LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys I've read most all posts on all threads and want to chime in on the white truck pictures. I live in Baton Rouge and Mickey's disappearance is a HOT topic, I pray for her safe return.

My husband works with cars/trucks for over 20 years.I would call him an expert that can tell you make/model/year of most GM/Chevrolet vehicles since 1950's. He agrees with Chicken Fried's assessment of the car, it's not a Cadillac, most likely an Oldsmobile.

I've seen several posts about the white trucks and want to share some observations from the pictures.

The truck in this picture http://findmickeynow.com/pic1.jpg AND the truck in this picturehttp://findmickeynow.com/mickey2.jpeg near Circle K are quite possibly the same truck.
Both pictures show a 2004-2006 Crew Cab GMC/Chevrolet with aftermarket 20"-22" rim with a white hard bed cover. dark tinted windows all the way around, chrome door handles and possible chrome gas door. Those are the only years that body style was offered as a crew cab with a short bed. These trucks are half-tons b/c they did not have a full 6ft. bed. The picture is too blury in the Cirlcle K pic to see a bed cover.

The truck in this picture http://findmickeynow.com/mickey2.jpeg is a 2007-2009 Chevrolet Crew Cab with factory rims, possibly a Z-71. If it has a bed cover it is NOT white.

ABSOLUTELY NOT THE SAME TRUCK AS THE OTHER 2 PICTURES!
Based on this information, any speculation that the same white truck was pictured twice at the Circle K going in different directions would be incorrect.

BBM

Okay yall, this is my first "real" post so bare with me :) I know absolutely nothing about cars but since people with far better knowledge have pointed out that the circle K pictures of the trucks going opposite directions seem to be 2 different trucks, I Really wonder which one of those(if either) is the truck we see in the top corner of the car picture in front of the apartments. Is it the first truck turning around or the second that's seen in the left turn lane at circle k?

So is the consensus she was stalked or someone accidently hit her and they panicked?

The stalking has me stumped. Why wouldn't the perp just grab her and leave the bike there? Taking her and the bike is so strange. If the perp stalked her and hit her back wheel to knock her off the bike, I don't get why he/she had to take the bike and then think of a location to dump it the same morning? Was Mickey in the vehicle when he/she dumped the bike?

So many questions......:sigh:

I too want to say what an awesome job WS has done. I've been primarily a lurker here, but when Mickey went missing, this is the first place I thought of. All of the work y'all have done in regards to theories, photoshop, figuring out the vehicles, I'm truly impressed.

I adore Lafayette, and I adored living in the Saint Streets before moving to Houston, but going through there this past weekend just felt so heavy and sad. You know it can happen anywhere, but it's hard when it's where you are from, to the close friend of a close family member.

Hey guys I've read most all posts on all threads and want to chime in on the white truck pictures. I live in Baton Rouge and Mickey's disappearance is a HOT topic, I pray for her safe return.

My husband works with cars/trucks for over 20 years.I would call him an expert that can tell you make/model/year of most GM/Chevrolet vehicles since 1950's. He agrees with Chicken Fried's assessment of the car, it's not a Cadillac, most likely an Oldsmobile.

I've seen several posts about the white trucks and want to share some observations from the pictures.

The truck in this picture http://findmickeynow.com/pic1.jpg AND the truck in this picturehttp://findmickeynow.com/mickey2.jpeg near Circle K are quite possibly the same truck.
Both pictures show a 2004-2006 Crew Cab GMC/Chevrolet with aftermarket 20"-22" rim with a white hard bed cover. dark tinted windows all the way around, chrome door handles and possible chrome gas door. Those are the only years that body style was offered as a crew cab with a short bed. These trucks are half-tons b/c they did not have a full 6ft. bed. The picture is too blury in the Cirlcle K pic to see a bed cover.

The truck in this picture http://findmickeynow.com/mickey2.jpeg is a 2007-2009 Chevrolet Crew Cab with factory rims, possibly a Z-71. If it has a bed cover it is NOT white.

ABSOLUTELY NOT THE SAME TRUCK AS THE OTHER 2 PICTURES!
Based on this information, any speculation that the same white truck was pictured twice at the Circle K going in different directions would be incorrect.

ask your husband about this please... I am not a "car guy"

this pic gives a similar signature based on wheels, front appear convex, rear are concave, rear stance, and rear quarter panels as this type of vehicle...
http://www.esquire.com/media/cm/esquire/images/chevy-silverado-3500hd-0708-lg.jpg
i agree, the other two do not...

tell hubby thanks...

So is the consensus she was stalked or someone accidently hit her and they panicked?

The stalking has me stumped. Why wouldn't the perp just grab her and leave the bike there? Taking her and the bike is so strange. If the perp stalked her and hit her back wheel to knock her off the bike, I don't get why he/she had to take the bike and then think of a location to dump it the same morning? Was Mickey in the vehicle when he/she dumped the bike?

Yes, one of the two I think.

If they left the bike there, there would be clear and present evidence that something was quite wrong indeed; as it was, the perp - if this indeed is the way it happened - gained a valuable amount of time.

'Or sending a subliminal message/taunting'..

Honestly, I think very very few criminals do this, even serial killers. I think that people think criminals do this bc of what someone called 'The CSI Effect' earlier. JMO.

Please be patient. I just got here and am reading backwards. The white truck image by the wall... is that not a person walking in the upper left?

Where can I find the surveillance videos?

I thought it was a person to but someone said it was proven to be a street sign. There are photos on page one of this thread.

this is on versailles, right before the university intersection. there is a middle school across the st, hence the speed limit school zone sign

That is what I thought too, until becky posted the video and said she was by johnsons boucannaire? I think it was Versailles too:headache::headache::headache:

i am a little behind today... i am hoping someone else here can do that for me/you...
understand... on tv when trying to enhance a bad photo they may push the enhance button a few times and end up with a clear picture... it may start there but ends up as something less "visual"... picture an actual heart beating... then picture a sine wave on an ekg... the ekg is just showing a mathematical representation of this beating heart but can tell us a lot more than just "looking" at a heart... somebody here can probably "photoshop" them clearer for you, but I am looking at the picture's "ekg" as well as the photo itself...

that being said... in the first pic of the bike there is a signature of a car about 15 yards behind her but you cant "see" it. the headlights produce a only a reflection from ambient lighting and are clearly off. This is a single lane in this direction and a vehicle should not be parked there. once looking at the right area, you can "see" what appears to be a light source behind it, based on the shadow cast by the vehicle, it appears to be brake lights...

think 15 yards behind her and look again... it is small... top edge on the right
http://findmickeynow.com/mickey3.jpeg

hope that helped...

Okay, remember that my name is Dum~Dum........

You do NOT mean the vehicle on the far upper right that looks like it is parked near a pole, correct?? (that maybe looks like it is parked facing the wrong way? I dunno)

Are you talking about a tiny rectangle at the top of the image,and more to the right, that looks to be in Mickey's lane of traffic???

thanks for helping

I have been trying to keep up, but have not been able to read every single page, so I don't know if someone has already mentioned this. Is it possible she met someone new, who possibly approached her at Artmosphere? That person may have invited her to some kind of after-party and she didn't want to let BW (am I getting that right?) know? So, she may have been headed somewhere other than home, somewhere her abductor wanted her to go, just so they could follow her and pick her up? I'm sure investigators are already doing it, but I would be looking at video from Artmosphere to see who all she had been talking to that night, or questioning people to see if she had possibly been talking to strangers.
I'm only thinking this because when I was younger and out with male friends, men would sometimes come up to me while my friend was in the bathroom or getting drinks and try to get me to leave with them, although I never did!
SchrodingersKitty - love the name.

What if she was hit accidently and they panicked as you mentioned. Maybe they ditched the bike and took er to a hosptal outide of town in order to avoid detection. Im grasping at straws but I wonder if hospitals in nearby towns have been called.
I am positive every hospital in LA has been urged to be on the lookout for Mickey. From Lafayette to NOLA and everything in between.

Took a break to get the kiddo in bed, and you guys are already over ten pages deep into a new thread! Whew! I will catch up, but in the meantime, have a quick question to post. Forgive me if it's been mentioned...

I see searching has been suspended. Also, that LE has said they searched "enough" at WB. Does anyone think Tim Miller will be heading out there to check it himself with his team.? I only ask bc there have been cases in the past when LE has cleared an area and Tim has searched again more thoroughly, and found the victim. He has better equipment and training/experience. I know that it can be tricky with egos and such, a bit sensitive, but does anyone think this is a possibility? From googlemaps the area looks so big and daunting and LE only searched for such short time... Jmo

Equisearch has already been in the area searching for her for a few days.

We aren't releasing the condition of the bike other than the fact it was damaged in the back.But our belief currently is that the bike was dumped beneath the bridge and wasn't thrown from the bridge.http://www.klfy.com/story/18570540/m...mickey-shunick

I think this white truck hit her bike from behind to knock her off the bike.If it were only an accident why not just take her to the hospital? The question is where is Mickey? I think they know who owns this truck if he is local.Somebody knows.

Personally I don't think she was hit accidentally. I dont know if I think she was stalked or just randomly abducted (crime of opportunity).

Could you point that out on a map for me ohhhh please lol.

the camera is where my "b" point is
[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Versailles+Blvd&daddr=Versailles+Blvd&hl=en&ll=30.225079,-92.025679&spn=0.005043,0.009495&sll=30.225079,-92.025679&sspn=0.005043,0.009495&geocode=FSgxzQEdrsmD-g%3BFRYxzQEdqcaD-g&t=h&mra=dme&mrsp=0&sz=17&z=17"]Versailles Blvd to Versailles Blvd - Google Maps[/ame]

Could just be as simple as an initial thought of taking the girl and the bike ...both would have value to a creep. Maybe there was a thought of a quick buck made on the bike, maybe out of town. No way he would have ANY thoughts of this getting as big as it has.

SchrodingersKitty - love the name.

We can't be sure kitty is actually here.
36cupe.jpg

Sorry so OT! I have a thing for Schrödinger's cat jokes.

i am a little behind today... i am hoping someone else here can do that for me/you...
understand... on tv when trying to enhance a bad photo they may push the enhance button a few times and end up with a clear picture... it may start there but ends up as something less "visual"... picture an actual heart beating... then picture a sine wave on an ekg... the ekg is just showing a mathematical representation of this beating heart but can tell us a lot more than just "looking" at a heart... somebody here can probably "photoshop" them clearer for you, but I am looking at the picture's "ekg" as well as the photo itself...

that being said... in the first pic of the bike there is a signature of a car about 15 yards behind her but you cant "see" it. the headlights produce a only a reflection from ambient lighting and are clearly off. This is a single lane in this direction and a vehicle should not be parked there. once looking at the right area, you can "see" what appears to be a light source behind it, based on the shadow cast by the vehicle, it appears to be brake lights...

think 15 yards behind her and look again... it is small... top edge on the right
http://findmickeynow.com/mickey3.jpeg

hope that helped...

Trying to attach pic. Dunno if I did it right ....

Attachments

• Micky car.jpeg
    Micky car.jpeg
    27.3 KB · Views: 67
Been thinking,...Was BW bike stolen by the possible perp (assuming it was someone she knew) out of jealousy or spite? A sign of things to come?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3