LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have good photoshopping/editing programs? My computer's abilities are limited to cropping and rotating an image...the back window looks strange to me when I look at it--like it's not an extended cab truck or like there's a toolbox. Are we looking for a standard cab or an extended?

part of the background above the rear of the bed was sharpened along with the truck and appears to be a part of the bed... it is not... look again ... imagine cutting out the pic of only the truck with all background removed... trace the outline in your head... sometimes it also helps to look at the pic reduced (smaller) as pixelated is not what your brain is use to seeing...

hope that helped

bringing over from katc's live chat- some answers to our questions from KATC reporters:
- the police haven't said anything about a make-up brush, only the bike
- truck is a 4 door Z71

2:05 Do LE believe this is an abduction/kindapping or an accident?

2:06 They haven't ruled out anything and don't seem to be leaning in any particular direction. The damage to the bike does add to the hit-and-run theory, but I think there are still some problems with that, personally. Everything is still on the table as far as LE is concerned.

Comment From Michael
Has a psychic been involved?

2:07
Megan Wyatt: Michael: I have not heard of any psychics being involved, but I do know that some Louisiana police have used psychics in the past.
(Gulp.)

Wednesday May 30, 2012
1:54
Caitlin Jacob: Good afternoon everybody. We'll get started in about 5 minutes. Feel free to go ahead and submit your questions now.
1:55
AmandaMcElfresh: Welcome, everyone, and thanks for joining us.
1:59
Caitlin Jacob: Ok, we're ready to get started. Participating in today's chat are Megan Wyatt and Amanda McElfresh, two of our reporters who have been heavily involved in reporting on the Mickey Shunick case.
Comment From SuzieSmith
Who is doing forensics on the bike? FBI? State police?
AmandaMcElfresh: Suzie: The forensic testing is being done by Louisiana State Police at their crime lab.
Caitlin Jacob: And for anyone who is seeing the chat cut-off, refresh your page in a minute or so, the problem should be fixed! Sorry about that!

2:00
Comment From Lola
Why was the volunteer search called off and then resumed?

2:00
AmandaMcElfresh: Lola: The volunteer coordinators felt that everyone needed to take a little break, step back from things and regroup. Texas Equusearch teams were still out today.

2:01
Comment From Carrie
What areas are Equusearch and the police concentrating their efforts on currently?

2:02
AmandaMcElfresh: Carrie: They haven't ruled out any areas, but police said yesterday they are really focusing on the Versailles Boulevard and St. Landry Street areas, since that is where Mickey was last seen.

2:02
Comment From Anne
The truck that is still a VOI, is it a 2 door or a 4 door truck? Any idea of the make/model, or just that it's a z71 package truck?

2:03
AmandaMcElfresh: Anne: It's a four-door, white, Chevy Z-71 that the police think is a newer model.

2:03
Comment From manlet
Was the makeup brush found around the coliseum Mickey's?

2:04
AmandaMcElfresh: Manlet: The police have not said anything about recovering any other items besides the bike. Haven't heard anything about a makeup brush, sorry.

2:05
Comment From Emily
Do LE believe this is an abduction/kindapping or an accident?

2:06
AmandaMcElfresh: Emily: They haven't ruled out anything and don't seem to be leaning in any particular direction. The damage to the bike does add to the hit-and-run theory, but I think there are still some problems with that, personally. Everything is still on the table as far as LE is concerned.
Comment From Michael
Megan Wyatt: Michael: I have not heard of any psychics being involved, but I do know that some Louisiana police have used psychics in the past.

OT-

Damn, I got so distracted by the Q&A that my boudin blew up in the cookpot!
Now all I've got's a bowl of dirty rice, instead.

oh well. .still tastes good.

part of the background above the rear of the bed was sharpened along with the truck and appears to be a part of the bed... it is not... look again ... imagine cutting out the pic of only the truck with all background removed... trace the outline in your head... sometimes it also helps to look at the pic reduced (smaller) as pixelated is not what your brain is use to seeing...

hope that helped

I can see it with it reduced in size...great idea, thanks. :) You've been a great help!

First time poster. I've been with you since thread #7. Amazing community of amazing individuals you've got here. It's an amazing idea to pool resources that would otherwise go to waste.

I must agree with GulfCoastKat. More drivers than ever are driving with illegal Rx pills in their system. Louisiana(probably most states) do not play about their DUI and vehiclular manslaughter/homicide charges.

I remember several cases where someone's past drug use put them away for serious time. For example, a pot smoker who hasn't lit up since two days ago or a pill addict who is functioning as if they were prescribed the medication, could accidentaly through no real fault of their own, get into a crash and had the book thrown at them. These people could be completely sober, and yet their negligent vehicular manslaughter charge just became a vehicular homicide charge with maximum penalty sought. This gives huge "incentive" to someone to cover up or run from an accident. I know this theory is long out the window, but just wanted to chime in.

I think the Z71 will be almost impossible to find. I can think of several people off the top of my head who own them. I was really hoping the Olds would lead somewhere. Although, it does seem like info is being withheld, which is why I came across your site on google.

Thanks again everyone. Sorry for any typos. Using an iPhone.

It doesn't even have to be illegally use of the RX. It could be prescribed to a person but if it is a controlled substance (think narcotic pain meds or anti-anxiety benzodiazepines like Ativan, Xanax, Valium, etc).. The charge would be DUI if stopped by LE. These people usually take and pass a breathalyzer but fail a urine or blood tox screen.

Comment From Kelley
It id rumored there were tire tracks found at whiskey bay. Is this true?

2:09
AmandaMcElfresh: Kelley: Haven't heard anything about tire tracks, but the police do think that the person got off the exit and dropped off the bike, rather than throw it from the bridge, so there might be some tracks around.
Amanda must not read ABC online news; they were the ones (only ones so far I think) to report it.

Comment From Michael
2:08
Comment From Kelley
AmandaMcElfresh: Kelley: Haven't heard anything about tire tracks, but the police do think that the person got off the exit and dropped off the bike, rather than throw it from the bridge, so there might be some tracks around.

Any questions that you guys want asked, for those who can't participate?

I asked about the tire tracks and the GMA coverage too, but I guess we'll see if my question shows up.

Comment From Kelley

Comment From Carrie
Has a special task force been set up though the LPD?

2:10
AmandaMcElfresh: Carrie: Not a task force, per se, but the LPD has about 40 officers working on it and they are getting assistance from a lot of other agencies (other sheriff's office, state police, FBI.) So there are a lot of dedicated resources even if it's not an official task force.

Comment From Carrie
Has a special task force been set up though the LPD?
2:10
AmandaMcElfresh: Carrie: Not a task force, per se, but the LPD has about 40 officers working on it and they are getting assistance from a lot of other agencies (other sheriff's office, state police, FBI.) So there are a lot of dedicated resources even if it's not an official task force.

I can see it with it reduced in size...great idea, thanks. :) You've been a great help!

your internet browser has the ability to zoom in or out on anything

peace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members