LA - Lacey Fletcher 36, GRAPHIC, disabled, found dead, on couch for years, Jan'22 *Parents arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Allow?? It's not a case of allowing.
This poor lady had locked-in syndrome and couldn't move, talk, or do anything, let alone bathe. She was, basically, a vegetable. She wasn't in a sound-mind. (Well, maybe she was, but with locked-in syndrome, you don't know.)

The parents should have sort medical care for her. That's what should have been allowed!

I'm pretty sure she didn't have locked-in-syndrome. The only source claiming she had locked-in-syndrome is the Daily Mail, which is a trash tabloid publication. All of the reputable news sources have been saying that she might have been on the autism spectrum or suffering from social anxiety. But we can't be sure about that either.

It would be interesting to hear former high school classmates come forward to shed some light on all this. Or maybe she didn't even attend school? I know she hadn't left the couch for years but what was her life like in her teens before she became shut in 10ish years ago? Did she live a relatively "normal" life earlier, or has she been isolated her entire life?

I'm pretty sure she didn't have locked-in-syndrome. The only source claiming she had locked-in-syndrome is the Daily Mail, which is a trash tabloid publication. All of the reputable news sources have been saying that she might have been on the autism spectrum or suffering from social anxiety. But we can't be sure about that either.

It would be interesting to hear former high school classmates come forward to shed some light on all this. Or maybe she didn't even attend school? I know she hadn't left the couch for years but what was her life like in her teens before she became shut in 10ish years ago? Did she live a relatively "normal" life earlier, or has she been isolated her entire life?
Autistic, she had developed “some degree of Asperger’s syndrome,” D’Aquilla said, citing reports.

The lifelong condition is part of a category called autism spectrum disorder. Symptoms include trouble with social skills and obsessive focus.

Fletcher attended Brownfields Baptist Academy in Baton Rouge through 9th grade before entering a home-school program. As a teen, she experienced severe social anxiety and met several times with a psychologist over three years. She saw a doctor years later, in 2010, while in her early 20’s, but never since, her parents said.

After 'horrific' death at home, parents of Louisiana woman may soon face murder charges

Let's take a moment to think about how how lonely her life was. Not only did her two parents essentially ignore her but no other relative or friend ever came to see her either.

Were her parents estranged from relatives, or are there simply no relatives around? So very sad and tragic for Lacey.

I know someone in a family hoarder situation where the elder family member ended up bedridden and in decline, and the remaining family members did not have the capacity to administer proper care for a bedridden person, which may have been a contributing factor to the elder's eventual death. Fear of authorities seeing the living conditions and losing their home, etc. Hoarding is often a spiral situation. It's difficult to ask for help once it reaches a certain threshold.

I wonder if such a situation evolved here.
maybe? the house looks well kept outside but who knows how it looked inside.

Wondering if the sofa and body of Lacey was in a basement? Surely if in a den or livingroom you could tell she died. Maggots etc in your living quarters? OH MY!!! evil
I think the house has about 1750 sf of living area with main living area on main floor and bedrooms on second floor. No basement.
I think the sofa was in the main family area. There was an article stating the stench of feces upon entering the house.
JMO

Co-worker of Louisiana dad accused of murdering daughter with locked-in syndrome 'shocked' | Daily Mail Online

“John Potts, program director of the Baton Rouge Civil War Roundtable - where Clay Fletcher worked - said he was stunned by the news.”

“Asked by KTAL News for his reaction, Potts replied: 'Shock. Because it doesn't match with my experience of him.”

'He's completely different than what you would expect of someone like that to be.'

“Potts said: 'The details are horrific, there is no doubt about that, and I can't conceive of how something like that can even happen.'

“According to her LinkedIn page, Sheila was a Slaughter official who resigned her post on the town's Board of Aldermen on January 24, three weeks after her daughter's death. She served for four years, most recently as mayor pro team.”

“On Monday, Bickham will present the case to a grand jury, in the hopes of charging the parents in the death of their daughter.”

“I probably won't even have to open my mouth - the pictures will show it,' Bickham said.”

“He added: 'The jurors are storekeepers, farmers many have never been exposed to this stuff so I asked that a medical team be outside the courtroom.'

(whenever I see the photo of the couch Lacey was ‘fused’ to I want to vomit)

Last edited:
Oh my what a horrible case I wish that I didn’t click on the article showing the sofa..
I have so many questions I don’t even know where to start.
I can’t imagine the smell in this house had to be horrendous. They had to feed her I know she was thin but she would have died if not eating for that long. Maggots and insects bites? If she didn’t have locked in syndrome ( as I don’t fully trust daily mail without confirmation from doctors or police) what would make her sit there without move to the point of dying?
Its such a horrible case I still fully don’t understand what went on in this house.

Locked-In is completely different from autism/Aspberger. Describing someone on the spectrum as “locked in” would perhaps be understandable, so perhaps that’s the confusion? (I’m not getting into a debate about whether “locked in” is accurate for anyone or everyone).

Someone with LIS must be tube-fed. If she was urinating and defeating, someone provided nutrition. Locked In Syndrome - NORD (National Organization for Rare Disorders)

Curious about whether anyone RX’d or gave her painkillers.

Locked-In is completely different from autism/Aspberger. Describing someone on the spectrum as “locked in” would perhaps be understandable, so perhaps that’s the confusion? (I’m not getting into a debate about whether “locked in” is accurate for anyone or everyone).

Someone with LIS must be tube-fed. If she was urinating and defeating, someone provided nutrition. Locked In Syndrome - NORD (National Organization for Rare Disorders)

Curious about whether anyone RX’d or gave her painkillers.
Yes, I would be very curious about a toxicology report. JMO

Where did the diagnosis of locked-in-syndrome come from? Was she receiving disability? I am truly horrified reading this. And her parents appear to the public as tidy, normal and engaged in life. The mother clearly had a successful career, how can you be polar opposite and living in filth but successful in your professional life? This is sick!!

And where did the Autism diagnosis come from? I've seen plenty of cases at WS where kids didn't have Autism at all, but the parents/caregivers claim they did to explain odd behaviors their kid was exhibiting from being abused at home. Then as soon as that is questioned, they start "homeschooling" their kid.

There is a local case to me where 9 yo killed herself. Mom claimed racism, that turned out to not be true. She was teased because she smelled. Wouldn't that fall back on mom not keeping her clean? And guess what? Mom claimed her child had Autism. The school was in the middle of determining if that was true when the child died. I see so many red flags in that case. And LE and the school is so cowed they haven't investigated what was going on at home. They won't even release the cause of death. Pfffft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie