LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sherry Arnold left behind a sneaker when she fought with her attackers (she was out for an early morning jog)

I would not be surprised at all if LE has found other items in the area including one of the handle grips, etc

They did find the handle grips. After looking up Sherry's case, the perp(s) drowned her and then buried her. I wonder if that could have happened here and that's why the bike was found where it was found?

God, I hope not.

I'm sure we'd all like to know what Cpl. Mouton was referencing when he referred to LE being in possession of "other items of interest that we're not currently releasing at this time."

My God I didn't even notice that. Wasn't looking much at that picture. Where was this, does anyone know?

On Versailles. I'll attach the lightened image, again.

Attachments

• Micky car.jpeg
    Micky car.jpeg
    27.3 KB · Views: 71
If the bike were t-boned by a vehicle only hitting one of the wheels, what kind of damage would you think it would do? I am envisioning a DUI with lights off going through a stop sign or other.
I was Tboned by a delivery truck two blocks from a hospital in NYC. My car was totalled essentially but I am keeping it running till I can get a new used one. My driver side door was dented in to the point where the door will not open or close. The person who hit me was at "excess speed"; no witnesses so Police could not write speeding. But I say the car that hit me was going 45 mph. It is very possible this same scenario could have happened to Mickey near the Imaging Center or OBGYN offices on Brashear Street (one block after she turned left off St Landry). I think she would have sustained much more damage to just the back rim though. I think the frame would have been mangled in some way if it was speeding through a delivery area. My car frame was bent to the point where I can not open the door on the driver side.

I am leaning to the idea that the bike was bumped to take her intentionally; or that she had a minor accident and got stranded and took a ride. I think it is entirely possible it may not have been stalked and planned at all; that someone in a bad neighborhood saw and opportunity and set lets hit her! and then panicked and who knows what from there.

Okay, remember that my name is Dum~Dum........

You do NOT mean the vehicle on the far upper right that looks like it is parked near a pole, correct?? (that maybe looks like it is parked facing the wrong way? I dunno)

Are you talking about a tiny rectangle at the top of the image,and more to the right, that looks to be in Mickey's lane of traffic???

thanks for helping

i tried to explain that visually you cant see it... but you CAN see the reflection of the headlights and the sharp shadow cast on the ground to the rear foreshadowed by the vehicle... try not to look for a vehicle... look at the shadows on the ground... the camera can not get enough light off of it that far away to illuminate it...

it would be just to the left of the dark parked car but way up the road... appears to be stopped in a bus loading area... if the dark car was an inch... one inch left of it, one inch up... put your finger there... now your finger should be covering it

I think it is suspect that someone accidentally hit her and then took her in a panic. Wouldn't that type of thing be on one of the surveillance cameras? Or is there a pretty good distance between cameras?

Honestly, I think very very few criminals do this, even serial killers. I think that people think criminals do this bc of what someone called 'The CSI Effect' earlier. JMO.

It's because of the Zodiac killer who DID taunt the cops and the community.

I think it is suspect that someone accidentally hit her and then took her in a panic. Wouldn't that type of thing be on one of the surveillance cameras? Or is there a pretty good distance between cameras?

A panicky driver may not have been so careful. One would think they'd be more apt to drop something or miss a detail.

I screw up everything I touch when in a panic.

i tried to explain that visually you cant see it... but you CAN see the reflection of the headlights and the sharp shadow cast on the ground to the rear foreshadowed by the vehicle... try not to look for a vehicle... look at the shadows on the ground... the camera can not get enough light off of it that far away to illuminate it...

it would be just to the left of the dark parked car but way up the road... appears to be stopped in a bus loading area... if the dark car was an inch... one inch left of it, one inch up... put your finger there... now your finger should be covering it

Most of us would put a red circle around the area on the image and re-upload it :)

This message isn't for you wodalo, it's for dum dum. This one, top upper right, you can only see it dimly

Attachments

• mickey03.jpg
    mickey03.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 223
I believe it was a local man that got her.

I met and joined a volunteer search party of more than 30 manned atvs last saturday near the acadiana mall. They told me that Leo's had given them a map of areas of interest.

If the Leo's allowed volunteers to search the whiskey bay aka Sherburne wma area there would be injuries and missing volunteers without a doubt. The woods are very thick and unforgiving even to an avid outdoorsman. The canopy of trees is so thick that gps cannot triangulate at all times. Even horses, atvs, and airboats can't penetrate deep into the swamp. The river is up to 80 feet deep in places and the current is several mph at least.

Oy. I have to finish something for a meeting tomorrow.

I wish there was a WS bat signal.

Look! Up in the sky! WebSleuths has new information!

That would be fab.

Shelly and Becky~

In your first video (with cute young son who shall remain nameless waving from the back seat) there is a bus that stops to pick people up/drop off at a stop--might be near the Circle K. I am wondering if the public buses run that late at night, and also if they have cameras inside?
If so, there might be a driver/passengers that witnessed something, or at least saw Mickey at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth