LA - Lacey Fletcher 36, GRAPHIC, disabled, found dead, on couch for years, Jan'22 *Parents arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see, was it severe social anxiety that Lacey suffered from, or autism, what will the next excuse from her parents for this heinous neglect be?

Sheila and Clay Fletcher face a grand jury investigation in the death of their adult daughter, Lacey Fletcher, who they said was autistic. The coroner ruled her death a homicide as the result of neglect and pressed for charges in the horrific case.
[snip]
When she was discovered, she allegedly had maggots all over her body and in her matted hair, and her face, chest and abdomen was covered in human fecal matter. She had pressure ulcers — also known as bedsores — on her backside that were bone-deep and possibly a result of the fact that she'd worn a hole into the couch cushion in which she had both sat and used to urinate and defecate.
Louisiana Autistic Woman Found Dead, Covered In Maggots And Feces, On Parents' Couch | Oxygen Official Site

How did she get Covid, did the parents have it and give it to her? This is disgusting and sick on so many levels.

Parents accused of daughter's 'horrific' at-home death speak out: 'A lot of heartache'

“Sheila Fletcher, 64, has worked as a police and court clerk in Baker and more recently as an assistant to the city prosecutor in Zachary, according to her LinkedIn page.

A Slaughter official said she resigned her post on the town’s Board of Aldermen on Jan. 24, three weeks after Lacey Fletcher’s death. She served for four years, most recently as mayor pro tem”

From one of the parents since Lacey never left the couch much less the house. JMO

Wondering if i should request that the word'' arrested'' be removed from the thread heading- for some reason i thought the parents were indeed arrested, but apparently that has not happened- yet, maybe hold off changing anything on the expectation that soon there will be an arrest?

Parents accused of daughter's 'horrific' at-home death speak out: 'A lot of heartache'

“Sheila Fletcher, 64, has worked as a police and court clerk in Baker and more recently as an assistant to the city prosecutor in Zachary, according to her LinkedIn page.

A Slaughter official said she resigned her post on the town’s Board of Aldermen on Jan. 24, three weeks after Lacey Fletcher’s death. She served for four years, most recently as mayor pro tem”

From one of the parents since Lacey never left the couch much less the house. JMO
I would love to read this article but can't because of the annoying pay wall.

No jail for boyfriend of woman stuck to toilet

A man whose girlfriend sat on a toilet for so long that the seat adhered to her body will spend six months on probation.

McFarren told police Babcock had refused to come out of the bathroom for two years. Medical personnel estimated she'd been sitting on the toilet for at least a month and said the seat had adhered to sores on her body.

How can some caretakers become so desensitized to abnormal behavior like this?

Boyfriend of Kansas Woman Stuck to Toilet Wins Lottery for Second Time This Year

Not only did he avoid jail, he won the lottery twice.

BRPROUD | People who knew parents of woman found dead on couch left stunned

Her father, Clay Fletcher, resigned from his position as president of the Baton Rouge Civil War Roundtable Tuesday. The program director, John Potts, has known Clay for roughly six years and is stunned by the news.

“Shock… ’cause it doesn’t match with my experience of him. He’s completely different than what you would expect of someone like that to be,” Potts said.

“The details are horrific, there is no doubt about that and I can’t conceive of how something like that can even happen,” Potts said.

Neighbors and friends said they never knew the couple had a daughter.

“He mentioned that she passed in January, and that’s all I know of that,” said Potts.

neither of the two diagnoses that have been thrown out so far (social anxiety and mild autism) even starts to explain how this could have happened... for someone to willingly sit, completely immobile, covered in excrement, for such a long time... I want to say there has to be a physical disability at play or severe mental illness, like major depression w/ catatonia. If this was due to physical impairment, it's obvious neglect on the parents behalf. If this was severe mental illness, then she clearly wasn't "of sound mind" and shouldn't have been allowed to make these decisions for herself.
I'm interested to see how this case goes... I hope they will be able to charge the parents with something that results in jailtime, and don't squeeze by on a technicality with the victim being a "sound mind" adult.

rbbm
Parents accused of daughter's 'horrific' at-home death speak out: 'A lot of heartache' | Courts | theadvocate.com
Parents facing possible murder charges after their daughter was found dead in their Slaughter home — her body covered in feces, maggots and ulcers — said Wednesday that they suffered "heartache" of their own through the ordeal.''

“They don’t want to relive the pain of losing a child through the media," Moore said. "They have been through a lot of heartache over the years. Anyone who had lost a child knows what it’s like."

''Sheila Fletcher, 64, has worked as a police and court clerk in Baker and more recently as an assistant to the city prosecutor in Zachary, according to her LinkedIn page.

A Slaughter official said she resigned her post on the town’s Board of Aldermen on Jan. 24, three weeks after Lacey Fletcher’s death. She served for four years, most recently as mayor pro tem.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog