LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
#14 will turn out to be a l-o-n-g thread as a thunderstorm is coming my way here in NE OK with rather dramatic lightning, so the PC's going to be shut down here shortly. Thanks, all, for caring and devoting your time to this thread, and thus to the case of Mickey Shunick. Prayers for her tonight.
Thank you, Woofie! Hope that storm passes quickly and you get a good night's rest.

Dear God I don't know whether to be relieved or more frustrated. I came to WS for Kyron Horman. That case, like so many others, remains opened.

Many prayers of love and Light launched for all here, for Mickey, her family and friends. I am a stranger and aching beyond words, I cannot fathom what they are feeling.

Great job tonight, WS'rs. God bless and keep us all.

The Kyron Horman case touched me as well.

I came around the time Shaniya Davis was abducted I think.... and was around for Casey Anthony's trial and active for Jason Young's trial and conviction. Now I keep an eye out in the missing persons forum, so I will be here for a while. I just hope this is not one of the cases that go unsolved.

AND it comes down to whether that truck was actually following her.

What a complex case.

One thing that points tp the truck being involved is the fact that they got two of the vehicles - but not that one.

but maybe it's as simple as they had a good camera and angle for the "bed cover" truck, and the car had bad film but was distinctive, but that third truck - the reason it's of interest, aside from it being behind her, is that likely they don't have a plate.

So again - we really don't know if the truck actually was following her, and that makes a huge difference in her possible route, doesn't it.

It does indeed. Also what leads me to believe that truck is either responsible or saw something, is the background. Exactly the same in both pics of the truck and her. Meaning it was very close time-wise

i enlisted my son's help who is a total car guy and he said the (i dont know street names) but the white trucks shown in opposite directions in front of the gas station is the same one. The one shown on the other street (with a topper of sorts) is not either of those in the other pics... he said not the same as either truck in the photos shown in front of Circle K (I believe) so if said truck was heading (left in pic) first...then mickey biking toward the right in pic...then truck turned around and followed mickey going right in pic -- with same car in back ground fueling up...would have all taken a min or less

My hubby is a car/truck buff, he said the same thing. He actually used a magnifying glass to look at the truck on the computer screen. lol. I was actually quite shocked at how well that works, way better than using a graphics program to adjust. Anyway, I have decided it is best to just let the matter rest to eliminate any confusion and I don't want to be responsible for people pulling their hair out or doing this :banghead:

I have one sorta off topic thing to ask and one really off topic thing to ask:

1: Who is the coroner of Lafayette Parish? Is it still Boustany?

2: (all this talk about trucks made me think this) Why do we call them ice cream trucks when they are vans?

I'm trying to have hope that Mickey is still alive... but since she probably isn't, I was hoping for some closure for her family, and some evidence to arrest somebody!!!!!! What a relieving / disappointing night.

divers in the water for a good part of the day and all we have is a log? even at arms length you can tell what is wood and what is not...sounds like bull to me.

Very strange...seems like they will have to dive every night if a mere shape can cause all of this hubbub...

LE is doubtless doing the best they can.

If they had found anything, it sounds like all necessary teams would have been onsite.

Which means that when/if they DO find Mickey, they will do it right.

No need to dispute them, or one's fellow posters... let's just get back to figuring out where Mickey might be.

I have one sorta off topic thing to ask and one really off topic thing to ask:

1: Who is the coroner of Lafayette Parish? Is it still Boustany?

2: (all this talk about trucks made me think this) Why do we call them ice cream trucks when they are vans?

Yes, Charles Boustany. According to : http://www.hopenetworks.org/lacoroner.htm

I'm not sure if I believe this...maybe they are just saying that in hopes of clearing all of the media and onlookers? They wouldn't search that long and bring in all of these resources unless they had a darn good reason...would they??

You would think they would have had a good reason to bring in all of the resources... I guess it's better to take every precaution. It sure did seem like something big. I don't remember a big to-do about the search when they found the bike, so I guess I thought this search would turn out with a big outcome of some type.

What were they thinking bringing in a white van,,,,,what are the odds.....had my heart in my stomach......

Good Night all...until tomorrow when we go over trucks and horses and God knows what. Saying a prayer for Mickey and for her family, this had to be so hard on then... I feel so sad for them right now....:(

maybe they threw the bike there, and on the other side of the bridge they tossed the body?

I wonder if that's the serious potential evidence they found. Or perhaps there is at least something new they got. Because I would think "legs or a body" is a little more than "critical evidence"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member