LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody beam the bat signal if Woofie starts a new thread, I'm waddling down to the kitchen for Chips Ahoy.

Let me take the opportunity to say what a breath of fresh air this web community has been. As much as our community here in Lafayette has pulled together, the ugly posts on Facebook by the people of Lafayette has appalled me. I am thankful for WS because of the level of respect shown even in times of much disagreement. I feel like I know each one of you personally! :yourock:

It's already been clarified (Lafayette Consolidated Government Chief Administrative Officer), but, knowing Dee Stanley personally and knowing a "Chief Administrative Officer" position and its background, I suspect like others who had posted that this could be big. CAO's don't go to med school, forensics training, police academy, etc...They serve the public, but don't usually have to encounter gruesome things. That being said, it's a little strange that he's out there. Is the LCG President unavailable? CAO makes sure everything is being administered/completed correctly. Provides oversight/governance. Not generally the representative in criminal matters. Unless I'm mistaken and there is no longer a Parish President?

Stanley is second in line behind Durel according to Joe Schmoe on FB.

eta: and also MR. Blue Rolfes?

Can someone repost that link again for the live footage of the bridge?

Anyone got a Lafayette news station (TV or radio) that might be streaming this live?

I wonder if he was present for any of the other press conferences?

Usually they would state if they were there or would speak.

I am thinking maybe unhappy family thus maybe being handled a bit differently? Not sure.

The problem I see with this though is that if she were planning on going to congress street all along, there was no point to go all the way to St. Landry to cut through Azalea and get BACK to congress. She could've just gone there to begin with from parkside.

Second, I have to disagree about St. Landry being safer than Johnston. Its a small road with ****ed up sidewalks. Although Johnston has more traffic, the road is nice and smooth and has bike lanes and I feel is much safer to ride on. Assuming LE doesn't have video of her crossing the next camera on St. Landry we know she didn't go down to St. Mary or coliseum and pass the creepy abandoned hospital or horse barn. I think cutting through the quiet neighborhood of Brashear straight to the smooth path on Johnston is much safer that some back *advertiser censored* way through a parking lot to ultimately get back to a road she could have got on to begin with. Plus I believe LCG has cameras in the back of their building that would see anything in that parking lot.

So not saying youre wrong or anything, that's JMO

But here's one more thing to think about. What if she did plan on staying on St. Landry down to coliseum? Was riding down the narrow St. Landry road and someone was right on her *advertiser censored*, or was honking or something. She turns into the parking lot of 215 St. Landry (224 I believe you posted, but the google map address is actually 215) to get out of the way of the vehicle...and it turns into the parking lot with her. She'd be trapped in there, and the camera is only pointed at the street.

You must have missed my original lengthy detailed post.

The reason she originally didn't take Congress is that there's no bike lane, traffic right up on the shoulder, and messed up sidewalks constantly going up and down driveways. i said she purposely avoided that section of Congress... which is why she dipped down to St. Landry. but I fully believe she intended to cut back up to Congress.

You and I will have to agree to disagree about St. Landry vs. Johnston. I don't think St. Landry's as bad as you think, and Johnston St. not as good. Have you biked Johnston yourself? That bike lane's a joke.....stops and starts, and lots more drunk traffic at 2 a.m. I could be wrong. But it's even farther out of her way to go to Johnston, after already avoiding the first section of Congress. At some point she would have been looping down through Broussard, at that rate.

Next, I think you missed what I said. If she cut down Azalea, to head to St. Mary and Souvenir Gate, that's why she's not on the camera! And so she COULD have gone near the barns, Blackham, etc.

Next, I said that I bet she knew about the cut-through in the back of the parking lot and so could have thought she could ditch him, OR, especially that she wasn't being followed at ALL! And so something happened to her later involving an UNKNOWN perp who had nothing to do with the truck.

if she had planned all along to use the Gov't parking lot, then that not only explains her disappearance from the next camera, but also, as now they say there's no shot of the truck coming back, the truck may NOT be involved!!!

I wish I could find my big post to link it, because I do appreciate your addressing my points, but I don't feel you have a good handle on my supporting arguments. I was pretty thorough.

I will say it again. The smoking gun, for me, is whether that truck is on the security camera at 224 St. Landry. If it is, the driver's off the hook. If not, he's the perp, and likely chased her into that parking lot and got her there, or chased her into the neighborhood.

Shoot, i need to find my post so you can look at the whole thing. you're just reacting to a part of my argument.

...and by all means, don't ask about any white trucks... :p

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Well, she could ask mamamia54. I'm sure she would be willing to discuss how there are 2 or 3 different white trucks involved! Just joking :noooo:

Stop talking about food (just kidding) y'all have me craving all kinds of food.

As the midnight hour approaches here in the Central Zone, we have 153 members and 204 guests aboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amandalynn72