LA - Jori Lirette, 7, found decapitated, Thibodaux, 14 Aug 2011 *Insanity*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It is awful that Jori's father refers to him as the Dummy, even now!

Hearing October 17 probably won't be made public for a while. Maybe not until trial. I wonder how Jori's mother is doing.

This is so horrible!

Alleged killer’s mental-exam scope scaled back
Results of Jeremiah Wright’s competence hearing to be presented Oct. 17.
Published: Saturday, October 1, 2011 at 6:01 a.m.
Last Modified: Saturday, October 1, 2011 at 11:58 p.m.

At a second hearing, LeBlanc granted a request from District Attorney Cam Morvant II to expand the scope of the already ordered sanity commission to include a determination of whether Wright was sane at the time of the crime.

But LeBlanc issued an order repealing that request last week, telling the commission to determine whether Wright is competent to stand trial and assist in his own defense.

Katherine Mattes, a professor at Tulane University Law School in New Orleans, previously told The Courier and Daily Comet that evaluating whether Wright was sane at the time of the crime is “arguably premature” because Wright has not entered a plea of not guilty by reason of insanity.

“The defense hasn’t raised that claim,” she said. “It’s still not an issue.”

She also said the issue of Wright’s mental state at the time of the crime could be irrelevant if the sanity commission determines Wright is incompetent to stand trial.

Morvant and Cuccia each said the decision was made with the consent of the prosecution and defense.

The results of all of the examinations will be presented in a hearing set for 1:30 p.m. Oct. 17 in LeBlanc’s courtroom.

http://www.dailycomet.com/article/20111001/ARTICLES/111009974/1212?p=2&tc=pg

No words can express the feelings I have about this! What about Jori!

I hope this man is never released back into society. If he's crazy keep him where he needs to be away from society!

Don't be shocked if they pronounce him "cured" someday and release him into society. If that happens, heaven help anyone who gets in his way.

I am going to scream.

WTH???????

What about Jori?

Pathetic.

They ruled he's not competent to stand trial and have him committed to a mental health facility, where they will try to restore him to competency so he can stand trial. There's no statute of limitations for murder. If the mental health facility does succeed in restoring him to competency, he'll go to trial. Ruling someone incompetent to stand trial is different than a successful insanity defense.

This man's mental state fits the requirements of the law in order to be deemed unable to stand trial. I totally agree with the decision. He is one of the very, very few individuals I think meets the requirements.

I'm not a big fan of the insanity excuse: for example, I think Andrea Yates showed consciousness of guilt, and I agree with the decision to hold her legally responsible for her actions. This guy, he really did not show ANY consciousness of guilt. He put Jori's head by the road!

But fear not, if he is ever declared mentally fit, he will be accountable for his crime. And if he is never brought to trial, there is always eternal judgement.

I agree with the decision as well, fwiw. They will restore his competency and then he will stand trial, like Loughner.

This man's mental state fits the requirements of the law in order to be deemed unable to stand trial. I totally agree with the decision. He is one of the very, very few individuals I think meets the requirements.

I'm not a big fan of the insanity excuse: for example, I think Andrea Yates showed consciousness of guilt, and I agree with the decision to hold her legally responsible for her actions. This guy, he really did not show ANY consciousness of guilt. He put Jori's head by the road!

But fear not, if he is ever declared mentally fit, he will be accountable for his crime. And if he is never brought to trial, there is always eternal judgement.

Well he did tell the cop it was not a child's head.
Also he covered the child's face before sawing off his head because he didn't want to see it.
He waited until he was alone to do it.

I say those 3 things alone say he knew what he was doing was wrong.

JMO

What we're forgetting is that just the night before, he had a fight with his girlfriend and she was throwing him out! Coincidence? I think not... Did THAT drive him to insanity?? Sounds more like REVENGE to me... IMHO

Well, right now the court's main concern is competency - whether he's able to understand the court proceedings and assist his attorneys on his case. Right now, he's not competent to stand trial. This is different than saying he was insane at the time of the offense, and thus not culpable. He could have easily known what he was doing and can appreciate his actions, but his mental break occurred during or immediately following the event. Right now, the court's task is trying to restore him to competency so he can stand trial - and then there will be the questions of whether he was insane or not during Jori's murder.

Competency to stand trial and criminal insanity as a defense are two different things. He's not competent now, but that doesn't mean they won't find him guilty once he's been medicated a treated.

It sure does look like one!
Is that bruising on his throat? If all of this is bruising how can they not charge the mother with neglect or something. She's not blind.

Some kids with disabilities bang their heads against walls.

I do not have a link for this, so y'all can take it or leave it. Hubby has a co-worker with ties to the jail this "daddy" is being kept in......reports are that "daddy" was beaten half to death his first night in jail, was patched up and put back into general population, where he was promptly beaten again.

I am NOT a believer in vigilantism but I have to admit that in this instance, I cannot blame the inmates who put action to their disgust in what "daddy" had done.

I would not be sad if that was the truth.

Grand jury to hear child-slaying case Friday
Published: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 at 6:08 p.m.
Last Modified: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 at 9:37 p.m.

A panel of jurors will decide Friday if there is enough evidence against a Thibodaux man accused of killing his 7-year-old son to take the case to trial.

snip

Wright’s case will be presented to a grand jury Friday, said District Attorney Cam Morvant II.

http://www.dailycomet.com/article/2...y-hears-evidence-Fri-in-boy-s-beheading&tc=ar

Seriously? They needed to send this to a grand jury?

I'm the exact opposite! This man was clear-headed and not confused or bizarre acting when he confessed. He has no mental health history. Yates was in and out of mental hospitals repeatedly, going from severe post-partum depression to severe post-partum psychosis. She hallucinated, had disorganized thoughts and was not supposed to be alone with the kids, due to fears she may hurt them. She looked like a crazy person during her whole trial. Since her first verdict, she gets better via medication and then goes insane again once she's lucid enough to realize what she's done. It's an endless, horrific cycle. I first thought she was 100% responsible until i read about the case.

But this guy? Is he slapping feces on himself like Loughner? Hearing voices? Hallucinating? Speaking in a word salad?

Yates justified what she did thinking God told her her kids would be doomed if she didn't kill them and send them to heaven. That's totally crazy. She heard messages from the t.v. That's psychosis. This killed the "dummy" because he was angry, according to him. No voices, no bizarre justification which would make him incapable of knowing what he was doing or that what he was doing was wrong. he knew it was wrong and didn't care because he was being sent packing and had nothing left.

From what I have heard of this demon, he did what many evil people do, like that piece of human excrement, Rodriguez who killed Juliani Cardenas after flipping off his ex's mother, because he was "angry" that he had been thrown out: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20030282-504083.html. Or, like that pig Ramazan Acar who gutted his two year old daughter like an animal after taunting her mother about what he was going to do and then taunting her again about how their daughter lay next to him with her guts hanging out: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Acar-jailed-life-stabbing-daughter-dead.html

These are vile, disgusting humans with so much rage inside that they don't care what happens to them, and whether an innocent baby gets hurt, just so long as they can get revenge. That's certainly not normal and I guess it could be considered crazy, but not the kind, IMO, that proves they are incompetent to stand trial or legally insane.

I do not believe in the death penalty. I would not cry if this monster was sentenced to death and executed. Hypocritical? Perhaps, but this is one of the most horrific, appalling and sickening cases I have heard of. A disabled baby. Decapitated by his own father. What is left to say?

There's a part of me that hopes he is mentally incompetent. Any child's death is horrible and awful, but this one - the horribleness, the defenselessness of Jori - all of it combined. PLEASE tell me it's something in his brain...It is almost too much for me to even watch this story.

Some kids with disabilities bang their heads against walls.

I would not be sad if that was the truth.

Seriously? They needed to send this to a grand jury?

I'm the exact opposite! This man was clear-headed and not confused or bizarre acting when he confessed. He has no mental health history. Yates was in and out of mental hospitals repeatedly, going from severe post-partum depression to severe post-partum psychosis. She hallucinated, had disorganized thoughts and was not supposed to be alone with the kids, due to fears she may hurt them. She looked like a crazy person during her whole trial. Since her first verdict, she gets better via medication and then goes insane again once she's lucid enough to realize what she's done. It's an endless, horrific cycle. I first thought she was 100% responsible until i read about the case.

But this guy? Is he slapping feces on himself like Loughner? Hearing voices? Hallucinating? Speaking in a word salad?

Yates justified what she did thinking God told her her kids would be doomed if she didn't kill them and send them to heaven. That's totally crazy. She heard messages from the t.v. That's psychosis. This killed the "dummy" because he was angry, according to him. No voices, no bizarre justification which would make him incapable of knowing what he was doing or that what he was doing was wrong. he knew it was wrong and didn't care because he was being sent packing and had nothing left.

From what I have heard of this demon, he did what many evil people do, like that piece of human excrement, Rodriguez who killed Juliani Cardenas after flipping off his ex's mother, because he was "angry" that he had been thrown out: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20030282-504083.html. Or, like that pig Ramazan Acar who gutted his two year old daughter like an animal after taunting her mother about what he was going to do and then taunting her again about how their daughter lay next to him with her guts hanging out: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Acar-jailed-life-stabbing-daughter-dead.html

These are vile, disgusting humans with so much rage inside that they don't care what happens to them, and whether an innocent baby gets hurt, just so long as they can get revenge. That's certainly not normal and I guess it could be considered crazy, but not the kind, IMO, that proves they are incompetent to stand trial or legally insane.

I do not believe in the death penalty. I would not cry if this monster was sentenced to death and executed. Hypocritical? Perhaps, but this is one of the most horrific, appalling and sickening cases I have heard of. A disabled baby. Decapitated by his own father. What is left to say?

What is left to say? I so agree Gitana. He put his son's head out by the road so his mother would see it as soon as she pulled in the driveway. EVIL, not mentally helpless.... He cleaned up and bagged the angel. Not a tormented man... EVIL

Well, right now the court's main concern is competency - whether he's able to understand the court proceedings and assist his attorneys on his case. Right now, he's not competent to stand trial. This is different than saying he was insane at the time of the offense, and thus not culpable. He could have easily known what he was doing and can appreciate his actions, but his mental break occurred during or immediately following the event. Right now, the court's task is trying to restore him to competency so he can stand trial - and then there will be the questions of whether he was insane or not during Jori's murder.

Competency to stand trial and criminal insanity as a defense are two different things. He's not competent now, but that doesn't mean they won't find him guilty once he's been medicated a treated.
BBM

I see what you're saying, AnaTeresa..thanks for the clarification.
I can only hope that once he is medicated, he sees his crime with crystal clear clarity in his head, day after day after day!
Oh, yeah and then is thrown in prison where he'll meet up with people just as equally if not more crazy!! :furious:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back