LA - Lacey Fletcher 36, GRAPHIC, disabled, found dead, on couch for years, Jan'22 *Parents arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So neighbors and friends NEVER KNEW the couple had a daughter! Are there any other children? Maybe they never wanted her, hid her for years til she died??? They lived in town for years???? If you neglect any living thing it should be jail for life! Especially your child!
Yeah I take it back. Now that I have read about the parents and what they did professionally. Those people can burn in hell for letting that happen to their daughter.

Woman, 36, with Locked-in Syndrome was found dead FUSED to a living room couch | Daily Mail Online

Locked-in Syndrome (LiS): What It Is, Causes & Symptoms

What are the types of locked-in syndrome?
Locked-in syndrome (LiS) has three main types, or forms, including:

If they were able to feed her, did she have the incomplete form?
  • The classical form: In this type of LiS, you have total immobility (lack of voluntary movement) but can move your eyes vertically (up and down), blink and maintain your usual cognitive abilities. You can also hear.
  • The incomplete form: This type of LiS is just like the classical form except you can have some sensation and movement functions in certain areas of your body.
  • The total immobility form: In this type of LiS, you have complete body paralysis and loss of eye movement, but you have your normal cognitive abilities. Healthcare providers can tell a person with this form still has cognitive (thinking and reasoning) function by examining cortical function with an electroencephalogram (EEG), a test that measures brain waves
Breaking out of locked-in syndrome with Richard Marsh

Where did the diagnosis of locked-in-syndrome come from? Was she receiving disability? I am truly horrified reading this. And her parents appear to the public as tidy, normal and engaged in life. The mother clearly had a successful career, how can you be polar opposite and living in filth but successful in your professional life? This is sick!!

Body of woman with locked-in syndrome found sitting upright and fused to parents' couch - Mirror Online
''Sheila, 64, and Clay Fletcher, 65, "did not have an explanation" for why their disabled daughter was in such a state and are now facing second-degree murder charges.

Lacey suffered from the rare neurological condition known as locked-in syndrome, in which patients are unable to move any part of their body except for their eyes. Despite her serious condition, she had allegedly not been seen by a doctor for 20 years.''
1_SDC_MDG_-CHP_37880JPG.jpg

A photo of Lacey as a teenager
1_SDC_MDG_-CHP_37879JPG.jpg

Sheila and Clay Fletcher are charged with second-degree murder
According to District Attorney Sam D'Aquilla, Lacey told her parents she did not want to leave the house about 10 years ago.

The Fletchers, who were Lacey's primary caretakers, claim they were able to communicate with her and she "never complained".

"We don't treat animals or neglect our animals in that way," Mr D'Aquilla told the Daily Mail.

"If you have an animal in that condition you take them to the vet."

Lacey was found partially naked, sitting upright and submerged in a hole on the living room couch. Her body was covered in urine, faeces and insect bites and she had bed sores that went all the way down to the bone.

It's believed she had been dead for a day or two before being found.''
0_SDC_MDG_-CHP_37878JPG.jpg

Body of woman with locked-in syndrome found sitting upright and fused to parents' couch - Mirror Online
''Sheila, 64, and Clay Fletcher, 65, "did not have an explanation" for why their disabled daughter was in such a state and are now facing second-degree murder charges.

Lacey suffered from the rare neurological condition known as locked-in syndrome, in which patients are unable to move any part of their body except for their eyes. Despite her serious condition, she had allegedly not been seen by a doctor for 20 years.''
1_SDC_MDG_-CHP_37880JPG.jpg

A photo of Lacey as a teenager
1_SDC_MDG_-CHP_37879JPG.jpg

Sheila and Clay Fletcher are charged with second-degree murder
According to District Attorney Sam D'Aquilla, Lacey told her parents she did not want to leave the house about 10 years ago.

The Fletchers, who were Lacey's primary caretakers, claim they were able to communicate with her and she "never complained".

"We don't treat animals or neglect our animals in that way," Mr D'Aquilla told the Daily Mail.

"If you have an animal in that condition you take them to the vet."

Lacey was found partially naked, sitting upright and submerged in a hole on the living room couch. Her body was covered in urine, faeces and insect bites and she had bed sores that went all the way down to the bone.

It's believed she had been dead for a day or two before being found.''
0_SDC_MDG_-CHP_37878JPG.jpg
She was deceased for a day or two before being found. So there we have it. They would leave her unattended for days at a time.

I don't think I could do that to my worst enemy. Let alone my own daughter. These people are messed up.

I till cannot FATHOM how they lived in a house that had to smell like raw sewage and rot, allowing their child to waste away in her own filth BEFORE THEIR EYES. They are clearly mentally ill, which I am certain will be their defense.
Never mind the smell....how could they live in a house seeing the horrible, desperate state their daughter was in and not call for medical assistance? They just watched their daughter, who they were supposed to love and cherish rot away on a couch! They could have called 911 and gotten her help. IMO they are directly responsible for her death.

This film provides excellent insight into'' locked in syndrome'' fwiw..
(16) The Diving Bell and the Butterfly | Official Trailer (HD) - Mathieu Amalric, Max von Sydow | MIRAMAX - YouTube
''The true story of Elle editor Jean-Dominique Bauby who suffered a stroke in 1995 that rendered him mute and almost completely paralyzed this adaptation is from Bauby's autobiography, which he dictated by blinking his left eye.''
Fabulous book, and much of the movie's dialogue is people reciting the alphabet in French, while holding a letter board in front of him. His condition was due to a stroke, and he died 2 days before the book went to press.

My favorite line from the book was when he asked to have his designer wardrobe brought to the care home where he lived, saying, "If I am going to drool, I may as well drool on cashmere." (ETA before his stroke, he was the editor of a European fashion magazine, IIRC French Vogue.)

Last edited:
This case is truly sickening. This poor girl was likely cognitively sound, could think and feel clearly, and simply couldn't move. So she felt every last bit of pain, felt and smelled the feces and urine she was swimming in, and was aware that her parents abandoned her. Her parents even brought COVID home and obviously infected her. And then they have the gall to say "she was of sound mind" and try to blame the victim??? If you are of sound mind but have a neurological disorder that prevents you from moving, since when does that mean you are responsible for your own care? Others with locked-in syndrome are cared for around the clock by professionals. The parents clearly didn't want to pay for their daughter's care and were just waiting for her to die and were too stupid to realize they'd be charged with any crime. I hope they are found guilty of murder and spend the rest of their miserable lives in prison.

Last edited:
Here's an article written by a 45-yr-old woman who has had locked-in syndrome for 25 years following a stroke at age 20. She had a supportive, loving family and has managed to find happiness in her life. Lacey deserved happiness too, but her parents ripped that away from her. I can't imagine or even describe the psychological and physical traumas Lacey had to endure. This is one of the worst cases I've ever encountered.

so now we have 3 diagnosis - extreme anxiety, autism, locked-in syndrome. And yet not once have we heard from a medical professional who diagnosed her with anything. Clearly something was wrong with Lacey, what remains to be seen.

mmmkay

if anything this makes the parents more culpable. All their excuses only serve to make them look worse. No matter how they try to explain away their unthinkable neglect, this lands squarely on their laps.

so now we have 3 diagnosis - extreme anxiety, autism, locked-in syndrome. And yet not once have we heard from a medical professional who diagnosed her with anything. Clearly something was wrong with Lacey, what remains to be seen.

mmmkay

if anything this makes the parents more culpable. All their excuses only serve to make them look worse. No matter how they try to explain away their unthinkable neglect, this lands squarely on their laps.
And yet she hadn't been seen by a doctor in 10 years. So this is all just beyond belief.

Allow?? It's not a case of allowing.
This poor lady had locked-in syndrome and couldn't move, talk, or do anything, let alone bathe. She was, basically, a vegetable. She wasn't in a sound-mind. (Well, maybe she was, but with locked-in syndrome, you don't know.)

The parents should have sort medical care for her. That's what should have been allowed!
to clarify, i mean they should have bathed her and took her to the bathroom if she was not or could not herself. or hired help to do so. i thought that was clear. my apologies if not. the "sound mind" comment was because the parents said she was of sound mind.

to clarify, i mean they should have bathed her and took her to the bathroom if she was not or could not herself. or hired help to do so. i thought that was clear. my apologies if not. the "sound mind" comment was because the parents said she was of sound mind.

Yes, no worries, I understand.

The parents were definitely guilty of neglect. You're right, they should have either helped her themselves, or got medical help for her.

I know someone in a family hoarder situation where the elder family member ended up bedridden and in decline, and the remaining family members did not have the capacity to administer proper care for a bedridden person, which may have been a contributing factor to the elder's eventual death. Fear of authorities seeing the living conditions and losing their home, etc. Hoarding is often a spiral situation. It's difficult to ask for help once it reaches a certain threshold.

I wonder if such a situation evolved here.

How? Just how can you stand by and allow ANY human being to get to that point, let alone your own child??
Their own child was rotting, soaked in urine and feces, her hair was matted, she had MAGGOTS FGS!! They allowed her to exist in that filth, and did nothing. We are seeing words thrown around. Words like anxiety, autism, and locked in syndrome. Are any of them true? Who knows, but it doesn’t matter! None of the supposed diagnosis changes anything. They allowed their child to die like that, without one single shred of dignity. Meanwhile, they just went on with their lives.
THEY did this, not some random diagnosis they probably made up on the fly.

I know someone in a family hoarder situation where the elder family member ended up bedridden and in decline, and the remaining family members did not have the capacity to administer proper care for a bedridden person, which may have been a contributing factor to the elder's eventual death. Fear of authorities seeing the living conditions and losing their home, etc. Hoarding is often a spiral situation. It's difficult to ask for help once it reaches a certain threshold.

I wonder if such a situation evolved here.
Holy smokes. Not a single family member got help for their elderly family member and let them die because they didn’t want someone seeing inside the house?
How sad :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members