LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you :rocker: I was starting to feel like a red headed step child..oh sorry red heads and step children. Not meant to besmirch you.

I used to say that quite often until I acquired one through marriage. Now I have to watch myself.

A lot of people seem to think so. Even her mother put forth that theory. So maybe so....I just feel like it is a sexual predator, but I hope I am wrong.
Thank you Katydid, it helps to get caught up when I hear a few theory's out there.

All you Louisianans who are new to us in these last few days need to stick around WS, btw, after this case plays out however it's going to play. Lots of very interesting threads here, and they need keen minds, every one of them.

Agreed! There are 8 murdered women from Jennings, Louisiana who especially need Louisianians to stick around and work for justice for them!!! (They have their own listing under serial killers on WS).

Agreed! There are 8 murdered women from Jennings, Louisiana who especially need Louisianians to stick around and work for justice for them!!! (They have their own listing under serial killers on WS).

Oh I've been looking into that case and stalking those threads for a LONG time.

I've been lurking all week, and must say locals and non-locals have been giving this case 100%. I've been of the thought all along Mickey was no longer with us. I really hope I'm wrong, but I can't imagine the Chief of Police and Dee Stanley (loved the redflex remark about Durel!) out there for a backpack. Hopefully the family/friends will get an answer soon.

This is not good. It's just not good. I mean it's good that if it is her body then the family can have some closure but it just sucks. I'm so sad for her family right now.

Lera and anyone else wanting to catch up quick: Here is a link to the timeline/media thread. There are maps, articles, pictures etc.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173725"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173725[/ame]

Other than the other Serial victims being dumped there, has other bad things happened there Chicken? I too think its beautiful there.

The murders... and quite a few people killed in awful wrecks over the years. They should never have allowed a bridge to have been built like that.

If, God forbid, they find Mickey there, that will be the THIRD killer to defile it and shatter lives. It's a sad, sad place.

First post. I have been lurking for about a week.

I was raised in Lafayette, but now live out of state. I still have friends and family there and visit when I can.

My best friend when I was in my teens lived in the Saint Streets area and we biked all around that part of town. In those days, the city government building was still the old Sears department store.

I hate to bring this up, but there is something that has been nagging me about the whole white truck discussion. I have not seen anyone else bring this up.

If I understand it, we have two photos of "Bed Cover" truck. The first on St. Landry at the traffic light waiting to make a left onto University Ave. The second of the truck heading north on University. We are to conclude that the truck entered St. Landry at some point east of the intersection then turned left on University. The blurry vehicle at the edge of the photo taken of the old sedan heading away from University could be this same truck approaching the intersection.

Here is my confusion:

In the police department news release concerning the photo of "Bed Cover" truck heading north on University, they say:

"The first truck (Picture 1) drove from the area that Mickey had traveled. It is evident from the new photo that the vehicle has a bed cover and tinted windows."

The truck drove from an area "that Mickey HAD traveled". I take that to me down streets on which Mickey had previously been. Would that not mean either Versailles Blvd or St. John St? If that is the case, the truck approached University from the St. John St. side. Not the St. Landry St. side.

Can somebody clear this up?

:welcome::Welcome1::welcome3:

Anyone know who the white unmarked van belongs to that showed up a little while ago?

Praying for MS and her family.

After reading through this thread I thought I'd comment on a couple of things.

I took my first breath in Louisiana and hope to take my last one here too.
This place is special.
Nowhere else in the world like it.

It's times like this that I am most proud of our people. We stand together. We help our neighbors. It's what we do.

A couple of posts have surprised me coming from fellow Louisianians. To see that Troy Landry's accent is "embarrassing" or the further down the bayou accents get "worse" is very disheartening.

There is NOTHING embarrassing about Cajun tradition and culture.

I hope people can learn about our great state and our people from those of us that know Louisiana best.

JMO

I've been lurking all week, and must say locals and non-locals have been giving this case 100%. I've been of the thought all along Mickey was no longer with us. I really hope I'm wrong, but I can't imagine the Chief of Police and Dee Stanley (loved the redflex remark about Durel!) out there for a backpack. Hopefully the family/friends will get an answer soon.

:welcome4::wagon:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member