LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
jmo~ but I really get the feeling that this IS the vehicle involved in her disappearance AND LE is trying to give this person the opportunity to come forward to them and explain...
Something BW said EARLY on "YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE DONE!"
it has just bothered me! :banghead:

Could be a friend of a friend of a friend has a white Chevy PU. ?

Hopefully these photos will clear up everything on the white trucks!

Attachments

• Truck 1.jpg
    Truck 1.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 99
  • Truck 2.jpg
    Truck 2.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 92
Dude! Now I even more firmly believe its a Dodge ram. The side by side you posted is by far a better match than the z71. Maybe a different yr than the one you put beside it but still matches A LOT BETTER than the Z71!

Please post it here so that other people will give their opinions because it is really really close.....

I saw a Dodge Ram on my way home from work, oddly enough it had a chrome gas cap which made me think of one of the vehicles. I thought to myself, "hm, I've been thinking it was a gmc or chevy, but the body style is very similar." And then I looked at the handles on the dodge ram (the one I saw) and they were vertical as opposed to horizontal.

With all due respect, some of us don't have time to read the umpteenth threads on the case. Some, like myself, have a full-time job, school work, a toddler, a family to cook and clean for and it's just not possible for us to read every post on every thread. I can only speak for myself, but I can say it's very difficult. I think it takes a lot less time for someone to be kind and simply answer a question than it does for some of us to play catch up. If the the threads and post weren't so frequent, it might be possible. That is not the case, though. I'm not trying to be rude, just asking that you be considerate to those of us who don't have much time to read, but are still interested in the facts and bringing Mickey home. I will step off of my soap box now.

I totally agree with this post :)

Most posters here will be kind enough to those of us who can't stay on here long to answer a quick question or point us in the right direction....that's why I love this place :)

A hit & run?! So where is Mickey? How did her bike get 20+ miles away from where she was last seen? Doesn't hit & run mean the victim and their belongings are left right where they were hit?

I sooooo hope there is a confession, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Possible reason for the day off for volunteer searchers. LE giving the perp the time to turn self in, or already had him in for questioning (long questioning).

I don't see an accident turning into this. I know I posted last thread about how people have incentive to cover up a crime like this, but running seems to be the most plausible reaction. If it was in a deserted area such as the many empty highways in south Louisiana, I might think differently. This was definitely an intentional abduction, not an accident.

If I remember the DTL case(I was young), he confronted the women in more secluded places such as their homes. I think it's someone from out of town because of the proposed area of abduction (as I understand it) and circumstances. You guys seem to have a decent amount of traffic(and eyes), even at night. Although I could imagine a local who wanted the rush of not "playing it safe" with a secluded abduction.

Possible reason for the day off for volunteer searchers. LE giving the perp the time to turn self in, or already had him in for questioning (long questioning).

They haven't called off tomorrow's search.

No!!

There is only 1 picture of the Chevy Z71. The other two are the SAME, RULED OUT TRUCK.
This is making everyone confused!!!
I don't know how we can make it so that new posters can find the correct info easier

oh my eyes... now I see the woman beside the truck in dark pants grey sweatshirt with a long dark pony tail.

Taking a break for a bit.

i have a friend that is close to LE. i'm trying to check the cameras at butte la rose now

I heard this earlier but heard Whiskey Bay. That's why I had posted earlier asking to someone to check the traffic cams.
I'll believe it when I see it on the news.

With all due respect, some of us don't have time to read the umpteenth threads on the case. Some, like myself, have a full-time job, school work, a toddler, a family to cook and clean for and it's just not possible for us to read every post on every thread. I can only speak for myself, but I can say it's very difficult. I think it takes a lot less time for someone to be kind and simply answer a question than it does for some of us to play catch up. If the the threads and post weren't so frequent, it might be possible. That is not the case, though. I'm not trying to be rude, just asking that you be considerate to those of us who don't have much time to read, but are still interested in the facts and bringing Mickey home. I will step off of my soap box now.

I understand what you're saying. My dishes and laundry have been neglected the past few days, er, week. I have two toddlers. I have been out searching, posting flyers, have things to do, but when I come back to my PC I have to read every single thing, I just can't make myself skip ahead. And the more things that are asked reptitively, like several times in each thread, the longer it takes. There are media links that can cover all the FAQ, like her phone, clothes, relationship or lack of with BW, etc. JS. I did apologize for being cranky also. I had to go to a job interview earlier and when I came back it took me 2 hours to catch up. My husband was bugging me the whole time about dinner.

I agree that white trucks, especially Chevy's, are commonly leased fleet vehicles here. But I'm not sure that a Z71 would necessarily be a work truck. This is an upgraded package in addition to the base model, that doesn't seem to have any added benefits to the type of use it'd see in the gas/oil industry to justify a company paying for the higher priced package. My brother works in the oilfield and he gets a new white Chevy truck every 2 years, but not a Z71. I think this is a personal vehicle. I could be wrong, just my opinion. My theory is that the perp had a gun and forced her to put her bike in the bed of the truck and get in the vehicle. I don't think she'd have gone willingly with a stranger, accident or not. She'd just left a group of friends that most likely were still awake and out on the town or maybe just getting home. If she was safety concious enough to carry mace, I think she'd call a friend before she'd accept a ride from a stranger. Could be the same truck seen in the shadows in the video still from Versailles following her since then. Of course that could've been another random white truck on Versailles or not even a white truck at all, hard to tell in the shadows.
Re: shadows on versailles and parkside. In those shadows does it look like this truck? I did not think so at first. It seems like a long vehicle which made me think at first it was the olds 98 ( but JUST FYI it has been ruled out). It is possible then that Mickey had seen that vehicle when she was going up parkside to versaille and decided to turn left on versailles. If she saw that vehicle staring at her on the other side of parkside; she had to make a split second decision. Go rt to university? or left to st john? rt to university would be the logical choice IF I WAS CONCERNED about a CREEPY vehicle in front of me that made me not want to go further down that street. Why MS did not take a rt on versailles to get to university (left) and the rt to st landry behooves me. If SHE was not concerned about that truck in the opposite direction of her from parkside then she would have taken a left on versailles and leisurely decided to go through well lit residential areas to 'get momentum' from st john to st landry to coliseum. I suspect that Z71 was on parkside seeing her travel up to the parkside/ versailles intersection. and he saw her and decided to follow her on versailles to st john to st landry. Perhaps he was a local who has friends who do this sort of thing and wanted to 'be like them'? perhaps he is now the same man tasha met 2 months ago. perhaps he has never done this before. But because she went this route, I think she was not aware of the vehicle in front of her on parkside or saw no harmful potential if she did see him.

Don't even put up the other vehicles, the only one that is important to this investigation right now is the Z 71 it will only further confuse. The other white truck has been ruled out, as well as the primered car.

Attachments

• pic2standalonetruck.jpg
    pic2standalonetruck.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 30
This is the first time I've studied Mickey's path on Google Earth.

The first thing that struck was why on earth she didn't take Congress the whole way. Why did she dip down to St. Landry? Because there is no bike path and a bunch of pain-in-the-rear sidewalks, because traffic is too close to you to ride in the road. I'm satisfied that the reason she didn't just get on Congress right after leaving Ryan St. was bad riding conditions. To get good ones, she had to get to the Blackham Coliseum/Cajundome area and cut north. Congress has a good bike path there.

Here, my thoughts pursue several paths:

1. Foul play in the short distance from the Circle K to 224 St. Landry, causes her to take evasive action into the LafConGov parking lot - two perps in the truck follow her into the large deserted lot, easily catch up before she can escape out the back, hit her with the truck - knock her off the bike, and scoop her up - possibly with the use of chloroform to instantly subdue her. Big wide lot. It's the only escape route to her right in the short distance before she doesn't appear on camera at 224 St. Landry. I strongly lean toward the lot as the location of the abduction. If so, the evidence is on the ground right there in the parking lot of the seat of government. This leads to some strange thoughts.

2. OR, if the perps know the area, they circle around behind the lot, and take a right on St. Mary and then on Parkside, and intercept her as she flees out the back, so that she doesn't appear on camera. This rules the truck IN as a suspect vehicle. But the timing would be tricky, and if she knew she were being followed, she would have a good chance to escape while the truck circled the block.

3. Foul play in the short distance from the Circle K to 224 St. Landry, causes her to take evasive action to her left, all the way across St. Landry, onto Brashear. I am starting to really doubt this scenario. If the perp is closing in from behind, why would you risk crossing in FRONT of him to escape across the road down Brashear? Seems unlikely. And those houses are right on the road, with old, thin widows. Someone should have heard something - a scream or a crash.

4. No foul play in that short distance, and an alternate route taken through the back of the Lafayette Consolidated Government parking lot, so that she never crosses 224 St. Landry, and foul play occurs later, in the neighborhood north of St. Landry, on St. Mary or Souvenir Gate, or around the Cajundome or Coliseum or even later. This likely rules the truck OUT and means the truck is a wild goose chase.. Going all the way down St. Landry would have taken her further out of her way, when I believe her goal was to get to the good bike path on Congress.

IF foul play was not the reason that she didn't show up on camera at 224 St. Landry, I see a good chance that to cut her route shorter and get off of St. Landry as it angled farther and farther away from her desired direction, she purposely cut through the back of the LafConsGovt lot to access the neighborhood north of St. Landry - and took Azalea out of the back of the parking lot, right on St. Mary, and left on Souvenir Gate.....over to the Cajundome to take a right on the bike path to get her back to Congress and get her home.

So.... I'm checking the Lafayette Consolidated Government parking lot, Azalea, St. Mary, Souvenir Gate (and surrounding streets) the bike paths around the Cajundome, and then the stretch of Congress the rest of the way back to her home.

And the truck could be ruled in, or out, depending. What a case.

Can something be added to every new OP so it shows exactly which truck LE are looking for? That will hopefully stop the confusion people seem to be having.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Little boston