LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been thinking,...Was BW bike stolen by the possible perp (assuming it was someone she knew) out of jealousy or spite? A sign of things to come?

I think the stolen bike could be connected. If the perp was stalking her for awhile, he may have wanted BW's bike out of the way. Increased the chance that Mickey would bike alone.

just some thoughts on bike accidents:

I got t-boned while riding my bike across a set of rail road tracks by a drunk guy who was maybe going 15-20 mph (he ran a stop sign). I had a road bike (built much like Mickey's) except it was not fixed gear..(nurse has to have her gears, ya know!) with road tires. Suffice it to say my reflector shattered, handle bar was mangled, and front wheel was almost completely bent in half.

(speaking of road tires, mister nurse does ironmans and I have seen a road tire bend after an athlete hit a pylon fwiw... they are very fragile rims)

So what I am trying to say in a nutshell, after looking at that bike... and hearing what the damage sounds like... it sounds like a "nudge" if you will vs full on impact...

:moo:

I apologize if I missed this has already been posted/asked/answered before. I have been reading this thread since this morning and I am not able to catch up to all of the posts.

Can someone please tell me where this security cam pic was taken? I've been "Google map driving" for hours and just can't find it.

Thanks!
It is confusing. I drove the route today. This is a white that had just turned left from St Landry onto West University. To the right of this truck is the graveyard; to the left is 'security cameras' from where cameras are actually sold. Behind this to the left and right would be the Laf govt building. This truck is headed up west university; a straight shot out of town to I-10. Bw house would be to the right and up a few blocks from this truck. All this truck needed to do was go straight and he would end up at the I-10 exit going Eastbound.

Shelly and Becky~

In your first video (with cute young son who shall remain nameless waving from the back seat) there is a bus that stops to pick people up/drop off at a stop--might be near the Circle K. I am wondering if the public buses run that late at night, and also if they have cameras inside?
If so, there might be a driver/passengers that witnessed something, or at least saw Mickey at some point.
Lafayette Transit System Hours of Operation

Day Service Runs from 6:30 AM to 6:30 PM Monday-Saturday

Night Service Runs from 6:30 PM to 11:30 PM Monday-Saturday
http://www.ridelts.com/

A lot of confusion was generated by the surveillance photos being displayed (by the media) out of sequence, most without timestamps, and almost zero documentation of exact location.

:sigh:

And a lot of sleuthing and local input has been required...much appreciated.

I believe it was a local man that got her.

I met and joined a volunteer search party of more than 30 manned atvs last saturday near the acadiana mall. They told me that Leo's had given them a map of areas of interest.

If the Leo's allowed volunteers to search the whiskey bay aka Sherburne wma area there would be injuries and missing volunteers without a doubt. The woods are very thick and unforgiving even to an avid outdoorsman. The canopy of trees is so thick that gps cannot triangulate at all times. Even horses, atvs, and airboats can't penetrate deep into the swamp. The river is up to 80 feet deep in places and the current is several mph at least.

So how did the perp get her bike there?

I think the stolen bike could be connected. If the perp was stalking her for awhile, he may have wanted BW's bike out of the way. Increased the chance that Mickey would bike alone.

Interesting...:what:

Shelly and Becky~

In your first video (with cute young son who shall remain nameless waving from the back seat) there is a bus that stops to pick people up/drop off at a stop--might be near the Circle K. I am wondering if the public buses run that late at night, and also if they have cameras inside?
If so, there might be a driver/passengers that witnessed something, or at least saw Mickey at some point.

Lafayette Transit buses run from 6:30a-11:30p

There are serial killers and other killers that do taunt cops (Zodiac, BTK, Anthony Allen Shore, The Beltway Snipers, etc.) but it really is a pretty rare occurrence when you consider the shear number of murders that occur each year.

hmmmm good point

Ailina,

What he's saying is it's a GM product. i.e. Buick, Olds, Chevy, Cadillac.
How on earth can't they narrow it down better? It's an Olds, and I'm not the only one here saying that!

And it darn sure isn't the '90s, because Caddy was the only one making those land yachts then, and it ain't a Caddy....

That is really frustrating me.

chicken fried I most certainly can understand your frustration with respect to the vehicles as it is an area that you have great knowledge in.

Give me DNA, anatomy etc. anytime.

When it comes to vehicles though I know that I am totally hopeless with respect to being able to tell someone the make, model etc. It is actually a standing joke in my family how bad I am with vehicles. That may be one reason why LE is keeping the descriptions fairly generic. They might receive more tips that way.

I can though describe the person driving the white 4 door truck and where they are headed.

I hope this is making sense :)

I am doubtful that the friend's bike being stolen is related...bikes are stolen all the time...and I think Mickey was a victim of time and place, more than personally stalked.

just some thoughts on bike accidents:

I got t-boned while riding my bike across a set of rail road tracks by a drunk guy who was maybe going 15-20 mph (he ran a stop sign). I had a road bike (built much like Mickey's) except it was not fixed gear..(nurse has to have her gears, ya know!) with road tires. Suffice it to say my reflector shattered, handle bar was mangled, and front wheel was almost completely bent in half.

(speaking of road tires, mister nurse does ironmans and I have seen a road tire bend after an athlete hit a pylon fwiw... they are very fragile rims)

So what I am trying to say in a nutshell, after looking at that bike... and hearing what the damage sounds like... it sounds like a "nudge" if you will vs full on impact...

:moo:
Agreed, nurse. Just enough impact to make the bike inoperable, leaving MS at the mercy of a perp posing as a remorseful good Samaritan.

Does anyone know what type of wheels were on Mickey's bike? Aluminum perhaps? DH and I are working a theory...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Frustrates me, too, chicken. Guess that's the speed of info going into the tip line.

Well, I spoke at length with a few folks today while handing out fliers. Got some posted at Walmart-Ambassador and the plaza in front of it, Rite Aid on Johnston (by GMC dealership), Piccadilly, and 107.9 FM. Ran out though. I'll get more out tomorrow.

And I'm hoping the word-of-mouth will kick in quick.
I will post chicken frieds new fliers at the CC's on Johnston tomorrow. alberstons, the hospice etc. No need for anyone else to go there. Just FYI.

We can't be sure kitty is actually here.
36cupe.jpg

Sorry so OT! I have a thing for Schrödinger's cat jokes.

Ha! Love it. My fiance is a physicist and we have 5 rescue kitties, so I thought the name was fitting.

Are there any (new) skidmarks in the areas where she could've been possibly hit?

I stand by my ID. They must not think it's important enough to ID it, yet he said it's the public's job to find the car.

It's a 1977-'84 Olds 98.

Looks like THIS

Not being a policeman, with all due respect, and though they're overwhelmed with tips, I think that's really sloppy police work, considering they're telling the public to look for three vehicles. It's equivalent to telling them it's a 2000s GM truck.

Sorry to any LE reading.
Chicken fried, we all thank you but I have one question: that blurry photo of the 'Caddy' seems to have a much longer rt rear horizontal light than the pciture you posted above. Does it appear longer because of some 'effect' you guys alluded to. Not that it matters but just asking.

It's because of the Zodiac killer who DID taunt the cops and the community.

I don't know if anyone remembers this but a couple of days ago someone posted about a guy on another website who went by the name Zodiac Killer. He knew A LOT of info about the white truck, etc.. before police released the surveillance footage. Someone contacted the Tipline about it. Hope the police took it seriously!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3