LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried to put a map together of Mickey's route with the photos, just to see how this could have happened. The white truck that is almost at the cemetery is out of place somehow, facing the wrong way. I'm not certain that's the same truck. Thoughts?

I should have added this info with the mapping -

At approximately 1:47AM the bicyclist is captured on Versallies Blvd travelling towards St. John Street. She then travelled on St. John Street and crossed over University Avenue, continuing west on St. Landry Street where she was captured on video at approximately 1:48PM. Investigators are seeking information regarding a white newer model four door pickup truck, which was captured on video after Mickey Shunick travelled on both streets

StreetcarRider,welcome.. How long have you been following criminal cases, and are they specific cases; abductions, etc?
I have been following abduction cases for a little over 4 years & researching effective investigation strategies.

One of my favorite profilers; JOHN DOUGLAS(1997); Author and FBI BSUProfiler. He penetrates the minds and motives of the most terrifying Serial Killers. He is one of the pioneers of the FBI’s Elite BSU; originally called the witches unit, and later changed to the BAU. Many of the techniques, strategies, and procedures used in tracking and identifying unidentified subjects today can be attributed to his experiences into the abyss or darkness…

Prologue: ‘In the Mind of a Killer’

Douglas said, "This isn’t the Hollywood version. It isn’t sanitized or prettied up or rendered into art. This is the way it really happens. If anything, it’s much worse than the way I describe it"…

"AS I HAD SO MANY TIMES BEFORE, I PUT MYSELF IN THE MIND OF THE KILLER..

He goes on to say that he also puts his head into the head of the victim, to be able to see the whole picture….

"IMO, those days are gone"..

Oy. I have to finish something for a meeting tomorrow.

I wish there was a WS bat signal.

Look! Up in the sky! WebSleuths has new information!

That would be fab.

Catching up, But I LOVE that you said "oy"...I all to often am heard saying "Oy Vey and Verklempt...

Just took a little ride to Opelousas and had my eye out for the car on the way there. On the way back it was too dark to see anything. But, I pulled up next to several white trucks at red lights and something occured to me. Most of us are assuming this truck on camera had/has a chrome gas cap door. What if....the door is actually missing, and what we're seeing is the actual gas cap, which is black. What's to say he hasn't put it back on by now, or even if it was chrome, he could have changed it back to white. Sigh.

Mamamia~
I am trying to see the arrangement of photos in a new way.
I just don't think I have it in me.

There are so many Lafayette locals out and about on this case for Mickey and for the sake of their community and joining Webseuths to post information and feelings. I commend you all for joining the effort for Mickey!

:wagon:
:welcome:

I posted the flyer on KLFY, KATC, a couple guys on my friends list who drive hoopties, and my wall. And....I sent it to CS. I told her how you guys had gone over and over it for hours before finally getting it right and that we really need to get this out. She's going to post it on the official site and the FB pages and have some printed up!

I've posted chicken fried's fliers on FB as soon as they were released, they are going around quickly too!!

That is what I thought too, until becky posted the video and said she was by johnsons boucannaire? I think it was Versailles too:headache::headache::headache:
Owning my mistake. I posted that she was on versailles near the university intersection. It is wrong. I went with Becky today. MS did NOT take a right off parkside onto Versailles to get to University. She took a left onto Versailles and on her left is that vehicle noted in another picture (with the 25 mph flashing sign) that shows a vehicle parked possibly with break lights on. That darker color vehicle would NOT HAVE BEEN parked in the bus/car lane as previously suggested but instead would have been between a bank parking lot and a residential area at 2am. Odd place to be. I suspect something with that dark vehicle on Versailles. Can anyone tell if it has lights on? has an occupant inside? To the left of where that car is parked is an open field behind a bank; eery place. AND come to think of it MR SHUNIK and I noticed that the house next door to BW had a/c and electrical services even though people said it had not been occupied. What would a dark colored vehicle near MS be doing in this area lat eat night? The bank is closed; though there is an ATM drive through there. It is a Mid south bank. Further up behind MS on Versailles is a courthouse and old library that has been moved temporarily. Pretty sure courthouse and library close at regular hours. Can anyone tell in which direction that dark vehicle is turned? which way it would have to go to if it started?

StreetcarRider,welcome.. How long have you been following criminal cases, and are they specific cases; abductions, etc?
I have been following abduction cases for a little over 4 years & researching effective investigation strategies.

One of my favorite profilers; JOHN DOUGLAS(1997); Author and FBI BSUProfiler. He penetrates the minds and motives of the most terrifying Serial Killers. He is one of the pioneers of the FBI’s Elite BSU; originally called the witches unit, and later changed to the BAU. Many of the techniques, strategies, and procedures used in tracking and identifying unidentified subjects today can be attributed to his experiences into the abyss or darkness…

Prologue: ‘In the Mind of a Killer’

Douglas said, "This isn’t the Hollywood version. It isn’t sanitized or prettied up or rendered into art. This is the way it really happens. If anything, it’s much worse than the way I describe it"…

"AS I HAD SO MANY TIMES BEFORE, I PUT MYSELF IN THE MIND OF THE KILLER..

He goes on to say that he also puts his head into the head of the victim, to be able to see the whole picture….

"IMO, those days are gone"..

I have read a few of his books. Love him!!!!!!!!:woohoo:

Tried to put a map together of Mickey's route with the photos, just to see how this could have happened. The white truck that is almost at the cemetery is out of place somehow, facing the wrong way. I'm not certain that's the same truck. Thoughts?

I think the pic of her alone is in the wrong place. I don't believe she went down Versailles to University as the map appears?

There are 2 strange coincidences between BW and MS - B bike stolen, M bike found in water. Cell phones both turned off at approximately the same time. Too many coincidences here. I'd love to know what LE knows but OTOH, I'd rather they keep it to themselves until they take someone into custody.

I may be completely wrong, but I don't think she was hit by a vehicle either accidentally or on purpose. I think there is more behind this story. I agree with your post, Eskimo. There are just so many possibilities!

When I was a kid, we could play outside all day all over town and we were all safe. These days kids can't play in the front yard alone.

Do we know that Brettly's phone was turned off? We know it died during a phone call, but we don't know if he turned the phone on as it was powering up.

This is a question asked in all honesty with no malicious intent:

It is said that the north side is predominantly where the most African Americans live.

Is there an area in Lafayette that is predominantly Hispanic?

I ask this, because out here in Los Angeles, the ginormous cars are a favorite of the Latinos, too.

This is a question asked in all honesty with no malicious intent:

It is said that the north side is predominantly where the most African Americans live.

Is there an area in Lafayette that is predominantly Hispanic?

I ask this, because out here in Los Angeles, the ginormous cars are a favorite of the Latinos, too.

Not really. Theyre all kind of mixed into the same areas here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Btoole5