Found Deceased LA - Mark Bakotic, 21, New Orleans, 30 Dec 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi, Everyone... I am new to this thread but not to Webslueths... I run the social media pages for missing person, Stephanie Anne Warner.
I live in New Orleans and last night Marks father hung a flyer at my local bar. I didn't realize he was still missing so I came here to check for a thread. Great job on keeping this so active here!
There is a lot to read so forgive me of this has been answered before: The flyer states that Mark did not pick up his last paycheck. Can anyone tell me where he worked?
-Jennifer.

Thanks for letting me know about this thread Jennifer. You've done such a good job for Stephanie.

Hi! I am also in New Orleans. How come I dont know that case? I am going to look it up.
rsbm
BBM

Stephanie grew up in NOLA and moved to Oregon many years ago. That's where she disappeared almost four years ago. I'm a shameless promoter of her case as you can see in my signature. Here's her most recent thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Stephanie-Warner-43-Ruch-4-July-2013-3/page44

Mark's case is so distressing. I really feel for his family.

I know two people who suddenly became schizophrenic after using very strong weed....my cousin and a classmate of my daughter's. So I wouldn't rule that out. If that did happen to Mark, he could have left NOLA. But experience on many threads indicates to me that he is deceased. I would be glad to be wrong though.

Ah! Love all this input. I worked in mental health for 16 years. I have posted about this several times, so excuse me if you have heard it before---- but I used to ask every person who was diagnosed with Schizophrenia if they remembered when they started feeling differently. Every one of them could pinpoint the single drug experience. It could have been the 1st time or the 1000th time. But they all could attribute it to a single time. So, I am with you, there.

My issue with Mark (like you Lilibet) is the other coincidences. OUOTP, I had not thought about him crossing paths by DJing on Bourbon St., but it is a good thought! I also saw where the 2 arrested were Bourbon Street workers- maybe shot girls or dancers. I just have a feeling that there is more to his wallet being used the same night he went missing.

Read back the thread. It is very short, but we discussed lots of this, in pretty good detail. I did post about NAMUS. From the Find Mark page, I saw a girl who was adamant about them submitting to NAMUS. My feeling is that they would like to think he is voluntarily missing, so are not willing to submit to NAMUS. The issue is that if he is found in another place (or heck! even in NOLA!), NAMUS is one way to link it quicker. It is far too long to just naively think that he will return and not to have law enforcement involved, at this point.

No family member is here, or at least none who have spoken. I have said many times that his dad seems to be a great advocate who is logical and not in denial about the possibilities. I think he is amazing and I cannot imagine how he has managed to keep it together through this.

Anyway, OUOTP---- try to read through, if you can. I would love to be able to discuss the possibilities and how we can help move this case forward with y'all. :)

I have read through the thread. Mark's Dad is truly amazing. I agree with the importance of submitting the case to NAMUS. The family doesn't even have to think Mark is dead to do this. If he's found wandering with amnesia it would be helpful to LE, for example.

Here are FAQs about NAMUS, including how to register and submit a case. LE is not required to do this automatically and AFAIK anyone can do it, but will be verified.

https://www.findthemissing.org/documents/FAQ.pdf

Yes. Namus ASAP! And I woukd honestly get the police back involved. If the family is saying he's alive and has been sighted, the police aren't going to have any reason to investigate. He's an adult. And the women were cleared--- in my opinion, because it has been reported he has been seen. But Lilibet- you and I have seen enough cases to know that the vast majority of missing person "sightings" were incorrect and couldn't have happened. But thats only realized after the person has been "located". I'm nervous lots of evidence has had lots of time to disappear.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Yes. Namus ASAP! And I woukd honestly get the police back involved. If the family is saying he's alive and has been sighted, the police aren't going to have any reason to investigate. He's an adult. And the women were cleared--- in my opinion, because it has been reported he has been seen. But Lilibet- you and I have seen enough cases to know that the vast majority of missing person "sightings" were incorrect and couldn't have happened. But thats only realized after the person has been "located". I'm nervous lots of evidence has had lots of time to disappear.

BBM

I never put much confidence in sightings. People want to be helpful, but most of us are not great at random facial recognition. Naturally Mark's Dad feels compelled to look into these sightings. I think it's interesting that he put up posters in areas where Mark had been "seen" (usually only one report) and the sightings stopped. He attributed it to Mark seeing his photo and leaving the area. I think it's just as likely that there was no one besides the initial person who had seen someone who looked like Mark, so no more reports came in.

So yes, they really need to get the police involved again, if possible. Not easy at this point. Have they hired a PI? It might be worthwhile.

BBM

I never put much confidence in sightings. People want to be helpful, but most of us are not great at random facial recognition. Naturally Mark's Dad feels compelled to look into these sightings. I think it's interesting that he put up posters in areas where Mark had been "seen" (usually only one report) and the sightings stopped. He attributed it to Mark seeing his photo and leaving the area. I think it's just as likely that there was no one besides the initial person who had seen someone who looked like Mark, so no more reports came in.

So yes, they really need to get the police involved again, if possible. Not easy at this point. Have they hired a PI? It might be worthwhile.
I feel like I read on the page that he did but kind of quit on him or got nowhere. And I'm sure dad was frustrated and over it. But it's time to move on to the next phase. Walking the streets isn't it. If that hasn't worked in 5 months now, time for a new plan.

I didn't see it mentioned here, but there were apparently sightings of him at Electric Forest (a huge music festival) in Michigan. People were saying he was seen carrying a totem (a huge picture on a post that people carry around to help their friends find them in the crowd) of his own missing posters. People said that he was a hit and people thought it was 'funny.' Many photos were supplied but none were Mark and no one was able to ever find pictures or anything proving that this totem actually existed. I know how outlandish that seems. Why would he carry a totem if his own misssing poster if he wishes to remain 'missing?' In my opinion, whoever saw this totem was surely mistaken, although they seemed positive of what they had seen.

It sounds like someone who looks like Mark and thought it was funny that he resembled the guy in the missing poster. If it was Mark, it would indicate he met up with someone unknown to everyone else in his circle, and took off. I've sometimes wondered if he joined up with the rainbow family or something, but the circumstances of his disappearance just don't add up to that kind of ending.

I have a feeling that all of the sightings are mistaken identity. He's not listed in namus, that I know. So he might not be easily linked, if he's found. I really hope I'm wrong.

His personal FB reactivated at some point this week. According to multiple members of the FB group run by his father, several pending friend requests have been denied and one member reported a new mutual friend with Mark.

Also, it appears his promotions page has been hacked, but it seems the two may be unrelated, as several people have mentioned that a Page being compromised does not typically connect to the owning Profile.

:dunno: :dunno:

His personal FB reactivated at some point this week. According to multiple members of the FB group run by his father, several pending friend requests have been denied and one member reported a new mutual friend with Mark.

Also, it appears his promotions page has been hacked, but it seems the two may be unrelated, as several people have mentioned that a Page being compromised does not typically connect to the owning Profile.

:dunno: :dunno:
I don't know about any of that, but my personal and business facebook pages are absolutely linked. I have to go into my profile and then click under my name for the pages I run. Even my notifications show to my personal my page. So I don't know how they couldn't be linked.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I don't know about any of that, but my personal and business facebook pages are absolutely linked. I have to go into my profile and then click under my name for the pages I run. Even my notifications show to my personal my page. So I don't know how they couldn't be linked.

I agree with that. I also have a page and can see the name (mine) of the admin (which publicly only displays as the page name). If his page was corrupted, meaning someone got in like the admin would, they would then also have access to his personal profile. imo I could be wrong, I'm not an fb expert.

ETA: it's the same login for personal profile and page.

This reminds me so much of Shane Fell's case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't see it mentioned here, but there were apparently sightings of him at Electric Forest (a huge music festival) in Michigan. People were saying he was seen carrying a totem (a huge picture on a post that people carry around to help their friends find them in the crowd) of his own missing posters. People said that he was a hit and people thought it was 'funny.' Many photos were supplied but none were Mark and no one was able to ever find pictures or anything proving that this totem actually existed. I know how outlandish that seems. Why would he carry a totem if his own misssing poster if he wishes to remain 'missing?' In my opinion, whoever saw this totem was surely mistaken, although they seemed positive of what they had seen.

Didn't see this post for some reason. Call me crazy or is photo below Mark? Apparently taken at Electric Forest 2017.

I used to go to festivals and was pretty big into the scene so IF there was a totem like this that was popular at Electric Forest.... it's on Instagram with the hashtag ElectricForest2017.. no doubt.

You can search for images on Instagram by hashtag. So I did a quick search on Electric Forest Totems. I didn't find any totems matching the description BUT I did find this picture WHO looks exactly like Mark if you ask me.

Comparison below: left picture is Mark, Right picture taken at Electric Forest 2017..... via Instagram.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-22 at 7.55.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-22 at 7.55.59 PM.png
    484.2 KB · Views: 236
  • Screen Shot 2017-09-22 at 7.45.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-22 at 7.45.04 PM.png
    380.6 KB · Views: 235
It looks A LOT like Mark! Great find! Please contact his father.

His teeth look different, to me. But I woukd send it to double check. I saw lots of discussion about a look alike guy. Apparently, many had asked him if he was Mark, so he might have brought the poster on the totem.being funny. But clearly, it's not funny to people who are looking for a missing person. It's insensitive. I hope it is him at all these feativals. Would beat the alternative.

Sent it in! Hopefully something comes of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE
Back