Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Snoods

Reaction score
f9mxlj.jpg

xcrb03.jpg

Kerry James Keating was last heard from Nov. 27 at approximately midnight, authorities said.

Keating was last seen driving a 2001 red Chevrolet Silverado – Florida License Plate CRMK62. The truck was recovered unoccupied Nov. 28 at 2 a.m. on the right lane of I-55 southbound at the 2.2 mile marker in LaPlace.

His nephew said he was talking to him at 12:10 am but the call suddenly ended. He tried several times to call Kerry back but there was no answer. Kerry's truck was found on the side of the road with a broken rear axle, but no Kerry. His wallet and phone were found in the truck. In the headline of the missing persons article it said he told his nephew he was being chased, but haven't been able to find confirmation of that.

Kerry's missing facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/kerrykeatingmissing/

http://www.lobservateur.com/2016/12/07/st-john-sheriffs-office-looking-for-missing-21-year-old/
https://missingpersonsofamerica.com...e-called-family-and-said-he-was-being-chased/

He went missing almost a month ago...It doesn't look good I guess. Hoping he will be located soon.

My first thought was that he tried to walk somewhere, but why leave his wallet and phone? That doesn't make ANY sense.

Edit: And why didn't he answer the phone was his nephew called him back immediately?

He said that he was being followed? If that's correct I would think that he exited the vehicle in a panic, wrecked it also somehow in the process, hence the broken rear axle, and made a run for it. No time to answer the phone when nephew called, or take anything with him. So either he's hiding out somewhere, scared for his life if he returned home, or whoever chased him caught up with him and did something to him, or he had an accident while running in the dark. What's the terrain like where his car was found?

Not much info on the fb page but in the About section I found this and wonder whether they forgot a word?

"There has been activity on his cell phone or on his bank account since 11/28/16. "

Was this supposed to mean "no activity"?

https://www.facebook.com/kerrykeatingmissing/about/?ref=page_internal

Didn't see anything about searches being done, one was planned for last weekend but no updates on it. They say that LE is not very helpful, saying he might be on a drug binge. Family doesn't believe that.

They say that they are trying to get Texas Equusearch (sp?) involved.

I think that was a misquote. Plus there couldn't have been any phone activity because his phone was found in his truck. I call BS on the drug binge too, nobody is going to be "Woo hoo, my truck broke down so now is a good time to leave my phone and wallet and go on a bender. For a month!"

Oh his facebook page it was asked if Kerry said someone was chasing him and the answer was "we can't answer that question at this time." What do you (general you) think about that? They also said Texas Equusearch is trying to get approval to search for him, and the area has a lot of swamps and lakes. Which makes me shudder.

It's just so strange to me why he didn't just pick up his cellphone and call someone to pick him up. Even if he decided to take off walking for some reason, why leave his wallet and cellphone? The only thing that makes sense is that someone WAS chasing him and he had to ditch in a panic. But WHY?

There has been no bank activity since Nov. 27.

https://missingpersonsofamerica.com...e-called-family-and-said-he-was-being-chased/

Thank you for clarifying some points, Snoods. Swamps and lakes, oh dear. They really need an organized and well equipped search party in that area asap! I hope LE gives Texas Equusearch the thumbs up.

I can only imagine the scenario as follows: he is being chased (for whatever reason (maybe he owed money? Or road rage?), and drives too fast. Wrecks his car severely enough that the axle breaks. Maybe at that point his phone was lost somewhere in the interior of the car and he wasn't able to find it, getting out of the car and running off/hiding was more important at that moment. He must have been scared for his life, or at least scared to be beaten up badly.

So he runs and either ends up in a swamp and drowns, or his followers catch up with him and harm him.

Or, he was unconscious/dead after wrecking his car and his followers dumped him somewhere in the area.

If he was alive and hiding or unconscious and dumped there somewhere, hypothermia might have been a problem. Not sure how reliable the temperatures are that I find online for that night but it seems to have been between 50 and 60 F.

Either way it doesn't look good, and I would bet he will be found in the vicinity of where his car was found.

Thanks Elainera for helping with Kerry's case. I looked up the temps for the night he went missing and for a couple days after, and he could have easily survived if he was trying to hide. But it seems far more likely he fell in a lake or swamp while trying to hide after possibly being chased and succumbed to the elements, probably shortly after he left his truck. :(

30adqpd.jpg

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/metairie-la/70001/november-weather/338403

Thank you for clarifying some points, Snoods. Swamps and lakes, oh dear. They really need an organized and well equipped search party in that area asap! I hope LE gives Texas Equusearch the thumbs up.

I can only imagine the scenario as follows: he is being chased (for whatever reason (maybe he owed money? Or road rage?), and drives too fast. Wrecks his car severely enough that the axle breaks. Maybe at that point his phone was lost somewhere in the interior of the car and he wasn't able to find it, getting out of the car and running off/hiding was more important at that moment. He must have been scared for his life, or at least scared to be beaten up badly.

So he runs and either ends up in a swamp and drowns, or his followers catch up with him and harm him.

Or, he was unconscious/dead after wrecking his car and his followers dumped him somewhere in the area.

If he was alive and hiding or unconscious and dumped there somewhere, hypothermia might have been a problem. Not sure how reliable the temperatures are that I find online for that night but it seems to have been between 50 and 60 F.

Either way it doesn't look good, and I would bet he will be found in the vicinity of where his car was found.

BBM Yes, this. Unfortunately I think this is what happened to this handsome young man.

His car was found on the interstate. It is over water, but it's not overly swampy. More like the edges of the lake. I saw the police went out in boats and searched the water the next day.

If he was being chased, they probably hit his truck. But rear axle and front driver damage. Hmm. Weird! And I-55 is fairly busy! Midnight around here is nothing! If they hit him, he was knocked out, they grabbed him into their car.... but on the interstate? And took the keys? Was there any blood? Any paint on the bridge or car paint transfer? So much info to be learned with some simple answers.

Whatever happened isn't good. If he was going to jump, he a) probably would have survived! B) the car wouldn't be wrecked c) his body would have shown up.

And his phone ping was in Metairie. That's like..... 15-20 minutes down the interstate. I 55 ends at I 10. Then, go east and you hit Metairie.

I think this will be not good news.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Oh and we had a couple of colder days here, but it's mostly been hot. Like legit 80 and humid hot.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

It looks like Kerry's mother passed away yesterday. So incredibly sad - to pass and not know what happened to her son.

According to Kerry's missing page. His mom was in hospice and passed away yesterday. God bless this poor family.

Kerry's disappearance reminds me so much of Shane Fell.

Terribly sad about his poor mom.

Hi, I am Kerry's sister in law. There was no blood and no damage or paint to the side of the interstate. His story is running tonight on WWL TV at 6PM.

I spoke with Shane's father this weekend and he gave me some great info! He was such a sweet person.

this case really bugs me.

i also still hold out hope shane fell is alive and homeless or something

Family members said the day he disappeared, the door to Keating's apartment was left wide open. They said nothing was stolen, but it appeared someone had rummaged through the apartment looking for something.

“His clothes were everywhere,” Jessica Keating said. “The bed looked like it had been turned over and turned back on its right side, (there was) change everywhere.”...

Keating's sister said her brother had some challenges early on, but had recently turned his life around as a sheet metal mechanic's assistant.

http://www.wwltv.com/mb/news/local/...since-truck-found-abandoned-on-i-55/381733739

Ok, with the apartment ransacked and Kerry missing (after he told someone he was being chased) - why is there not LE all over this? Reading on the FB page, it seems like LE really thinks he is voluntary missing. We know he lived with his mom in FL at one point - would he go in hiding while she is in hospice and risk not getting to say goodbye?

Also? Iam curious if/how drugs play into this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPParadise
Back