LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think someone posted something on WS about tire tracks being found at Whiskey Bay. Any truth to this? I haven't seen it on MSM.

Thank you for this! I've been very concerned for several days now but I didn't want to say anything because I don't want to upset anyone.
Most of us here are not law enforcement personnel, and even if we were, unless we work for the PD in Lafayette, or are private eyes, we would be out of bounds to do any investigating in this case. LPD does not appreaciate it, as most departments would not as well.
Remember... LE has access to a lot of data on the internet that the general public does not. They also have the authority to talk to potential witnesses or suspects and we do not.
A person can also be charged with interfering in a police investigation. So PLEASE, everyone... be very careful!!

Right. And I won't try to stop anyone or tell anyone what to do. Just want everyone to know the risks. This is a missing persons/possible murder investigation....it can be dangerous. You absolutely can be charged with interfering in a police investigations and/or terrorizing the public (because its considered stalking and creating panic) And if you're not LE and don't have a P.I license, you can be charged for investigating withought a license and the PI state board will also hit you with a hefty fine.

So sleuth responsibly...or don't get caught ;)

I think someone posted something on WS about tire tracks being found at Whiskey Bay. Any truth to this? I haven't seen it on MSM.

ABC news reported it this morning as well.

yeah. a campus cop was looking at it when my friend passed by to see if it was gone yet. He told the cop that he hadn't touched it or anything in the ditch and the cop bagged it. just to show everyone its a brush used for the face...like this
BLACKKABUKI10.jpg

i'm very curious as to whether any of her friends or family know if she owns a brush like this....

I think there is a poster here who is in contact with Charlene and can ask.

It was on Good Morning America. I saw the video but who knows how accurate it was. It's the only news outlet I've seen reporting it.

Just because LE has said these vehicles could not provide info does not mean they did not.
LOTS of people have been looking for them and this could be a way to get people of their back. LE is very calculated in the info they give to the public, even though some LEA will make you wonder if their calculator is broke. Now let's see what is behind door number three! (3rd vehicle)

I think it's interesting that we see neither MS or the Z71 in the video passing the apt complex on Landry. Now whether that is this truck in the up corner of the vid shot of the Olds 98 is something else; or LE is not releasing it for obvious reasons. Since MS wasn't seen on that cam, I've speculated she may have diverted thru a parking lot or another side street and the perp may have cornered her there. What if perp had a tazer or stun gun...or abducted by way of a weapon (gun or knife point)?

I will be more circumspect in the future. Lesson to self, that's regarding doing this on the 'net.

In person, I can be pretty low-key and invisible and blend in. I didn't just go barging around. And had it been the car, I certainly wasn't going to stop and stare or go banging on the door. I would have left and called LE. And I didn't pull into the driveway, 8-track blaring, either.

A casual stroll from a few blocks away slouching with a low cap like the rest of the people and then use the corner of the eye.

Shouldn't have put it on the 'net.

When paris_paris shows up, tell her I'm ready for my spanking.

I've always been suspicious of the Patterson story. This just further proves that it's not connected.

Let's nip this in the bud about Chevy Z71:

Lafayette police are still looking for the driver or occupants of this white Chevy Z-71 truck which was in the same area as Mickey Shunick on May 19.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...estigation?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

bilde

This needs to be emphasized so people don't get caught up again. This is the truck indentified as a Z71 by police that is still under investigation. It is traveling the same directions as Mickey and this is the only picture we have.

Picture #2 here: http://findmickeynow.com/

This makes sense of a lot of things:

- Charlie saying the initial photo wasn't 'the' truck, but to look for similar ones
- Polices spending the time to identify this truck as a Z71, but not identifying the other vehicles
- This truck traveled the same direction as Mickey, just behind her
- Neither Mickey or this truck are shown on the camera down the street (at least based on whats been released)

Given all that, this truck may be the key to the case.

It was on Good Morning America. I saw the video but who knows how accurate it was. It's the only news outlet I've seen reporting it.

Thanks!
I just thought it was weird that I didn't see it on The Advertiser or KATC's websites.

Right. And I won't try to stop anyone or tell anyone what to do. Just want everyone to know the risks. This is a missing persons/possible murder investigation....it can be dangerous. You absolutely can be charged with interfering in a police investigations and/or terrorizing the public (because its considered stalking and creating panic) And if you're not LE and don't have a P.I license, you can be charged for investigating withought a license and the PI state board will also hit you with a hefty fine.

So sleuth responsibly...or don't get caught ;)

I don't think it's considered "sleuthing" to ride around on public streets trying to spot a particular vehicle, is it? I can see if you were constantly circling and making people suspicious, but a ride-through or two would hardly get you arrested. I think LE has bigger fish to fry at the moment.

I think it's interesting that we see neither MS or the Z71 in the video passing the apt complex on Landry. Now whether that is this truck in the up corner of the vid shot of the Olds 98 is something else; or LE is not releasing it for obvious reasons. Since MS wasn't seen on that cam, I've speculated she may have diverted thru a parking lot or another side street and the perp may have cornered her there. What if perp had a tazer or stun gun...or abducted by way of a weapon (gun or knife point)?

We are on the same page.

Help me out...is there anything distinguishing on this z71 that we can be on the lookout for? Are the handles black or chrome? I'm looking at the pic, but it's so unclear that I'm having trouble distinguishing anything specific.

I believe the chevy z71 handles are black. My fiance' has a White '08 GMC Sierra z71 (it has four doors total but not the full doors, don't know what it's called when it's like that), and his handles are white like the truck. So, I guess that's one difference bewteen GMC and Chevy - all the pictures I've seen of Chevy z71's the handles are black; however, with the gas tank cover being aftermarketed (chrome, I assume) it's possible the handles are chrome as well.

Regardless of the makeup of this truck, the fact of the matter is that all of these distinctive things such as the gas tank cover, rims, and such can be changed so easily. With that being said, it is worse than looking for a needle in a haystack. This truck is probably one of the, if not the, most popular truck on the rodes - at least here in Louisiana.

From yesterday's press conference, I did not get the impression that Mickey's bike suffered "significant damage."

To me, a bent fender and a dislodged tire is not considered significant damage.

A mangled frame would be significant damage.

jmo
IIRC, it has a bent rim...

I believe the chevy z71 handles are black. My fiance' has a White '08 GMC Sierra z71 (it has four doors total but not the full doors, don't know what it's called when it's like that), and his handles are white like the truck. So, I guess that's one difference bewteen GMC and Chevy - all the pictures I've seen of Chevy z71's the handles are black; however, with the gas tank cover being aftermarketed (chrome, I assume) it's possible the handles are chrome as well.

Regardless of the makeup of this truck, the fact of the matter is that all of these distinctive things such as the gas tank cover, rims, and such can be changed so easily. With that being said, it is worse than looking for a needle in a haystack. This truck is probably one of the, if not the, most popular truck on the rodes - at least here in Louisiana.
It might depend on the trim package. I'm not a truck aficionado but learned a lot about trim packages when we were recently vehicle shopping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne