LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only M. knows for sure what her route was and why....
Lots of speculation but nothing concrete...

and the volunteer search has been called off indefinitely, as well as donations of goods ....Unexplained why...
There are scheduled benefits in the area so it could have been called off for that reason. all day long tomorrow for sure. Has anyone brought up the possibility MS could have NOT truned left onto cajundome and gone down johnston street; a more direct home in well lit hours at night IMHO. ??

So locals- or any of you, it just might be easier to think this over if you know the area- do we think this was a person who likely lives in Lafayette & went to dump the bike, or someone who lives somewhere along the bridge, off the bridge (BR, etc.) who dumped the bike on his way home?

I think either way it's someone who knew their way around Lafayette well and some what knows their way around the interstate at that area.

Just curious as to the thoughts of where its most likely the person might live.

Wow...I'm truly humbled.

I've always loved Lafayette ever since we moved here in 2001, but sometimes, I thought maybe I was just a biased, romantic out-of-towner.

Nope. This city is authentic and so are it's people. <3

I visited for the first time earlier this month. (jazzfest) and absolutely fell in love with the area, the people and the culture.
Ok, Sorry about my OT remarks....Thanks

Took a break to get the kiddo in bed, and you guys are already over ten pages deep into a new thread! Whew! I will catch up, but in the meantime, have a quick question to post. Forgive me if it's been mentioned...

I see searching has been suspended. Also, that LE has said they searched "enough" at WB. Does anyone think Tim Miller will be heading out there to check it himself with his team.? I only ask bc there have been cases in the past when LE has cleared an area and Tim has searched again more thoroughly, and found the victim. He has better equipment and training/experience. I know that it can be tricky with egos and such, a bit sensitive, but does anyone think this is a possibility? From googlemaps the area looks so big and daunting and LE only searched for such short time... Jmo

And also, if she DID go down Brashear (which is likely since she's not on the next camera at St. Landry) that would've only taken her about 20 seconds from 1:48am at the circle K. With the car being down university at 1:49 am and not even having reached St. Landry yet, it never would've even crossed her path or seen her by the time it reached this point....unless of course it went down Brashear too. But that's doubtful because of the traffic barriers. Anyone VEHICLE wanting to cut across to Johnston wouldn't take Brashear

Unless they (in the White Truck) were following her down Brashear and caught up with her OR she cut in front of them @ St. Landry and Brashear and was clipped and they collected her and the bicycle and pulled a U-turn at Calder?

Perhaps some of the security cameras do a 360 degree rotating loop-de-loop and don't catch everything 100%?

So locals- or any of you, it just might be easier to think this over if you know the area- do we think this was a person who likely lives in Lafayette & went to dump the bike, or someone who lives somewhere along the bridge, off the bridge (BR, etc.) who dumped the bike on his way home?

I think either way it's someone who knew their way around Lafayette well and some what knows their way around the interstate at that area.

I would think it's someone from Lafayette who dumped the bike there because they're stupid and know that's a good area to get rid of stuff...but didn't do it very well.

Hey guys I've read most all posts on all threads and want to chime in on the white truck pictures. I live in Baton Rouge and Mickey's disappearance is a HOT topic, I pray for her safe return.

My husband works with cars/trucks for over 20 years.I would call him an expert that can tell you make/model/year of most GM/Chevrolet vehicles since 1950's. He agrees with Chicken Fried's assessment of the car, it's not a Cadillac, most likely an Oldsmobile.

I've seen several posts about the white trucks and want to share some observations from the pictures.

The truck in this picture http://findmickeynow.com/pic1.jpg AND the truck in this picturehttp://findmickeynow.com/mickey2.jpeg near Circle K are quite possibly the same truck.
Both pictures show a 2004-2006 Crew Cab GMC/Chevrolet with aftermarket 20"-22" rim with a white hard bed cover. dark tinted windows all the way around, chrome door handles and possible chrome gas door. Those are the only years that body style was offered as a crew cab with a short bed. These trucks are half-tons b/c they did not have a full 6ft. bed. The picture is too blury in the Cirlcle K pic to see a bed cover.

The truck in this picture http://findmickeynow.com/mickey2.jpeg is a 2007-2009 Chevrolet Crew Cab with factory rims, possibly a Z-71. If it has a bed cover it is NOT white.

ABSOLUTELY NOT THE SAME TRUCK AS THE OTHER 2 PICTURES!
Based on this information, any speculation that the same white truck was pictured twice at the Circle K going in different directions would be incorrect.

This community, and everyone in it, is a thing of beauty! But, Chicken Fried...What an amazing man you are. I wanted to commend you for your "stubborn" ways. Many would have just given up by now....Now, eat...you poor thing! and the girls who posted the videos? Damn good job! All of you are great...

It's strange to be a "local" here at WS. I came here during the Casey Anthony trial and I remember studying google maps to get oriented.

Please be patient. I just got here and am reading backwards. The white truck image by the wall... is that not a person walking in the upper left?

Where can I find the surveillance videos?

No. It's a street sign.

Videos haven't been released afaik.

Hey guys I've read most all posts on all threads and want to chime in on the white truck pictures. I live in Baton Rouge and Mickey's disappearance is a HOT topic, I pray for her safe return.

My husband works with cars/trucks for over 20 years.I would call him an expert that can tell you make/model/year of most GM/Chevrolet vehicles since 1950's. He agrees with Chicken Fried's assessment of the car, it's not a Cadillac, most likely an Oldsmobile.

I've seen several posts about the white trucks and want to share some observations from the pictures.

The truck in this picture http://findmickeynow.com/pic1.jpg AND the truck in this picturehttp://findmickeynow.com/mickey2.jpeg near Circle K are quite possibly the same truck.
Both pictures show a 2004-2006 Crew Cab GMC/Chevrolet with aftermarket 20"-22" rim with a white hard bed cover. dark tinted windows all the way around, chrome door handles and possible chrome gas door. Those are the only years that body style was offered as a crew cab with a short bed. These trucks are half-tons b/c they did not have a full 6ft. bed. The picture is too blury in the Cirlcle K pic to see a bed cover.

The truck in this picture http://findmickeynow.com/mickey2.jpeg is a 2007-2009 Chevrolet Crew Cab with factory rims, possibly a Z-71. If it has a bed cover it is NOT white.

ABSOLUTELY NOT THE SAME TRUCK AS THE OTHER 2 PICTURES!
Based on this information, any speculation that the same white truck was pictured twice at the Circle K going in different directions would be incorrect.

what about the gas compartment cover? its clearly visible in the first picture, but not the second. not saying its not the same truck, just trying to figure out why i cant see it.

Why do police think the bike was dropped there the night it happened?

They haven't said. But I would say its either because there is evidence to suggest that. Or there isn't any evidence to suggest otherwise.

It's strange to be a "local" here at WS. I came here during the Casey Anthony trial and I remember studying google maps to get oriented.

I came here for the Annie Le case a few years ago. And every time someone has gone missing, I've always given a huge sigh of relief it was not in Lafayette.

It was the age of innocence.

Hi WS. I've been reading these threads for days. I have lived in Lafayette since I was 14,(am 33 now), and I believe whoever did this is here in Lafayette parish. JMO:notgood:

Unless they (in the White Truck) were following her down Brashear and caught up with her OR she cut in front of them @ St. Landry and Brashear and was clipped and they collected her and the bicycle and pulled a U-turn at Calder?

Perhaps some of the security cameras do a 360 degree rotating loop-de-loop and don't catch everything 100%?

I was just referencing the car not seeing her at all if the times are correct.

The trucks on the other hand very well could have. But its also possible that second camera on St. Landry takes random video every few seconds or so or does indeed rotate or something and just didn't catch some stuff. Only LE knows that. So its possible it didn't see her ride by and thus this whole timeline I made is pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopy22192