LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A petty drug deal dealer would have no problem coming forward for an award. These people don't really do any jail time. Repeat offenders, maybe. LE isn't really interested in the petty stuff, they just use the small timers to get info and get the bigger perps. I know that LE would have no problem looking the other way if someone were to bring forward info regarding this case.

I stayed up until 3:00am. attempting to get the correct route where Mickey was seen on cam, and finally I came up with an article that outlines both her route and the times involved. So, with some clearer thinking and reading this is her route.

Police said one segment of video shows the cyclist on Versailles Boulevard, traveling toward St. John Street at 1:47 a.m. May 19. She then traveled onto St. John Street and crossed over University Avenue, continuing west on St. Landry Street, where she was captured on another video at 1:48 a.m.
http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...34/Police-map-Mickey-s-route?odyssey=nav|head

Now I feel a whole lot better about the video I made of that route yesterday. I was afraid I had goofed up somewhere because I kept missing the school speed limit sign that's visible in that pic.

So now they're saying the white truck is two different trucks? I thought at first they said it was the same truck, passing the camera area twice?

http://findmickeynow.com/
Scroll down a bit. The first picture is one truck. The next two pictures containing trucks are the same truck going in an opposite direction on St. Landry.

That's not true Megsy. The police have reported there are two trucks.

For clarification purposes, I will be referring to the four pictures posted on 5/26 as pictures 1-4 as they are numbered. I will refer to the three pictures posted on 5/25 as 5, 6, and 7 in the order they are shown.

The truck in pictures 1 and 6 is the same truck. Picture #6 was taken at the circle k shortly after Mickey passed. Picture #1 was taken shortly after picture #6 after the truck turned onto University Ave heading west/north. The police have said they believe this truck is a GMC.

The truck in picture 2 is a stand-alone picture. This is the only image of it we have seen. The police have said they believe this is a Chevy Z71.

The car in pictures 3 and 4 is the same car. Picture 3 is taken when the car is heading south/east on University Ave approaching the circle k. Picture 4 is taken on St. Landry street in the direction Mickey and the truck from picture 2 were seen heading. The police have said this car has body damage on the right rear quarter-panel and they think its an 80s-90s GM model. A posted here, Chicken Fried, believes this car is a late 70s-early 80s Oldsmobile.

Mickey is seen in pictures 5 and 7, with picture 5 being the last time she was seen on camera.

Since these images aren't time-stamped, we can't make any additional assertions on their order. I'd guess that the circle k photos go Mickey (picture #5), truck traveling her direction (picture #2), and lastly truck in left turning lane (picture #6). I assume this because its noted the truck traveling her direction was behind her, and there is an additional car in the gas station in picture #6 with someone who seems to be going inside, likely to pay.

<modsnip>

I stayed up until 3:00am. attempting to get the correct route where Mickey was seen on cam, and finally I came up with an article that outlines both her route and the times involved. So, with some clearer thinking and reading this is her route. Also included are some alternate routes she may have taken to get to Johnson St, after she was seen on the cam at Circle K.

Police said one segment of video shows the cyclist on Versailles Boulevard, traveling toward St. John Street at 1:47 a.m. May 19. She then traveled onto St. John Street and crossed over University Avenue, continuing west on St. Landry Street, where she was captured on another video at 1:48 a.m.
http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...34/Police-map-Mickey-s-route?odyssey=nav|head

I kinda thought the route had already been established?

For clarification purposes, I will be referring to the four pictures posted on 5/26 as pictures 1-4 as they are numbered. I will refer to the three pictures posted on 5/25 as 5, 6, and 7 in the order they are shown.

The truck in pictures 1 and 6 is the same truck. Picture #6 was taken at the circle k shortly after Mickey passed. Picture #1 was taken shortly after picture #6 after the truck turned onto University Ave heading west/north. The police have said they believe this truck is a GMC.

The truck in picture 2 is a stand-alone picture. This is the only image of it we have seen. The police have said they believe this is a Chevy Z71.

The car in pictures 3 and 4 is the same car. Picture 3 is taken when the car is heading south/east on University Ave approaching the circle k. Picture 4 is taken on St. Landry street in the direction Mickey and the truck from picture 2 were seen heading. The police have said this car has body damage on the right rear quarter-panel and they think its an 80s-90s GM model. A posted here, Chicken Fried, believes this car is a late 70s-early 80s Oldsmobile.

Mickey is seen in pictures 5 and 7, with picture 5 being the last time she was seen on camera.

Since these images aren't time-stamped, we can't make any additional assertions on their order. I'd guess that the circle k photos go Mickey (picture #5), truck traveling her direction (picture #2), and lastly truck in left turning lane (picture #6). I assume this because its noted the truck traveling her direction was behind her, and there is an additional car in the gas station in picture #6 with someone who seems to be going inside, likely to pay.

<modsnip>.

The problem is, those photos should have been at least labled, that is what is confusing everyone. Now that I have your explaination of them, I'll attempt to label them, thank you for posting and welcome.

<modsnip>.

I think Megsy WAS explaining how there were 2 trucks. And we do have time stamps, somewhere.

I really don't think the shooting at the bar (Shannon's) is related. It has been YEARS since I have been there, but it really does not seem like a place Mickey would go. Besides, it's way across town and it happened on Monday or Tuesday. (BTW, I am still trying to get more info on this incident if anyone has any, TIA)

never implied she went there... implied that at the same time she would be in the area... this bar would be on last call... one of the men in the shooting (victim) was from another town that would have put his path over parts of hers... at the right time...

i was implying that maybe something happened either on purpose or accident that night on his way home and a few days later back at the bar he told his buddy about it and did not get the reaction he was looking for from his buddy...
maybe a threat of being turned in... a shooting out of desperation..? seems plausible... as a matter of opinion... it seems to be very plausible... what else would cause a man to shoot to kill his buddy over an argument, then shoot himself in the chest..? think about it...

For some reason, those surveillance pictures reall REALLY creep me out.

These threads are moving like lightning! I'm trying to catch up and prepare a balance sheet at the same time, but I'm seeing a lot of great posts. I'm so glad there are people here who know something about automobiles, because I couldn't tell the difference between a Buick and a barn. And I wanted to let you know that your efforts aren't in vain: I stopped for gas this morning and saw a copy of the poster that Chicken Fried made yesterday taped to the window of the gas station. It made me really proud to be part of this community, even though I haven't been here long :) Keep up the GREAT work, guys!

Good morning? Short sleep here. You?

Hey, which gas station did you go to? I'm curious if it's one I hit on the way home last night, or somewhere else.

Guys, something that was soo... amazing last night, I have to tell you...

I went out to meet an old friend who I hadn't seen in awhile. He mentioned the case.... and talked about the "new composite sketch" out that was everywhere, all over Facebook, etc. I asked more about it, and it was the poster I made yesterday about the car!

He got pretty excited and called his fiance and friends over, and they had all already received the poster!!!

He was really confused because he said, "why are the police saying the TRUCK was an '80s-'90s GM?"

I explained the confusion, and how they were talking about the CAR, but being vague and misidentifying it. He was upset and said "send me the letter you sent to the detective and tomorrow morning I'm going to get it to CS, because she needs to know this!"

So I said OK and came back here late about 2 a.m., pasting up a few posters on the way back.

I get back her, check this website, and at the same time he and I were talking, lindsayW and billiam said they had already sent it to CS and that she was going to put it up on the findmickeynow Facebook page!!!!

WOW... even before we can do anything, others are moving the ball forward.

So amazing and cool!! The power of the Internet!

He chewed me out for not having Facebook, but then I said that I do things my own way, used a 1997 Mac to make that flyer in a jiffy because it's simple and powerful, and that a dinosaur like me at least knew what Photobucket is, so maybe there was some hope for me.

I am so thankful for the people here taking action and with that many people helping, that's the best chance Mickey has.

I know it's outside the box of me to question the police description.... but getting that specific ID of that car out there seems pretty important, especially after yesterday's presser where Cpl. Mouton in other words said it was the public's job to find the car. And, I can debate any detective with NINE points of agreement on the ID, and would welcome someone showing me any different car that's a better match.

Also amazing - when JBiggoose was working with us al to ID the car, he was on a darn smartphone on a rig off shore!!! how powerful is that?!?!:woohoo:

<modsnip>.
Sorry, my post was poorly worded. I meant the first picture was one truck. And the next two pictures were another truck.

nurse, allegedly the perp dumped the bike that same night/morning. I'm guessing immediately after grabbing Mickey so I don't see how that would've saved time in locating her. Furthermore, he/she risked getting caught doing so.

Unless, it was a ruse. "oops I'm so sorry. I didn't see you. Here let me help you. Oh my goodness. There is damage to your rear tire. Let me give you a lift home. It's the least I can do". Trusting the person like the other young lady who was offered the lift 2 weeks before (sorry don't recall her name).

Once in the vehicle, well......Mickey disappears :( He found the pretty young lady he was looking for. :(

It absolutely bought the perp additional time. By dumping it where he did the search didn't begin until Monday and the bike wasn't even found for another week after that. Had the perp left the bike at the scene, a search could have begun as soon as 10 minutes later if someone saw it laying in the street. From everything I have gathered about MS, I truly doubt she would have gotten into a vehicle with a stranger who just hit her. If she was still coherent/conscious after getting hit, she more likely would have called 911 to report it or called a friend/family to get her.

There was a documentary crime TV show last night about a girl who was deliberately hit while riding her bike many years ago in Hawaii. There were 3 guys in a car, all on drugs, and they left the bike there but took the girl who was injured, a few miles down a remote road where she was raped and killed.
They had been watching her for a while when she was stopped and looking at the scenery and when then saw her again later, one of them told the driver to hit her.

It's so crazy! For a few minutes of excitement they destroy someones life and their own lives too.

ETA: LE found out the size of the vehicle that hit her by measuring the bent area of her wheel and comparing it to the height of the bumper on a car. They knew it wasn't a truck by the measurement.

Thanks for bringing that case up - it's the one I was trying to think of way back in Thread #2
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7960300&highlight=hawaii#post7960300

That was a sad case, and it took years to bring the thugs to justice, her family had to keep pressing LE IIRC.

What is interesting is in that case the poor victim was alone, on an empty road, with no escape...
I've wondered if Mickey had better chances being in an urban area with houses etc... but when I saw the video done by Bayou Becky the area looked allot more lonely... (early on some locals who posted gave me the impression that there lots of young people biking all hours, but looking at the cam photos, the area seems very spooky/empty..).

<modsnip>.
BTW, I don't see how 1 and 6 could be the same truck. The gas tank cover/cap is not discolored in #1 as it is in #6.

never implied she went there... implied that at the same time she would be in the area... this bar would be on last call... one of the men in the shooting (victim) was from another town that would have put his path over parts of hers... at the right time...

i was implying that maybe something happened either on purpose or accident that night on his way home and a few days later back at the bar he told his buddy about it and did not get the reaction he was looking for from his buddy...
maybe a threat of being turned in... a shooting out of desperation..? seems plausible... as a matter of opinion... it seems to be very plausible... what else would cause a man to shoot to kill his buddy over an argument, then shoot himself in the chest..? think about it...

I follow you, but I don't think she made it that far. Also, that bar is kindof a hole in the wall. A neighborhood bar where most of the people there live close by. Although, there was a poker room. I could be wrong though, as I said it has been years since I have been there. There very well could have been a confession of some kind, but I would think it would be more of a Coincidence that it's near her homemade and unrelated.

I get back her, check this website, and at the same time he and I were talking, lindsayW and billiam said they had already sent it to CS and that she was going to put it up on the findmickeynow Facebook page!!!!

She actually told me she was going to "share it with the social media group" which is the team heading up both the website, the Find Mickey event page, and the Find Mickey Shunick Now community/group on FB. However, I've checked several times and they haven't. I posted it personally, but my posting it does not get it on every member's newsfeed. If THEY post it, that will ensure all members see it ON their newsfeed (I know, I know, since you don't "do" Facebook this is all probably gibberish to you anyway). But, hopefully they will get to it soon and we'll have even more eyes on it.

I follow you, but I don't think she made it that far. Also, that bar is kindof a whole in the wall. A neighborhood bar where most of the people there live close by. Although, there was a poker room. I could be wrong though, as I said it has been years since I have been there. There very well could have been a confession of some kind, but I would think it would be more of a Coincidence that it's near her homemade and unrelated.

It's much further than a block from her house...a block from her house would be a Wal-Mart or an Elementary school, just to clear up any confusion.

I doubt that she made it far enough to run into any trouble from anyone in the area where she actually lived--LE said yesterday in the press conference that she had not been spotted on any surveillance cameras aside from the ones she was shown at. Considering the number of traffic cameras and business cameras along her alleged route, she had to go missing somewhere in the St. Landry Street area (whether it be on St. Landry itself or one of the adjoining roads) before making it on to a major road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne