LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess this is what is confusing me because the truck turning left onto University from St. Landry does not look like it has a bed cover to me:waitasec: It looks just like the truck that was going down St. Landry in MS's direction.

It does...but LPD says it's not. So we have to just trust that they knew which truck was which and that they said not to worry about that one and ONLY the chevy Z71 headed in the same direction as her.

My son owns a bicycle business so I picked his brain last night about the reported damage on Mickey's bike. After he looked at a photo of Mickey's bike he brought out a wheel for us to play and brainstorm with. He said it is completely plausible that Mickey hit something and got a flat tire and she herself had the rim/tire damage before a vehicle ever approached.

In the single photo of the z71 truck is that a road construction sign on the ground by the corner? Could there have been recent rotomilling or road work on that small stretch of road? What about a storm drain or something along the curb that she may have hit?

If Mickey knew her bike was damaged and not rideable maybe she would be more likely to accept a ride from someone? She had mace, maybe she felt safe willingly getting in a vehicle? Would she be closer to BW's house at this point or hers? Would she have wanted a ride back to BW's house or her own?

Random questions but a theory that gets her and her bike into a vehicle with no visible struggle or screams from her and explains the damage to the bike. If I was local I would scour those few blocks and look for ways she could have got a sudden flat tire.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

You don't conduct yourself by partaking in threaded discussions? A Mickey subforum would allow a thread just for figuring out the white truck pics, and another thread just for organizing searches, and another just for postulating theories, etc etc. This would increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the "sleuthing" done here tenfold.

The never-ending linear thread is a chatbox-style discussion. Nothing is organized or separated into subtopics. So yes, let's do everything possible and one way is for the mod to make a Mickey subforum.

You are excused :)

If they made a subforum for every case of a missing person on here, it would take up a lot of space and the server would crash. WS isn't set up that way. Other forums are.
I do wish the threads would slow down a bit, two or three different threads is kind of much, on top of insisting that those of us who only check in a couple times a day read every post in every thread. If it takes 5 hours to catch up, that's too long, since I am interested in other cases and I'd have to buy new glasses because my eyes would wear out. :what:
My advice is to scroll through the chit-chat and zoom in on the good stuff and don't rock the boat.

I live in Lafayette, 6 blocks from Ryan St. I frankly cannot fathom why Mickey would take the route she took if her purpose was to go straight home. It doesn't make sense.

To get home, she had to ride down all the way down Congress about 4 miles. Ryan Street is a half block from Congress. Why go in the opposite direction? If she got on Congress from Ryan Street, it's 1.2 miles to the intersection of Cajundome Blvd (where her supposed route would eventually take her.) Her supposed route down Versailles, St. John, St. Landry, past the Coliseum to Cajundome Blvd is 2.3 miles.

Could it be she wanted to avoid the less than affluent neighborhood of Congress at University? That's a valid concern yet the darkness and spookiness of the Coliseum route is far scarier. There are TONS of trees down there and not many lights. Then around the Coliseum a lot of kids hang out drinking and being up to no good. If safety was her concern, she could have avoided both routes and cut through the Saint streets down Souvenir gate and that would be 1.5 miles. A little longer than Congress but shorter than St. Landry and not as scary.

But we see her going down Versailles then St. John then St. Landry. So where was she going? Well I take that exact route quite often when I make my late night runs to Taco Bell. Take left on St. Mary from St. Landry and Taco Bell is right down the street at Johnston and St. Mary, 6 very short blocks down. Less than half a mile.

She had been at that same Taco Bell a half hour earlier. Maybe she was still hungry and wanted to stop by?

I realize I'm just guessing here but I honestly cannot see how someone familiar with Lafayette like Mickey was would choose to take the route she supposedly decided to take without there being a reason... the only reason I can think of is Taco Bell. That's the route I take when I drive from near Ryan Street. But that is DEFINITELY not the route I would EVER take to get to Congress.

One other thing, there's been some speculation that there is a car parked with possibly someone standing outside it as Mickey rode down Versailles. Some have speculated that the person may have been using the ATM. I'm fairly certain that bank doesn't have an outdoor ATM. And I don't think it's accessible at night but I'm not at all sure. If it is accessible, shouldn't LE check the ATM receipts for that time period that night to see if anyone was using it at that time?

BTW, this is my first post here. I read these threads and there's good insight here. I was anxious to post to see what other fellow Lafayettians think about my Taco Bell theory.

If you get confused, take notes.

When I began research the missing/murdered women and girls along the I-45 Corridor in TX many years ago, I got confused, so I began taking notes. Now my notes take over 4 large filing cabinets and I am sure I am probably directly responsible for the deaths of a forest full of trees.

I'm with you that they haven't been perfectly clear. But here's the press release page from LPD: http://www.lafayettela.gov/Police/Press_Releases.asp?PR_Id=4677

Here's the appropriate text: BBM, this picture is the one traveling in the opposite direction of Mickey.

and ....
Picture 1 is of the white truck on University. Picture 2 is of the truck traveling in the same direction as Micky on St. Landry.

Here's the question I need answered PLEASE. Was the picture of Mickey that was taken at 1:48AM near the gas station taken BEFORE she crossed over Universal Avenue? Oops, I meant University (I keep getting those two mixed up)

I live in Lafayette, 6 blocks from Ryan St. I frankly cannot fathom why Mickey would take the route she took if her purpose was to go straight home. It doesn't make sense.

To get home, she had to ride down all the way down Congress about 4 miles. Ryan Street is a half block from Congress. Why go in the opposite direction? If she got on Congress from Ryan Street, it's 1.2 miles to the intersection of Cajundome Blvd (where her supposed route would eventually take her.) Her supposed route down Versailles, St. John, St. Landry, past the Coliseum to Cajundome Blvd is 2.3 miles.

Could it be she wanted to avoid the less than affluent neighborhood of Congress at University? That's a valid concern yet the darkness and spookiness of the Coliseum route is far scarier. There are TONS of trees down there and not many lights. Then around the Coliseum a lot of kids hang out drinking and being up to no good. If safety was her concern, she could have avoided both routes and cut through the Saint streets down Souvenir gate and that would be 1.5 miles. A little longer than Congress but shorter than St. Landry and not as scary.

But we see her going down Versailles then St. John then St. Landry. So where was she going? Well I take that exact route quite often when I make my late night runs to Taco Bell. Take left on St. Mary from St. Landry and Taco Bell is right down the street at Johnston and St. Mary, 6 very short blocks down. Less than half a mile.

She had been at that same Taco Bell a half hour earlier. Maybe she was still hungry and wanted to stop by?

I realize I'm just guessing here but I honestly cannot see how someone familiar with Lafayette like Mickey was would choose to take the route she supposed decided to take without there being a reason... the only reason I can think of is Taco Bell. That's the route I take when I drive from near Ryan Street. But that is DEFINITELY not the route I would EVER take to get to Congress.

One other thing, there's been some speculation that there is a car parked with possibly someone standing outside it as Mickey rode down Versailles. Some have speculated that the person may have been using the ATM. I'm fairly certain that bank doesn't have an outdoor ATM. And I don't think it's acceptable at night but I'm not at all sure. If it is accessible, shouldn't LE check the ATM receipts for that time period that night to see if anyone was using it at that time?

BTW, this is my first post here. I read these threads and there's good insight here. I was anxious to post to see what other fellow Lafayettians think about my Taco Bell theory.

Welcome Jefferson! :)

Just a reminder: if you see a post you find objectionable or that violates TOS, do not quote that post in a subsequent reply. Just makes more work for the mods later. Rather, contact a mod by clicking on the red exclamation point at top right of the post, and then express your concern on the next screen.

If they made a subforum for every case of a missing person on here, it would take up a lot of space and the server would crash. WS isn't set up that way. Other forums are.
I do wish the threads would slow down a bit, two or three different threads is kind of much, on top of insisting that those of us who only check in a couple times a day read every post in every thread. If it takes 5 hours to catch up, that's too long, since I am interested in other cases and I'd have to buy new glasses because my eyes would wear out. :what:
My advice is to scroll through the chit-chat and zoom in on the good stuff and don't rock the boat.

Like when my eyes were almost bleeding from reading 600 pages of documents for Isabel Celis lolol.

My son owns a bicycle business so I picked his brain last night about the reported damage on Mickey's bike. After he looked at a photo of Mickey's bike he brought out a wheel for us to play and brainstorm with. He said it is completely plausible that Mickey hit something and got a flat tire and she herself had the rim/tire damage before the truck ever approached.

In the single photo of the z71 truck is that a road construction sign on the ground by the corner? Could there have been recent rotomilling or road work on that small stretch of road? What about a storm drain or something along the curb that she may have hit?

If Mickey knew her bike was damaged and not rideable maybe she would be more likely to accept a ride from someone? She had mace, maybe she felt safe willingly getting in a vehicle? Would she be closer to BW's house at this point or hers? Would she have wanted a ride back to BW's house or her own?

Random questions but a theory that gets her and her bike into a vehicle with no visible struggle or screams from her and explains the damage to the bike. If I was local I would scour those few blocks and look for ways she could have got a sudden flat tire.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

It's possible that the bike was damaged, but I didn't see anything damaging on that road while driving there over the weekend. I think she would have circled back to Circle K and called for help before accepting a ride (Charlie said she wasn't one to take a ride from a stranger). She was closer to BW's house than her own. By her not being on the next camera, there is a very, very small window of "where" this happened if she didn't turn off of the road. If she did turn off, I'm not sure about the condition of that road, but I know some here have driven it.

But it was late. if people are in bed with A/C running and house sealed up tight, very possible for a collision and no one heard a thing.

Whoever talked about bloodhounds is 100% correct.

They need to block those streets - Brashear - St.Landry, maybe others? RIGHT AWAY, before the next rain (has only rained once since then) and sniff out if there was a point she hit the ground.

They better hurry; rain chances tomorrow. I hear thunder outside right now.

TES, FBI etc. bring alot of tools with them.

For example even though the current was too strong for the divers TES was still able to use sonar in the water.

Here's the question I need answered PLEASE. Was the picture of Mickey that was taken at 1:48AM near the gas station taken BEFORE she crossed over Universal Avenue?

No that's after. She is on the corner or University and St. Landry. But already crossed over University

Good theory, except that the Taco Bell drive thru does not allow bikes and the lobby closes before this time. That, and she had just had TB with BW at his house--they had to pick up BW's car so they could do drive thru.

Man, the dog and I go to Fiesta Mart for Mountain Dew, and anarchy breaks out. Settle down, folks. Respect one another. Contact a mod if you have a question or concern.

If this kind of stuff keeps up, the mods (rightly) will close the thread for review, and then that'll cease conversation about this important topic entirely. Get a grip.

No that's after. She is on the corner or University and St. Landry. But already crossed over University

Oh for goodness sake, I mean University - but you say she already had crossed over University? What big street is she waiting to cross then? ty.

You're suppose to ride w/the traffic & wear a helmet... That's the law according to my LE hubby (35+ yrs in LE)...he won't even let me skate w/o "proper gear"

Reading the law, it appears that helmets are only required for kids under 12 or less than 40 lbs or 40 inches. Obviously, it's safer to use one regardless.

I will share this little tidbit. I confirmed with the security company who installed the camera at the Law office on St. Landry that it records in real time with no lag or sporadic framerates (according to them). Meaning, if Mickey or the truck passed it they will be on the camera. Also, LPD is currently reviewing more footage from the camera

WOW WOW WOW thank you for this information holy smokes!

It should be okay for posters to discuss things that have been brought up already...sometimes, someone sees a new angle, etc...I don't find it so difficult to skim through posts and see if there is anything new there and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub