Found Deceased LA - Michael Nickelotte, 21, Baton Rouge, 18 Sept 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Did anyone see the press conference? Is it over? Any new info? TIA!

There is a link at WAFB.com
I was able to watch the end.
His poor Mother....

He is in Marines ROTC (along with being enlisted in Marines reserve).

Has anyone in the family been in contact with his Reserve Unit, particularly his section leader or squad leader? Did he have close relationships with any of these Marines outside of mandatory drill weekends and such?

He didn't show up to physical training, which is mandatory for ROTC/Marines. He had to get up around 4am to go to Southern to be on time for it, so I think it was around 5ish in the morning.

Would he have gone to PT by himself or did he usually ride with someone else in ROTC or pick them up?

IMO, self harm seems the most likely scenario at this point for the reasons Kennareese stated above. Paracord could be used to hang oneself. I would think he would also have access to firearms with his military training. I hope I'm wrong but this is where my mind is leading me.

Reminds me somewhat of the disappearance of James Martin Roberts from Appalachian State U in Boone, NC.

IMO, self harm seems the most likely scenario at this point for the reasons Kennareese stated above. Paracord could be used to hang oneself. I would think he would also have access to firearms with his military training. I hope I'm wrong but this is where my mind is leading me.
Where could somebody hide themselves for this long tho? If that was the case it looks like somebody would've found him by now? That cord could have been used to tie him up as well as the reason you stated. Who knows? This is frustrating.. I can kinda see what you see happening but I get stuck on the fact he has hidden himself sooooo well!!! 😢😢 his poor mama!!

The only roommate I know is Anthony (went on a trip with him since he is friends with my classmate). I thought one of the roommates names was Caleb, later learned it was Calvin. I have forgotten the other roommate's name (but I remember he is a theater major with Anthony). I've met all three but I suck with names.

No idea why notecards and cord would be important (after asking I have learned that it is the same type of cord but thinner, and also only like 3in long) other than showing he was in a rush. Notecards I think were for studying. Cord could have something to do with maybe a survival pack, like maybe he is trying to prove something to himself since he failed his PFT? I only see that sort of situation should he be under duress or some sort of cognitive dissonance. Andreas, Tiffany, and Russell all think that Michael just left to get away from it all and that he doesn't want to be found, especially since it's been so long and we have found nothing.

At this point I have no idea how helpful I am actually being. I feel like I am speculating over and over and not actually adding anything of worth to the conversation, especially since I have no immediate way of testing any hypothesis besides thinking about if the theory sounds like something Michael would do, and honestly none of us are in his head to know what he was thinking. I'm overly frustrated at this point.

Check out a guy over on the missing page his name is LUKE STONE.. His profile seems suspect. It's recently opened..only 1 friend and she is part of a missing persons organization. He is part of 2 groups and it's all about this case and his profile pic reads "well that escalated quickly" could it be??

Reminds me of a disappeared episode, Brady was the kids name. He left told no one anything all due to a small legal issue. He traveled to a different state and took his own life, was found years later and ruled a suicide. There was also a case of a young women whom left for a walk prior to having a job interview by phone. She has just returned from over seas with her husband whom had been traveling the world. She hung herself and was not found for months. A gentleman happened to find her behind his home up in a large tree :( :( I hope this is not the case with Michael. Prayers to all

Take this with a grain of salt because I cannot remember where I read it (on the Find Michael FB page).but someone replied to a comment that it was only a few pieces of cord/thread and they seemed to be cut to the same length (a few inches, IIRC). I'll continue to look for the comment so as can better direct anyone interested.

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_ro...cle_0f1d791e-a57b-11e7-9ff0-27008986c0c5.html

The human remains found Friday on Nicholson Drive are believed to be those of LSU student Michael Nickelotte Jr., 21, whose parents had reported him as missing for almost two weeks.

The body was discovered by hunters, said Casey Rayborn Hicks, a Sheriff's Office spokeswoman.

Hicks said the family has been notified that authorities believe the body found is their son, though DNA tests will be done to obtain a positive identification.

http://www.wafb.com/story/36489059/...rea-are-possibly-those-of-missing-lsu-student

BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) -
Human remains were found in a wooded area off Nicholson Drive Friday night. Officials with the East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff's Office say the remains are possibly those of missing 21-year-old LSU student, Michael Nickelotte, who went missing on September 18.

The remains were discovered around 6:25 p.m. off Nicholson Drive between Ben Hur Road and Gardere Lane. Casey Hicks with EBRSO says hunters in the area found the body and called authorities.

Hicks also says they must still make a positive ID of the body using DNA testing and that the coroner's office will determine the cause of death. At this time, no foul play is suspected, but the investigation is ongoing.

Hicks also says several items found with the body lead them to believe it is that of Nickelotte.

The East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff's Office and the LSU Police Department are on the scene. The East Baton Rouge Coroner's Office is also on the scene.

Oh no!!! I wonder what happened? My prayers are with his family, I can't imagine what they've been through and what they're going through right now. RIP Michael..

How far away is this from his residence? So sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back