LA - Jori Lirette, 7, found decapitated, Thibodaux, 14 Aug 2011 *Insanity*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BBM

I see what you're saying, AnaTeresa..thanks for the clarification.
I can only hope that once he is medicated, he sees his crime with crystal clear clarity in his head, day after day after day!
Oh, yeah and then is thrown in prison where he'll meet up with people just as equally if not more crazy!! :furious:

BBM. This definitely needs to be repeated. I hope so too.

Transferred to a mental hospital...

Judge Leblanc also ordered a Status Conference.
It is scheduled for January 31, 2012 in Division "A" of the 17th Judicial District Court.

http://www.fox8live.com/news/local/...-to-Mental-Health/q6hS2XD2ZECYYWxxdOQmXg.cspx

Some kids with disabilities bang their heads against walls.

I don't think Jori had enough motor skills to bang his head against the wall. I don't even think he could crawl. If he could, that was a new thing... I can't remember or find a link specific about it.

There are innocent explanations for bruises. It could be as simple as bumping him into something when someone is carrying him.

http://www.dailycomet.com/article/20110817/ARTICLES/110819567?p=2&tc=pg

For most of his life, he was confined to a wheelchair with cerebral palsy.
His motor function was limited, and forming words was especially difficult.

Serving the dead as a higher calling

There's something spiritual about embalming for Glenn Bergeron and Stephen Kees, who tend to bodies at a funeral home in Louisiana. Their sense of obligation to the dead helps them persevere when the work is difficult, like when they repaired the torn body of a young boy.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationw...ft_interface=m_faceweb_android&_ft_c=m&fwcl=1

WOW an amazing story SuziQ. Thanks for sharing this. We often forget about the people that have to do the "dirty work' after the crime. In this case, they handled the aftercare of Jori with so much respect and compassion. Very touching. Restores my faith in humanity after a tragedy such as this one...

What a beautifully written article!

God bless this team who worked with so much love, respect, and compassion on this precious baby boy.

I keep crying too. Mom wanted to see her son one more time...these guys made it happen.

I must comment on one more thing...

The fact that the guy put a flashlight in Jori's little hands before he closed the casket because his mother told him that he was afraid of the dark.

Fills my heart!

Those special touches mean so much to a family.

O/T Personal story:
When my grandmother died, the local Funeral home prepared her body. My grandmother was a member of this community all her life. Everybody knew her pretty much.

I bent down to kiss her head before I said my final goodbye, and I smelled sweet pea. Sweet pea was her favorite scent. She would ask us to spray her pillow before she went to bed every night.
Well at first I thought I was imagining it. I turned to my sister and asked her about it.
The funeral director was behind us and smiled and said she knew my grandmother loved sweet pea so she sprayed her pillow in the casket with it.

I can not begin to tell you how that comforted me. My grandmother's pillow was sprayed just like always for her final resting place.

I must comment on one more thing...

The fact that the guy put a flashlight in Jori's little hands before he closed the casket because his mother told him that he was afraid of the dark.

Fills my heart!

Those special touches mean so much to a family.

O/T Personal story:
When my grandmother died, the local Funeral home prepared her body. My grandmother was a member of this community all her life. Everybody knew her pretty much.

I bent down to kiss her head before I said my final goodbye, and I smelled sweet pea. Sweet pea was her favorite scent. She would ask us to spray her pillow before she went to bed every night.
Well at first I thought I was imagining it. I turned to my sister and asked her about it.
The funeral director was behind us and smiled and said she knew my grandmother loved sweet pea so she sprayed her pillow in the casket with it.

I can not begin to tell you how that comforted me. My grandmother's pillow was sprayed just like always for her final resting place.

I promised myself that I wouldn't post in this thread, but your post has compelled me to share the story of my personal Hero's passing and the compassion of a country funeral director in my home community.

My grandfather died in 1982, having lived his life as an illiterate dirt farmer who was the smartest man I ever knew. He was well known in our country community for the size and quality of the vegatable garden he planted, just to keep busy, in his retirement years. It was also well known that anything in this garden was free to all for the picking and at one time or another over the years, most had been there to get a "mess" of tomatoes, corn, beans, or whatever was ready.

By 1982, I was grown and out attacking the world on my own, usually getting home once or twice a month. I didn't know that the local funeral director had been coming by the garden and had developed a deep friendship with my grandfather until he was gone.

When I went to the casket for my last time, I noticed a small glass vial with a ribbon around the top in his hands. When the funeral director saw the puzzlement on my face, he came to the casket and put his arm around my shoulders and told me about his time with my grandfather.

In the vial was dirt from my grandfather's garden that this man had taken on himself to go and get from our farm the night before.

I know your feeling of comfort very well, my friend.

I promised myself that I wouldn't post in this thread, but your post has compelled me to share the story of my personal Hero's passing and the compassion of a country funeral director in my home community.

My grandfather died in 1982, having lived his life as an illiterate dirt farmer who was the smartest man I ever knew. He was well known in our country community for the size and quality of the vegatable garden he planted, just to keep busy, in his retirement years. It was also well known that anything in this garden was free to all for the picking and at one time or another over the years, most had been there to get a "mess" of tomatoes, corn, beans, or whatever was ready.

By 1982, I was grown and out attacking the world on my own, usually getting home once or twice a month. I didn't know that the local funeral director had been coming by the garden and had developed a deep friendship with my grandfather until he was gone.

When I went to the casket for my last time, I noticed a small glass vial with a ribbon around the top in his hands. When the funeral director saw the puzzlement on my face, he came to the casket and put his arm around my shoulders and told me about his time with my grandfather.

In the vial was dirt from my grandfather's garden that this man had taken on himself to go and get from our farm the night before.

I know your feeling of comfort very well, my friend.

:smile:

Sometimes it's life's smallest things that mean the most.

March 8, 2012

The mental-health facility that is now home to the Thibodaux man accused of killing his 7-year-old disabled son has not finished the evaluation designed to determine if he's mentally competent to stand trial.

---------------

The facility has agreed to send a report in a week,
LeBlanc said.

The facility expects to finish its evaluation in May,
said Ken Pastorick, spokesman for the state Department of Health and Hospitals.
LeBlanc scheduled another status hearing for March 26.

http://www.houmatoday.com/article/2...e=Accused-killer-s-mental-state-still-unclear

At least they're being thorough and not slapdash.

There's something spiritual about embalming for Glenn Bergeron and Stephen Kees, who tend to bodies at a funeral home in Louisiana. Their sense of obligation to the dead helps them persevere when the work is difficult, like when they repaired the torn body of a young boy.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationw...ft_interface=m_faceweb_android&_ft_c=m&fwcl=1

What a beautiful article. OMG. Balling my eyes out. Thank-you for posting. :(

What a beautiful article. I am deeply touched by these wonderful people!

Heck, I could have determined that from the get go. This evil entity was proud of himself, and reveled in detailing the gory details. But then his demeanor changed when he was arrested, and of course, he got an attorney and he got the right to remain silent, except to his attorney, of course. There are some truly evil people in this world, who commit the most despicable crimes and have no remorse. Lots of us "normal" people hear of these outrageous acts and think, had to be insane to do such a thing. No normal person could/would behave in such horrific ways. Sadly, there exists those who have intentionally created a name plus fame for themselves, and delighted in being evil. Unfortunately, some still prowl the streets, and are legally able to smirk for the camera and flip off the public. What hasn't evolved is a superior predator to rid society of these evil creatures.
IMO

What a beautiful article. And truly a relief for me to find here. Because I have been 'unable' to even click on this thread since it started. Just reading the TITLE, and knowing the little I know, has made irt nearly impossible for me to stomach it. So I was in tears reading that wonderful description of those amazing souls. :rose:

I hope they seek the death penalty in this case. Jori deserves justice!

Balloon release marks one year since Jori Lirette died

With a prayer and moment of silence, Jori's memory filled the evening sky with each balloon turning Jori's larger-than-life personality into a beacon of hope.

A candlelight vigil is scheduled August 25th at the Louisiana State Capitol at 7 p.m. Supporters are also pushing for a new law, Jori's Law, to prevent child abuse against children with Cerebral Palsy.

http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=19279198

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back