Found Deceased LA - Mark Bakotic, 21, New Orleans, 30 Dec 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
His teeth look different, to me. But I woukd send it to double check. I saw lots of discussion about a look alike guy. Apparently, many had asked him if he was Mark, so he might have brought the poster on the totem.being funny. But clearly, it's not funny to people who are looking for a missing person. It's insensitive. I hope it is him at all these feativals. Would beat the alternative.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
His teeth look different to me, too. Hoping I'm wrong and it's him.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It's difficult cuz there's only one pic from that festival. But I think I have to agree. Look at the tooth to the left of the 2 front teeth.
a8accae6acbf47878f373cc964782ba3.jpg
611793ae1bde0cb39c8b2ff8001e9071.jpg
cae95cfdefa5cccf22f3c3458b6da3fa.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

It's difficult cuz there's only one pic from that festival. But I think I have to agree. Look at the tooth to the left of the 2 front teeth.
a8accae6acbf47878f373cc964782ba3.jpg
611793ae1bde0cb39c8b2ff8001e9071.jpg
cae95cfdefa5cccf22f3c3458b6da3fa.jpg

If he had bonding, the difference could be a result of bonding wearing or chipping off. Losing bonding even on one tooth can make a difference In overall smile.

I think you should send it to his family via pm on his find page on fb. Both of his parents are very active on that page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I listened to the podcast about Mark a few days ago. Very glad to see the search is still active.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

From the Find Group page:

Finding Mark Bakotic Update. I could not figure out why Mark 2 was acting like a fugitive, but I should have. It appears that they found him before I could. It is with a sad and broken heart that I have to report that Mark 2 is no longer with us. On Saturday 22 July, Mark’s body was found in the Mississippi River near the River Walk Mall in New Orleans. Because of personal effects, I have known since then but it has taken until today to validate that it was Mark 2 through DNA testing. Please pray for my son. I have no idea how he died, why he died, or when he died; but it appears he was running with a crowd who valued blood over money. No one claimed the reward, but someone took down his Facebook page 12 hours after Mark’s unidentified body was found and reported in the news. That does not lead me to believe he had a peaceful ending. It also makes me believe that whoever knew Mark’s body was there might have been a long term friend of Mark’s and who Mark was communicating with nine months ago on Facebook. Why the person feared the evidence that might exist on Mark’s Facebook, I do not know; but hopefully the police will be able to retrieve it. For those running in that life style, be careful. Many people have helped with the search and many are living or have lived in that environment, but please get out of that life style and do not allow your life to be cut short. Mark 2 was an awesome kid and a good man, but his star was put out at only 22 years. His credo was always to lift people up, but no one was there to lift him up when he needed it. I did everything I could but I failed to find him in time. I failed. I will have some type of reception in Mississippi for friends and will announce it ahead of time. In the meantime, I have removed from my house and given to the police Mark’s laptop, journals and computer and I will personally try to pretend like Mark 2 died in a traffic accident or a hurricane but my hearth knows otherwise. The reward used to be $7,500 for locating Mark 2; however, now it is $10,000 for the information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible for Mark’s death. If no on claims it, part of the award will eventually be returned to me. Once again, a heartfelt thanks for those who helped me in trying to locate Mark 2. This time I have included a picture of Mark 2 from him prime, before drugs entered his life.

Please forward this as often as the earlier ones. Allow this one to be Mark 2's words to lift others out of their position in life.....

:( RIP Mark 2 :rose:

I didn't realize it could take 2 months for DNA results. That seems awful.

My heart is broken. I really hoped Mark would be located. I was in New Orleans for 5 days in April and spent the entire time in the Quarter and looked for Mark everywhere we went.

We took senior pictures of my daughter at the River Walk Mall. To now know that Mark was apparently in New Orleans all along, as suspected, and that Mark's body was found at the River Walk Mall only a few months after my daughter's senior pictures were taken there is just so heart breaking.

My heart and prayers go out to Mark's family. This has to be unbelievably difficult for them. With prayers, good police work, and God's will I hope Mark and his family will receive the justice they deserve - especially since no one ever gets closure because it doesn't exist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His dad makes some mysterious comments. It will be interesting to see this unfold - I hope they find the person responsible quickly - dad seems sure it is homicide or negligence of some kind. Hopefully he can be comforted to know that disabling a Facebook page does not remove any evidence that may be on it -Facebook doesn't delete anything and if LE hasn't already gotten it all from a warrant, they will soon enough, including real timestamps (because, as you may have noticed, Facebook recently implemented a new feature that allows you to change the date on a post. How nice.)

It sounds like they believe he may have been alive for awhile after he went missing which is interesting. Shouldn't LE be able to get an idea of when he died? I'd think they'd have that by now.

Uuuuuuuugghh I was worried this woukd be the outcome. I need to read up on hiw long he has been there and where he was exactly found.

Wow. Such a devastating end to Mark's short life. My heart goes out to his family.
Healing is a never-ending journey but at least they can maybe begin to move forward. [emoji20]

RIP Mark. [emoji257]

Sent from my LG-H740 using Tapatalk

From the beginning I had a feeling he would be found in the river, but several posters were quick to dismiss the theory in the days following his disappearance. Lifting Mark, his father, and his family in light and love.

Here's an article from July 23 when his body was found.

Body found in Mississippi River near Riverwalk outlet mall on Saturday, NOPD says

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/news/article_992441e8-6fab-11e7-ae5b-1fe24a199e69.html

A body was found in the Mississippi River near The Outlet Collection at Riverwalk on Saturday afternoon, New Orleans police said.

The body was found floating in the river around 4:40 p.m. in the 800 block of Port of New Orleans Place, the New Orleans Police Department said in a preliminary offense log. Harbor Police officers retrieved the body.

From the beginning I had a feeling he would be found in the river, but several posters were quick to dismiss the theory in the days following his disappearance. Lifting Mark, his father, and his family in light and love.

That is true. Until they released the information that he took a cab and jumped out near Harrahs. That is an entrance to the river, near the ferry dock. At that point, the river was on the table. You can look back and see it discussed. It would have been nearly impossible for him to end up in the river from where he went missing.

I am still unsettled with whether he jumped.in the river that night, if he met with foul play from the ones who had his wallet or if he was alive for a while and ended up dead later. I "feel" (not know) that his death was directly related to that night. I have been concerned from the beginning about the sightings, as sometimes, they felt self serving. I'm also a little confused why his dad said he pretty much knew it was Mark back in July because of his personal things, but mom was posting just this week she needs ideas how to find him...... I prefer transparency when people are donating time and money to help you. But, not my circus, not my monkeys, so I have no say so.

I am glad they can stop searching now. It's the tiniest bit of relief, but it is at least one piece in place. My thoughts are with them.

Here's an article from July 23 when his body was found.

Body found in Mississippi River near Riverwalk outlet mall on Saturday, NOPD says

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/news/article_992441e8-6fab-11e7-ae5b-1fe24a199e69.html

A body was found in the Mississippi River near The Outlet Collection at Riverwalk on Saturday afternoon, New Orleans police said.

The body was found floating in the river around 4:40 p.m. in the 800 block of Port of New Orleans Place, the New Orleans Police Department said in a preliminary offense log. Harbor Police officers retrieved the body.
Would there even be body left to float if he was in the river since december? Maybe it was later.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarneson59
Back