LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Possible reason for the day off for volunteer searchers. LE giving the perp the time to turn self in, or already had him in for questioning (long questioning).

Good point. They wouldn't seriously want several hundred people out putting themselves are risk for heat stroke or other injuries while searching, if they had their answer right in front of them.

They haven't called off tomorrow's search.

True, but could still. Who knows. We probably won't get any info until tomorrow, regardless.

Don't even put up the other vehicles, the only one that is important to this investigation right now is the Z 71 it will only further confuse. The other white truck has been ruled out, as well as the primered car.

You need to just automatically repost this EXACT post every 2 page.

Someone can post THE ONLY RELEVANT PICTURE OF A TRUCK IN THIS INVESTIGATION on the MSM links / Timeline thread and we can all visit it when we want and then we won't have to talk about trucks so much.

Hopefully, if there is a confession(there's not), it's not a forced one.

Watched a gut-wrenching documentary of a simple guy with a history of petty crime from Thibodaux, LA who survived a shrimp boat sinking, only to "confess" to killing the captain and sinking the ship. Someone came across the case, and after research, had him exonerated and the cops fired.

Nothing made me feel like this investigation might go somewhere more than hearing that the FBI was involved. Local LE is .. lacking.

My coworkers and I were discussing the possibility of a smaller car being involved. Trying to fit the bike in the trunk but won't really fit, hence trying to slam the trunk and bending the rear wheel? And removing the grips to fit better? Thoughts?
Whic brings me back to that dark parked car on versailles that was beside her when she was traveling that route; that had a possible person beside it. and that LE has not yet listed as suspect. Should someone call the tipline about that dark car? It looks like it has a trunk. Just saw MS pass versailles. smaller car.

Possible reason for the day off for volunteer searchers. LE giving the perp the time to turn self in, or already had him in for questioning (long questioning).

And they also announced the other private investigator. If there were a confession, the rest of it would look like a game. What the hell is going on.

Can't say I'm shocked that the Shunicks have hired a private investigator; can say I'm surprised.

We now have dueling tips lines.

http://www.facebook.com/findmickeynow

Agree, makes you go hmmmmmm ....and wanting to go back to the beginning.
Aye, indeed it does. Trouble in the ranks. Communications might have broken down. Certainly bodes ill, aye it does. A talking point for certain, this. Something besides....besides trucks.

It is VERY early for a PI...can't remember seeing one so early, less than 2 weeks in...at least, not many.

I saw a Dodge Ram on my way home from work, oddly enough it had a chrome gas cap which made me think of one of the vehicles. I thought to myself, "hm, I've been thinking it was a gmc or chevy, but the body style is very similar." And then I looked at the handles on the dodge ram (the one I saw) and they were vertical as opposed to horizontal.
Thank you!!! But I was talking more about the front grill.....

Someone told me if I want it to be a dodge ram quad cab then it is
.,..so I am passing that along to you because people ft it stuck in their heads that it has to be what they say......I found that they entertained my idea a little.......I am glad I got somebody who sees the same thing I do.

They have a picture or a z71 and the truck of interest in a side by side pic.

After asking a few time I got someone to post a side by side of the truck of interest and a Dodge ram. [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7985681&postcount=133"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012: #13[/ame]

Tell me what you think but its already been discussed.....

And they also announced the other private investigator. If there were a confession, the rest of it would look like a game. What the hell is going on.

Good point. Why would the family make that announcement if a suspect was in custody?

According to A.C.I. the PI has been on the case from the beginning. I have no proof of this. It is a repost from another WS member.
Info was posted on Facebook thread within the hour of the time I posted it. Had not seen it elsewhere.

This is the first time I've studied Mickey's path on Google Earth.

The first thing that struck was why on earth she didn't take Congress the whole way. Why did she dip down to St. Landry? Because there is no bike path and a bunch of pain-in-the-rear sidewalks, because traffic is too close to you to ride in the road. I'm satisfied that the reason she didn't just get on Congress right after leaving Ryan St. was bad riding conditions. To get good ones, she had to get to the Blackham Coliseum/Cajundome area and cut north. Congress has a good bike path there.

Here, my thoughts pursue several paths:

1. Foul play in the short distance from the Circle K to 224 St. Landry, causes her to take evasive action into the LafConGov parking lot - two perps in the truck follow her into the large deserted lot, easily catch up before she can escape out the back, hit her with the truck - knock her off the bike, and scoop her up - possibly with the use of chloroform to instantly subdue her. Big wide lot. It's the only escape route to her right in the short distance before she doesn't appear on camera at 224 St. Landry. I strongly lean toward the lot as the location of the abduction. If so, the evidence is on the ground right there in the parking lot of the seat of government. This leads to some strange thoughts.

2. OR, if the perps know the area, they circle around behind the lot, and take a right on St. Mary and then on Parkside, and intercept her as she flees out the back, so that she doesn't appear on camera. This rules the truck IN as a suspect vehicle. But the timing would be tricky, and if she knew she were being followed, she would have a good chance to escape while the truck circled the block.

3. Foul play in the short distance from the Circle K to 224 St. Landry, causes her to take evasive action to her left, all the way across St. Landry, onto Brashear. I am starting to really doubt this scenario. If the perp is closing in from behind, why would you risk crossing in FRONT of him to escape across the road down Brashear? Seems unlikely. And those houses are right on the road, with old, thin widows. Someone should have heard something - a scream or a crash.

4. No foul play in that short distance, and an alternate route taken through the back of the Lafayette Consolidated Government parking lot, so that she never crosses 224 St. Landry, and foul play occurs later, in the neighborhood north of St. Landry, on St. Mary or Souvenir Gate, or around the Cajundome or Coliseum or even later. This likely rules the truck OUT and means the truck is a wild goose chase.. Going all the way down St. Landry would have taken her further out of her way, when I believe her goal was to get to the good bike path on Congress.

IF foul play was not the reason that she didn't show up on camera at 224 St. Landry, I see a good chance that to cut her route shorter and get off of St. Landry as it angled farther and farther away from her desired direction, she purposely cut through the back of the LafConsGovt lot to access the neighborhood north of St. Landry - and took Azalea out of the back of the parking lot, right on St. Mary, and left on Souvenir Gate.....over to the Cajundome to take a right on the bike path to get her back to Congress and get her home.

So.... I'm checking the Lafayette Consolidated Government parking lot, Azalea, St. Mary, Souvenir Gate (and surrounding streets) the bike paths around the Cajundome, and then the stretch of Congress the rest of the way back to her home.

And the truck could be ruled in, or out, depending. What a case.

I'm on the same train as you. I just think that there must be a camera on that back lot of Laf Con Govt with her on it. I really hope they have it and just withholding it from the public. Otherwise, Brashear is the only other possibility and that just seems like a really bad decision.

Can't say I'm shocked that the Shunicks have hired a private investigator; can say I'm surprised.

We now have dueling tips lines.

http://www.facebook.com/findmickeynow
Why suprized? If it were my daughter I would definitely have someone on payroll who could devote all of their time to my baby. We wont even begin to discuss the limitations on LE & this particular agency's current issues (lawsuit).

I tend to agree. If she was intending to get on Johnston, which is one of the busiest streets in town, then why wouldn't she have just avoided all of the side streets and taken Congress straight home? It was mentioned before that cyclists tend to avoid heavily trafficked areas for safety reasons, so if she didn't take Congress for this reason I really can't see her wanting to take Johnston. I'm not a cyclist though, so maybe I'm overlooking something.
I agree with this. I often travel back down Johnston from late night studying at coffee shops and always look at that bike path and the horticulture center; I would have seen someone biking along there and been like "wtf?" at 12 midnight. I think there would probably be enough traffic there at 2 am to do the same thing. Someone would have seen her if she was on the johnston bike path. 100% sure also.

Looking at my theory I just posted about a possible abduction in the Lafayette Consolidated Gov't parking lot....... big problem is that if they were chasing her in the truck, there are some houses right there at the back of the lot that you think would have heard something.... unless she didn't scream in time or didn't scream at all (there's no guarantee she actually screamed - she could have been fumbling with her mace) and got knocked unconscious being hit. That's the only way it could have happened there - if there was not too much noise. But it COULD have happened there, yes. The back of that parking lot is out of view of everything but two houses facing it on Phyllis St., and it was 2 a.m. so they weren't likely looking out the window.

I'm getting more and more of a hunch she went through that neighborhood north of St. Landry, heading toward Souvenir Gate and the Coliseum/Cajundome, and something happened there.

My gut tells me the truck's a red herring.

BUT.

Try this theory on:

Truck sees her turn off into LafConsGovt parking lot..... get curious and turns around.... turns on St. Mary to stalk her through the neighborhood.

So..... KEY question for me now.....

WAS THE TRUCK CAUGHT ON CAMERA AT 224 ST. LANDRY, OR DID IT VANISH, LIKE MICKEY?

You need to just automatically repost this EXACT post every 2 page.

Or everyone just change avatars to the photo of the correct truck. Thanks for taking the fall cam29, I thought exactly what you did.
:rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member