LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was a hit and run, can a biker be killed with the impact sustained by MS bike? To actually kill someone in a hit and run bike accident would seem to take more impact than what MS is said to have sustained. who agrees?

Head trauma--- if she was just knocked off and hit her head on something the right way...and not allowed any medical attention.

Can anyone PM me the AGREED UPON description of the truck, so that I can make a poster?

Please don't let that start a war. Maybe the LE description will be fine.

Thank you all!!

oh my eyes... now I see the woman beside the truck in dark pants grey sweatshirt with a long dark pony tail.

Taking a break for a bit.

lol. I blew it up to 400% and I can see her too. 2 quick reasons these 2 trucks are not the same. No Z71 emblem and if you look closely at the body side molding on the front of the drivers door you will not a black rectangle. Pre 2007 this is where the type truck was noted. (Like C/K1500 or 2500, even 3500 when not a dually) 2007 and up are just body side molding and in light gray letters above the molding SILVERADO is spelled out. No plaque, just letters. Take a look at the googles to see it, too busy with supper, dishes and laundry right now to do it.:juggle:

Just thinking out loud here.....when was the last ransom kidnapping anyone's heard of? That's a difficult crime to accomplish and I can't think when the last time it was when I heard of one.

If anyone has, oh, 15 minutes, here's a lengthy attempt at a legal definition for the term kidnapping:

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/kidnapping

That would be the Koenig case out of Alaska.... Very sad case indeed....

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167607"]Found Deceased AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 01 Feb 2012 - #7 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Those were links to three pictures, only. They imply nothing about the number of trucks. I have no idea how many white trucks there were and nothing here has clarified it. Could be one truck for all I know! The cops say one thing (that isn't clear) and our graphics and software expert, waldolo, says otherwise. Beats me what truck is what!

circle k pic... truck traveling same direction as biker in now the only truck in question... the truck going the other direction that turned left to get its pic taken again has been cleared...

i do not have a lot of time today... in short about the only truck in question
my findings-without the pic in front of me
dark spot on top of cab consistent with sat radio antenna
chrome step bars
unreadable decal on rear fender
4 door
front wheels give a different signature than rear... but still may be the same
flared rear wheel fenders
truck is accelerating
reflective symbol on grille
probable bed liner... at least on tailgate... which is up
truck appears to be veering to the left a bit

gotta go...

Just thinking out loud here.....when was the last ransom kidnapping anyone's heard of? That's a difficult crime to accomplish and I can't think when the last time it was when I heard of one.

If anyone has, oh, 15 minutes, here's a lengthy attempt at a legal definition for the term kidnapping:

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/kidnapping

Kidnapping and kidnapping for ransom are 2 different things. Kidnapping can mean holding someone against their will. That is different than kidnapping with intent to bargain for their release. I think at this point semantics are mute.

Now, assuming she WAS heading home, and not somewhere else, looking at it for the first time, I see no reason at all for her to get off St. Landry until she hit Coliseum Rd. In my opinion, there's nothing THAT wrong with St. Landry, though an empty hospital seems to spook some folks. Take a right on Coliseum Rd. and a quick left between those two big barns just north of Blackham Coliseum. As a biker, that would be my preferred cutover, then get right on that nice long bike path paralleling Cajundome Blvd. - up to Congress.

I agree. I don't think she planned to get off St. Landry until Coliseum Rd. The hospital moved in April last year, so it's barely been empty a year. She's likely been biking this area for years and felt safe continuing down St. Landry even after the hospital was moved across town. Theoretically/traffic-wise, it should appear to be a safer route than Brashear to Johnston.

I do not want to get picky but let me clarify a few things. The truck with the white bed cover that has been ruled out was going EAST on west university rd. University runs east west; st landry/st john run north - south. Just FYI.

It's actually the opposite. University is north/south. St. Landry is east west. University intersects with I10 which is an east/west interstate.

You missed my comment upthread. as a local, I'm telling you there's no way she did that on a bike a 2:30 a.m.!

I'm a local. That's not city out there toward Duson... Lafayette turns to desolate, dangerous country roads with no shoulder. She would have to be completely blubbering insane to do that long extra ride on insane dangerous roads, at 2:30am, feeling sick, just to feed her horses. Not only is it a long ride, she would be asking to get run into the ditch. No one bikes those roads.

Thank you for answering even though you thought I was nuts for asking. I thought perhaps the stables were close to her route and might have been why she deviated. :) Now that has been put to rest...

I'm sorry, the horse theory is out. Completely. Not even a chance. It was a valid point when brought up for those that don't know the area or where the barn is, but I think we have squashed it. I have been there. It is fa fa away, ESP on bike. No disrespect. Carry on.

Precisely why I took some time away. Was starting to feel like a pissing match. "I'm smarter than you and you're all wrong" vibe. Yuck I get enough of that at home with my teenager! :jail: LOL

I completely understand, as you can see I've been a member since 2008 but I rarely post. Im here everyday reading.

Don't even put up pictures of the other vehicles, the only one that is important to this investigation right now is the Z 71 it will only further confuse. The other white truck has been ruled out, as well as the primered car.

Attachments

• pic2standalonetruck.jpg
    pic2standalonetruck.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 23
Would not necessarily be blood. Idk how these things work, but I hit a deer Saturday night, and there was no blood. I slammed on my brakes, there was quite a jolt (my Mickey flyers went FLYING all over my truck btw) and a loud thud. I rolled down the window and there it was lying, and I was surprised there was no blood. Just looked asleep.

And maybe they are calling it "hit and run" but actually just mean hit and dump. This COULD be why TS was flown in a helicopter somewhere yesterday, and why they called off the volunteer search, and maybe like this person said, they are trying to get all the info they can before making a big announcement. There have been 2 other posters today that "heard" the same info. I haven't seen it leaked on FB as of yet though. I won't be surprised if it turns up true tomorrow.
I heard the same thing. It is all over fb as well. There were tons of cops by Lourdes around 4 and KATC.

Broken neck? ... idk

An injury resulting in loss of consciousness accompanied subarachnoid hemorrhage with very rapid swelling of the brain in a case that does not expand. The hemorrhage would be caused by vascular shearing with sudden deceleration of the brain inside the hard skull case.

This truck was already going around on FB that resembles the truck of interest.

Attachments

• 526694_419168831456594_100000904411669_1202364_2147002401_n.jpg
    526694_419168831456594_100000904411669_1202364_2147002401_n.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 48
Kidnapping and kidnapping for ransom are 2 different things. Kidnapping can mean holding someone against their will. That is different than kidnapping with intent to bargain for their release. I think at this point semantics are mute.
Point taken. I wasn't suggesting the kidnapping for ransom reference to apply to this case. As an English major, however, can't concede that semantics are ever moot points.

Creole Sleuth cleared the whole issue away famously for now in a post upthread by determining the JVM guest wasn't even the detective hired by the Shunicks. So the issue is moot, that I will concede.

Here's the question I need answered PLEASE. Was the picture of Mickey that was taken at 1:48AM near the gas station taken BEFORE she crossed over Universal Avenue? Oops, I meant University (I keep getting those two mixed up)

No that's after. She is on the corner or University and St. Landry. But already crossed over University

Thats not a street. Its a big parking lot

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7978694&postcount=5"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 * Timeline & Media Links ONLY *[/ame]

I once was blind but now I see. Thank you so much for your patience - I think I'm brain damaged or something. I can finally see that Mickey was not stopped at a light but was cycling in the lane that would be flowing with traffic heading down St. Landry Street. She is directly at the point where, if she had wanted to, she could hang a right into the large LCG blg. parking lot.

Why didn't anyone correct me when I posted she was stopped at a light? Anyway, one thing that screwed me up is that the Circle K is facing caddy-corner toward the LCG building thus St. Landry Street, although it's address is 615 W. University Avenue.

If the link works above, the picture of Mickey is shown at a wider angle or am I imagining that too? :skip:

I hope I didn't open a can of :worms: and make people :pullhair: due to my errant posts.:eek:hdear:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx