UNSOLVED LA - Living Wht Male, 25-35, hitchhiking, possibly from KCK, Aug'18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

creepedout

Reaction score
KCKPD asking for help identifying man found hitchhiking in Louisiana

KCK%20attempt%20to%20identify_1535662275039.jpg_96144949_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Kansas City, KS, police are asking the public for help to identify this man. Just over a week ago, he was found hitchhiking in Louisiana and does not know his own identity or exactly where he lives, though he has frequently mentioned KCK.

His fingerprints do not come back on file, and he doesn't match any missing persons reports. He's about 6'5", 185, and is believed to have autism. He had toy guns in his possession when found.

He is still in Louisiana as of the latest updates.

There are multiple articles, and at least one says that they aren't sure if he really is from KCK.

Hopefully his picture gets out there. It's good that you posted this on here. I shared the one article on my FB page. On the one news site they were looking for and found a man with dementia that had wandered off. If this man doesn't have family that could explain why he hasn't been reported missing.

6'5"?? Someone knows him. I'm confused why someone would take him stares away instead of getting him to a hospital or police station where he was found. They need to find out from the office of citizens with developmental disabilities (or whatever the agency over social services for persons with disabilities is called in that state) if they recognize him from receiving services- either as a child or adult services. This is a super odd story.

6'5"?? Someone knows him. I'm confused why someone would take him stares away instead of getting him to a hospital or police station where he was found. They need to find out from the office of citizens with developmental disabilities (or whatever the agency over social services for persons with disabilities is called in that state) if they recognize him from receiving services- either as a child or adult services. This is a super odd story.

I wonder if anyone picked him up before they did. I hope he's been to a hospital.

I wonder if anyone picked him up before they did. I hope he's been to a hospital.

That struck me as weird too. In the video, they're just hanging out and joking around when presumably someone, somewhere, is very worried about him? If he just wandered off in OK he might not have been entered into NAMUS yet.

That struck me as weird too. In the video, they're just hanging out and joking around when presumably someone, somewhere, is very worried about him? If he just wandered off in OK he might not have been entered into NAMUS yet.

If he said he was going to Texas, the couple might not have thought anything of it but after a few hours and realizing he had toys in his backpack they probably realized he wasn't okay to be on his own. If he was in a sketchy group home it's possible there isn't someone looking for him. That's really sad. Hopefully he has been to a hospital to make sure he wasn't abused before he left wherever and also to check for any injuries.

I found a news article about a 20 year old 6'5" man with Autism: Student With Autism Kicked Out of College

Not sure if the resemblance is strong enough-- he would have had to have lost weight, which is possible if he was out on the street for a while. But the man in the article seems to have supportive family members who would report him missing... Only posting because there can not be that many 6'5" Autistic men out there, right?
(Please feel free to send it in if you think it's a match, I'm only posting here)

I found a news article about a 20 year old 6'5" man with Autism: Student With Autism Kicked Out of College

Not sure if the resemblance is strong enough-- he would have had to have lost weight, which is possible if he was out on the street for a while. But the man in the article seems to have supportive family members who would report him missing... Only posting because there can not be that many 6'5" Autistic men out there, right?
(Please feel free to send it in if you think it's a match, I'm only posting here)
Not the same guy. Look at the upper lips, vastly different for starters. But good call out; I did a quick double take. Not the same guy.

If he said he was going to Texas, the couple might not have thought anything of it but after a few hours and realizing he had toys in his backpack they probably realized he wasn't okay to be on his own. If he was in a sketchy group home it's possible there isn't someone looking for him. That's really sad. Hopefully he has been to a hospital to make sure he wasn't abused before he left wherever and also to check for any injuries.

Except group homes ate state and federally funded. I worked in the system for 16 years. Unless it is different where he was, all residents go through the state/ parish/ county. The case worker there brings them to different homes that have vacancies to interview for placement. So even if it is a sketch home, the state agency should still know him. That's why I said they need to get to the main agencies and spread his photo. If he was ever in the system between school or group home or even day programming, someone knows him! As a matter of fact, not only did I know the people who received services from us, but I knew lots of the other agency clients, as we would cross paths or go to functions at the same time.

This really is odd. I did catch that he sounded like he had a southern accent. I am from NYC so that is what it sounded to me.

madamx, I don't hear Southern; don't hear an accent at all. If he received a good deal of speech therapy, any accent will reflect his therapists more than of his family or region. Broadly Midwestern?

Maybe coach Jacob through one of these:

What's Your Regional Dialect?

since merely being taller than most of the world's population hasn't helped identify this gentleman!

Kudos to the Good Samaritan family opening their home to this traveler!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
red carpet fiber
Back