Found Deceased LA - Kerry Keating, 21, Metairie, 28 Nov 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi, I am Kerry's sister in law. There was no blood and no damage or paint to the side of the interstate. His story is running tonight on WWL TV at 6PM.
Thank you for being here and the info. What do yall think happened to the truck? And do yall think it happened on the interstate right there?

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Thank you for being here and the info. What do yall think happened to the truck? And do yall think it happened on the interstate right there?

I think that he was being chased. The phone call from Kerry that night was to my son. I believe that he got off at the I55 exit not paying attention and then decided to get off at Ruddock to go back to I10. I think whoever was chasing him hit his truck which caused the damage and Kerry kept driving. I think that finally the axle broke and that is when they finally got him. A search team is going out this weekend with dogs and boats to search around the area where the truck was found.

Ok, with the apartment ransacked and Kerry missing (after he told someone he was being chased) - why is there not LE all over this? Reading on the FB page, it seems like LE really thinks he is voluntary missing. We know he lived with his mom in FL at one point - would he go in hiding while she is in hospice and risk not getting to say goodbye?

Also? Iam curious if/how drugs play into this.

Unfortunately, men that go missing are not looked at like a serious matter. LE is now handling this case seriously. There are many different leads and some have been crazy! I can tell you this someone knows what happened to him and God will have His vengeance. Kerry has taken care of his mom all his life and would never be in hiding if he knew that his mom was dying.

As to the drug question, we know that at some point that weekend he was using drugs with his older brother.

I saw on the news where a severed human arm was found in a canal down in the New Orleans area. Has this been ruled out?

Authorities in St. John the Baptist Parish say they have found a man's body in LaPlace, and are working to recover it. Sheriff Mike Tregre said divers found the man's body around noon Saturday (Jan.7) in a waterway along Interstate 55 near mile post 2.2.

The man has not been identified.
The body was discovered near the area where authorities found the truck of a Metairie man who was reported missing in November. The truck, belonging to Kerry Keating, 21, was found with a broken axle and abandoned on I-55, authorities said.
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2017/01/body_found_in_laplace_waterway.html

What the heck? The Keating family had to hire their own divers?!! Wow.

Seems LE is handling things here the same way they did with Shane Fell. Nice. (sarcasm)

So sad when I saw this update on my Facebook. Prayers for his family. They have suffered such great loss in the past few weeks.

So sad when I saw this update on my Facebook. Prayers for his family. They have suffered such great loss in the past few weeks.

I know...I was just thinking about that. Kerry's mom and Kerry, all within a few days of each other. I can't even imagine what they are going through. I just tried to check Kerry's missing FB page and it is already gone. :frown:

Thank you 806mom, I'm such a stellar sleuth. :rolleyes:

Southeast Louisiana Search and Rescue left a message on Kerry's FB page, I will summarize:

They headed out today teamed up with Help Search & Rescue Dog Team Jason Ellis and Tarpon ROV LLC to search for Kerry.

Their K-9's indicated shortly before they got to the area and after that gave strong alerts. After a lot of hard work, Jason and David Boudreaux were able to locate a body.

They notified the St John Parish Sheriff's Office who came and recovered the body. They wanted to make it clear they do not do this for money and will never charge family or Law Enforcement for what they do, unless they have to travel far and need help with fuel, lodging or food.

Thank you to the volunteers at Southwest Louisiana Search and Rescue, y'all are amazing.

The Keating family left this message:

We have seen the reports of a body recovered in Laplace. Please respect the family and the privacy as we begin the process of receiving identity and information from the police department. We ask that you continue to pray for the family in this difficult time.

The signature on that post is mark Michaud. if I'm not mistaken, I think he is the same person that found terrilyn Monette! !! After several months of her being in water, too. He has a gift. He should be paid! He has better luck in a day than entire agencies have over many months of time.

They are really amazing. Check out the pictures they posted as well. They all look super cold. All kinds of respect for the Search and Rescue Dog Team!

One picture shows a search dog standing in the bow of a boat as they go under a bridge, with the caption "Nola, who made our first strong alert a half mile up wind while approaching the area." In the water. On a boat. A half mile up wind from where they found him. Did I mention in the water? Go Nola!

They are really amazing. Check out the pictures they posted as well. They all look super cold. All kinds of respect for the Search and Rescue Dog Team!

One picture shows a search dog standing in the bow of a boat as they go under a bridge, with the caption "Nola, who made our first strong alert a half mile up wind while approaching the area." In the water. On a boat. A half mile up wind from where they found him. Did I mention in the water? Go Nola!

Yes, in the land of the perpetually hot, these guys went out in the only cold day we had! It was cold when they went! And it will be 80 again by the end of the week. And, yet, they still chose to go on that day. I admire and respect their dedication and strength they lend to the families.

[h=1]An agonizing wait for news on a brother's fate
[/h]DNA tests are pending, but St. John the Baptist Parish Sheriff Mike Tregre said authorities believe the body found Saturday is 21-year-old Kerry Keating. A tattoo on the body matches Keating's tattoo, Tregre said, and the clothes on the body are similar to the ones Keating was wearing when he was spotted on surveillance camera at a Kenner Walmart the night he went missing.

Authorities have not determined a cause or manner of death. Tregre said his detectives have not ruled out foul play, but Keating's body did not show any obvious signs of trauma.
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2017/01/an_agonizing_wait_for_news_on.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak
Back