Found Deceased LA - Michael Nickelotte, 21, Baton Rouge, 18 Sept 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Local news stories are reporting that Michael was found in a deer stand. Seems like hit and run is off the table. Foul play is not suspected.

Oh...I hadn't seen that he was found in a deer stand. I thought he was just out in the woods. I see now. :(

My thoughts are with Michael's family and friends. This is just heartbreaking.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Thank you to everyone on this thread for trying to help. Please remember to salute Michael as he was most passionate and proud of being a Marine.

Thank you to everyone on this thread for trying to help. Please remember to salute Michael as he was most passionate and proud of being a Marine.

Thank you for your insights and contributions here. It helped paint a fuller picture of what a beautiful person he was. Surely you must be feeling the loss, too. My condolences to you.

(Modsnip) Any more news? My heart breaks for this family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A deer stand is like a chair or small platform placed on a tree or a pole in the woods. Hunters use them to sit quietly and wait for deer to pass by.

Down here they are more like shelters... some can be pretty large and fit 3 people.

The medical examiner states Michael Nickelotte died from a self inflicted gunshot wound to the head

I'm so sorry this young man felt such despair. My heart goes out to his family and loved ones.

Absolutely! My hat is off to him for this accomplishment.

I hope this doesn't sound insensitive but was a gun found near Michael's body. I know the Coroner stated that Michael died of a self inflicted gun shot wound but nothing about gun being recovered at the scene. I must admit I have only done limited searching about Michael's death.

Be at Peace Michael.

Down here they are more like shelters... some can be pretty large and fit 3 people.

Yes -- that's what I've seen here in NC.

Example:

images

An interesting turn:

"Throughout the painful ordeal of loosing our son, we have been heartened and inspired by the outpouring of concern, love, devotion and prayers offered to Michael and our family.

Many comments about Michael have included descriptions of him as goodhearted, kind, smart, funny, shy & quiet. He was noted as a good leader, and many have stated that they are happy to have known him.

But he may have gotten lost somehow, somewhere among the fear and pain both emotional and physical, and no one knew. Not even his parents as much as we loved him. But we are still not completely sure he took his own life. The investigation of the details surrounding his disappearance was lackluster and insufficient to say the least. If not criminally negligent.

Michael is our beloved son and always will be. We will carry our love for him as well as our sadness of his loss the rest of our lives. He loved gaming, the Marine Corps, knives and swords, SCUBA diving and his family. He was resolute in his goals and insistent on taking care of responsibilities on his own.

We will cherish, honor and love the time we had him here with us. And we miss him more than words can describe. God love and bless you for all eternity son.

Now we are facing the reality of our ordeal that is so painful to relive but necessary to bring to light. The details of the situation we were forced to endure in addition to losing our son. If you are local to our area you have no doubt seen news concerning our son last evening. We brought a complaint against the University, not just the police department concerning the handling of Michael's disappearance. The audio recording of evidence is just a small part of our grievances. Once we filed the complain and entered the recording as evidence it became public record. LSU released to the press.

There are many more details and issues to reveal and have investigated.

http://advocate.la.newsmemory.com/publink.php?shareid=1050bc0d7

http://m.wafb.com/wafb/"

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

An LSU police officer resigned and four others received disciplinary letters after a recording device captured them talking about a missing student's case*and making comments about it that multiple university officials have called inappropriate, according to the university.

LSU Office of Internal Audit officials received the recording on April 17 from the parents of Michael Nickelotte Jr., 21, who*was reported missing in September and was found dead in a wooded area off Nicholson Drive nearly two weeks later. East Baton Rouge Parish Coroner Dr. Beau Clark ruled his death a suicide.

While authorities were searching*for the student and before they found his body, several LSU police officers searched his apartment and took a voiceactivated recorder as evidence, said Ernie Ballard, a university spokesman.

The officers talked for a total*of two hours while the device recorded them, apparently without them realizing it, about a variety of topics, including the case of the missing boy, their thoughts on local judges and what they had for lunch as the device repeatedly started and*stopped as they talked.

MORE AT LINK:. http://advocate.la.newsmemory.com/publink.php?shareid=1050bc0d7

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I wouldn't expect anyone to talk about one single subject for 2 hours. Unless they said something deragatory about the missing, it seems normal, to me. As soon as I get to the computer, I will read the article to see if it is mentioned

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

From the link:

The behavior exhibited by the officers, particularly <KS>...was completely inappropriate.

KS was recorded talking about N's dad, saying he ''sent me a two-page email last night, a big manifesto, about what he's going to do, what he's not going to do.'' and that he was sent multiple tips about possible sightings of his son that were shared on Facebook, but KS said he thinks most people on Facebook are ''crazy.'' He then ignored tips, including one MS' dad provided about searching the lakes near LSU. One shocking comment from KS was "I honestly think old boy went somewhere and offed himself, killed himself. We just got to find him.''

From the link:

The behavior exhibited by the officers, particularly <KS>...was completely inappropriate.

KS was recorded talking about N's dad, saying he ''sent me a two-page email last night, a big manifesto, about what he's going to do, what he's not going to do.'' and that he was sent multiple tips about possible sightings of his son that were shared on Facebook, but KS said he thinks most people on Facebook are ''crazy.'' He then ignored tips, including one MS' dad provided about searching the lakes near LSU. One shocking comment from KS was "I honestly think old boy went somewhere and offed himself, killed himself. We just got to find him.''

I mean... most people on facebook are crazy. And I'm sure police get all kinds of "tips" to search certain places. But those aren't tips. They are just suggestions. And he's wasn't in the lake. They have to follow the evidence, not just go draining every lake and following directions from Facebook posters. I know it's nothing anyone wants to hear, but it sounds like real life and real talk, to me. And they never wpuld have said that directly to the family. And for what it's worth, he did "off" himself and they did need to find him. Not words you would use to the family, but I can understand how that is real talk between police officers. It doesn't seem that bad, to me.

I mean... most people on facebook are crazy. And I'm sure police get all kinds of "tips" to search certain places. But those aren't tips. They are just suggestions. And he's wasn't in the lake. They have to follow the evidence, not just go draining every lake and following directions from Facebook posters. I know it's nothing anyone wants to hear, but it sounds like real life and real talk, to me. And they never wpuld have said that directly to the family. And for what it's worth, he did "off" himself and they did need to find him. Not words you would use to the family, but I can understand how that is real talk between police officers. It doesn't seem that bad, to me.

I quoted the least offensive part of what was said. I think these officers were fired because they called a local judge a moron.

I quoted the least offensive part of what was said. I think these officers were fired because they called a local judge a moron.
Lol I think you're right. But I also think they have the right to an opinion of a judge being a moron. Some of them are.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back