LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh blah. I don't do paid apps either. Oh wells.

sorry, but it's the best app for this kind of forum.
I know it's not Free, but I couldn't find a Free one when I was looking.

The other thread needs locked up.
That's odd. It was locked when I checked right after I posted #12. I did PM a mod again about it. Maybe someone else could too: "The squeaky wheel gets the grease," etc. etc.

The app's $3.00. I'll use the browser.

I remembered I paid for it but not how much. I originally bought it in 2010 to access the KellyMom forums for desperate questions involving breast feeding at 3am. Otherwise, I usually avoid paid apps as well, LOL.

My theory...

The driver of the white truck was impaired (male). The driver had a passenger (female). The driver also had a wife at home (and should not have been with the female). Mickey was hit by accident and the driver and passenger tried to hide what happened rather than face the music.

My theory only. Big MOO.

Certainly a possibility.

I tend to lean toward someone covering up their vehicular homocide for professional reasons. I think someone is concerned about losing their job and having a ruined career...someone with a clean criminal record and a job/career where reputation matters or a clean criminal record matters. Such jobs aren't uncommon. I'm personally waiting on the FBI to return my criminal background check because I often work in foreign countries that require a clean criminal record for work visas, and I read the FBI gets tens of thousands of requests daily.

Agree with who knew. Chicken and I were talking privately, then he posted on the open forum and was gone. I'll give him a virtual spanking when he returns.

Even though the car is ruled out, he'll be very curious to see if I found the correct one (as am I).

I'll post the link to it after Chicken has returned safely.

Okay, I know this has been talked about and cleared up like a gazillion times...but I was so focused on the hooptie yesterday that I had started to forget about the trucks (seemed finding the hooptie would easier than a white truck, even if we know one's a Z71, and apparently it was).

I forget- is there only one pic of the Z71? The one where it's waiting to cross or turn on to University? The other two pics of the white trucks were the same white truck with bedcover? We only have one of the Z71? If not, where's the other one again?

And is common WS opinion that in the pic of the hooptie by the apartment complex, a white truck's front grill can be seen in the upper right hand corner and this may be the Z71 (or the other white truck that has been cleared?)

Sorry. I know this has been discussed again and again but I'm so lost. Would someone please clarify for me? Thanks.

ETA: And has LE said that the Z71 is an extended cab or 4 door? That would narrow it down a teensy bit.

And that would be why Chicken going out to a certain location, frightens me. Where is he? He should have been back by now.

Prolly just got into a long winded conversation with the owner about land yachts and fancy hood ornaments..

Lafayette police have ruled out two vehicles of interest in Mickey Shunick's disappearance, but detectives still need information on the newer model white Z71 pickup truck. Detectives have identified the drivers and passengers in both the older 4-door car and the white 4-door pickup truck with the bed cover. "Investigators have ruled out any involvement by these individuals and they offered no additional clues for the investigation. Investigators continue to seek information on the newer model white Z71 pickup truck," said Cpl. Paul Mouton. The Z-71 truck is the first picture of a vehicle Lafayette police released on Friday, May 25. The picture shows a white 4 door Chevrolet Z71 that traveled in the same direction of Mickey on St. Landry Street. The truck and Shunick were captured on surveillance video. A picture of that truck is included in this story.

And that would be why Chicken going out to a certain location, frightens me. Where is he? He should have been back by now.

From where he lives to where he was going, in lunchtime traffic in Lafayette, it could easily have taken over an hour. I'd give him another 30 minutes before worrying.

Certainly a possibility.

I tend to lean toward someone covering up their vehicular homocide for professional reasons. I think someone is concerned about losing their job and having a ruined career...someone with a clean criminal record and a job/career where reputation matters or a clean criminal record matters. Such jobs aren't uncommon. I'm personally waiting on the FBI to return my criminal background check because I often work in foreign countries that require a clean criminal record for work visas, and I read the FBI gets tens of thousands of requests daily.

Or it was a company vehicle.

Not to sound stupid, but what make is a Z71? Thanks.

The posting this morning from poster named LOP

For clarification purposes, I will be referring to the four pictures posted on 5/26 as pictures 1-4 as they are numbered. I will refer to the three pictures posted on 5/25 as 5, 6, and 7 in the order they are shown.

The truck in pictures 1 and 6 is the same truck. Picture #6 was taken at the circle k shortly after Mickey passed. Picture #1 was taken shortly after picture #6 after the truck turned onto University Ave heading west/north. The police have said they believe this truck is a GMC.

The truck in picture 2 is a stand-alone picture. This is the only image of it we have seen. The police have said they believe this is a Chevy Z71.

The car in pictures 3 and 4 is the same car. Picture 3 is taken when the car is heading south/east on University Ave approaching the circle k. Picture 4 is taken on St. Landry street in the direction Mickey and the truck from picture 2 were seen heading. The police have said this car has body damage on the right rear quarter-panel and they think its an 80s-90s GM model. A posted here, Chicken Fried, believes this car is a late 70s-early 80s Oldsmobile.

Mickey is seen in pictures 5 and 7, with picture 5 being the last time she was seen on camera.

Since these images aren't time-stamped, we can't make any additional assertions on their order. I'd guess that the circle k photos go Mickey (picture #5), truck traveling her direction (picture #2), and lastly truck in left turning lane (picture #6). I assume this because its noted the truck traveling her direction was behind her, and there is an additional car in the gas station in picture #6 with someone who seems to be going inside, likely to pay.

Lafayette police have ruled out two vehicles of interest in Mickey Shunick's disappearance, but detectives still need information on the newer model white Z71 pickup truck. Detectives have identified the drivers and passengers in both the older 4-door car and the white 4-door pickup truck with the bed cover. "Investigators have ruled out any involvement by these individuals and they offered no additional clues for the investigation. Investigators continue to seek information on the newer model white Z71 pickup truck," said Cpl. Paul Mouton. The Z-71 truck is the first picture of a vehicle Lafayette police released on Friday, May 25. The picture shows a white 4 door Chevrolet Z71 that traveled in the same direction of Mickey on St. Landry Street. The truck and Shunick were captured on surveillance video. A picture of that truck is included in this story.
Here's the Advertiser link:

http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...estigation?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

I feel like there is about to be a break in the case. Asking volunteers to take today off "to rest" while TES and LE continue the search, finding and clearing 2 of the 3 VOI, tire tracks found at Whiskey Bay... It feels like everything is lining up.

I feel like there is about to be a break in the case. Asking volunteers to take today off "to rest" while TES and LE continue the search, finding and clearing 2 of the 3 VOI, tire tracks found at Whiskey Bay... It feels like everything is lining up.

I've had a feeling about this since the Press Release yesterday...something big is coming and soon!

Just a reminder: the link is always posted in the IP, but we tend to forget that info after seeing it at the start of a new thread a few times:

• If you find and post new info here on the discussion thread, please also post that link on the Time Line & Media Links

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7984330#post7984330"]LA Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 * Timeline & Media Links ONLY *[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3