home. The rest was in bags out back and I am guessing they didn't let her in the house to see anything in there...

http://www.dailycomet.com/article/20110817/ARTICLES/110819567/1026/sitemaps05

A passing motorist alerted police after spotting the boy's head at the curbside. His body was found in a white trash bag nearby.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/arti...indicts-man-son-s-beheading-?odyssey=nav|head

According to the police affidavit, Wright told police that he left the child's head by the side of the road so Jesslyn Lirette would see it when she came home and "feel stupid." By the time she arrived, police were already there and had removed the head.

August 17...

Jesslyn said she has been crying nonstop for the last two days.

“It's very hard to say he was a good dad, but he was,”
Jesslyn said.

“The mutilation of his body was uncalled for.”

In mid-July, the couple got into an argument
because Wright had a job for two days and quit, a Thibodaux Police report says.

Jesslyn has said she and Wright decided to work it out after the incident, even after he was physically and emotionally abusive toward her and Jori.

In September 2004, Jesslyn wrote, Wright “was tired of seeing the baby suffer and wanted him dead (and) that I needed to do something about his suffering.”

http://www.dailycomet.com/article/20110817/ARTICLES/110819567/1026/sitemaps05?p=2&tc=pg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seng Naw
Back